What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac-12 in the Post-Season

I think style of play, and poor/irratic PAC officiating, hurts the PAC in the Dance. I watch how much contact, and how tough the guard play is in tourney, the "tough" teams refuse to lose.

Just cannot be a conincidence how poorly PAC conference has fared in Dance. Yes, my Hoosier buds are giving me the business after bragging up the PAC. I earned it.

Oregon plays as "tough" as anybody in conference, I think they can hang, I will root for them to do so. Important for the conference to have some success.

BTW, an example of the play I am describing, watch Yogi Ferrell when IU plays next. Yogi is an overachiever that plays with huge intensity until he drops. No quit. 5 foot nuthin and not a great talent when he arrived, has worked incredibly hard (a** off) to get better. Dom should take note.

Last edited:
I think style of play, and poor/irratic PAC officiating, hurts the PAC in the Dance. I watch how much contact, and how tough the guard play is in tourney, the "tough" teams refuse to lose.

Just cannot be a conincidence how poorly PAC conference has fared in Dance. Yes, my Hoosier buds are giving me the business after bragging up the PAC. I earned it.

Oregon plays as "tough" as anybody in conference, I think they can hang, I will root for them to do so. Important for the conference to have some success.

BTW, an example of the play I am describing, watch Yogi Ferrell when IU plays next. Yogi is an overachiever that plays with huge intensity until he drops. No quit. 5 foot nuthin and not a great talent when he arrived, has worked incredibly hard (a** off) to get better. Dom should take note.

Interesting thesis; Larry Scott's irratatic and safety minded P12 refs are making the Conference of champions soft.

Watching Seaton Hall, Gonzaga, Arcky Little Rock and Iowa St at the Pepsi Center tends to make me agree with Eggon. These teams bang each other around and you did not see many of the teams get into the bonus until it was intentional fouling time at the end of the game. The Pac officials are creating a softer brand of bball in the West for sure.

Watching Seaton Hall, Gonzaga, Arcky Little Rock and Iowa St at the Pepsi Center tends to make me agree with Eggon. These teams bang each other around and you did not see many of the teams get into the bonus until it was intentional fouling time at the end of the game. The Pac officials are creating a softer brand of bball in the West for sure.
It isn't just in basketball that the Pac-12 officials are making teams soft.

I did note a couple of unnecessary soft fouls called against Utah, back-to-back. But then Utah should be used to 'soft foul calls.'

I'd love this. the issue is, who's left?

I think the Pac should purse such a deal with both the WCC and the American where only each of their top 6 from the year before participate. Yes, it's picking up leftovers, but it's going one up over the other four. The only other real option is the all-Catholic Big East -- hard to imagine the Pac going there.

There's little to appreciate in the way of a recruiting showcase by pitting the Pac-12 against the Big East as both draw from entirely different areas. Still, imagine next fall seeing the top 8 finishers from each league facing off on FS1.

Oregon-Villanova
Utah-Xavier
Cal-Seton Hall
Arizona-Providence
Colorado-Butler
Oregon State-Creighton
USC-Marquette
Washington-Georgetown

I'd watch the hell out of that.

There's little to appreciate in the way of a recruiting showcase by pitting the Pac-12 against the Big East as both draw from entirely different areas. Still, imagine next fall seeing the top 8 finishers from each league facing off on FS1.

Oregon-Villanova
Utah-Xavier
Cal-Seton Hall
Arizona-Providence
Colorado-Butler
Oregon State-Creighton
USC-Marquette
Washington-Georgetown

I'd watch the hell out of that.

I'd love that. But I grew up in NJ and was a Big East fan as a kid, so my perspective may be different than most CU fans. Regardless of the level of fan passion for the games, I would have to think it would be good for exposure and RPI.

Also, what ever happened to those discussions of the Pac-12 and B1G doing a game against each other in the middle of conference play? I know it fell through, but wasn't ever clear on why that idea went off the rails.

Back