1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pac 12 Networks... any updates?

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by shang, Sep 10, 2012.

1. shang

shang Member

Now that football season is in full lame swing... I hear that the Pac 12 Networks is broadcasting on COMCAST, but not on DirectTV.... Will Direct TV be broadcasting soon? or at least by hoops season?

2. btbuff

btbuff It's an inside joke Club Member

Latest update on Sept 8th.
    Dish was added last weekend which will put pressure on DTV to add. The big game coming up is CAL-USC on Sept 21. Among a few others coming up.

3. Shldr2Shldr

Shldr2Shldr Club Member Club Member

I thought Dish signed an exclusivity agreement with the Pac-12

4. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

That was corrected within an hour or so after the Dish Network announcement was made. They get exclusive signage among satellite providers in stadiums or something like that. No way were they going to pay what it would have taken to keep the Pac from negotiating with Directv...

5. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

I think they have exclusive rights to broadcast to Dish subscribers....

6. GoBuffs!!

GoBuffs!! Active Member

DirecTV is coming close to being dropped for me because of this.

7. J.R. Ewing

J.R. Ewing Club Member Club Member

Wish Dish still had AMC.

8. leftybuff

Me too...my bet is they will pick it back up before Walking Dead starts...

9. HUFset

HUFset Well-Known Member

This is my ONLY complaint about DISH, yet I have seen every episode of Breaking Bad. It isn't difficult to download a TV show and hook your laptop up to a flatscreen with HDMI. You can't beat DISH prices, technology and above avg customer service.

10. SuperiorBuff

SuperiorBuff Well-Known Member

It started working at my house on Saturday morning on Comcast. Just out of the blue. I like it so far.

11. leftybuff

Ok, I'll admit my technical expertise pretty much tops out at using e-mail, posting on AB and programming my DVR. How does one download BB and watch? Netflix? Some secret Pirate website?

12. J.R. Ewing

J.R. Ewing Club Member Club Member

That's about where I am. People start talking about streaming, and I think fly fishing.

13. shang

shang Member

Any word as to whether DirecTV will be carrying the P12 network by the Wofford game?!?! If not, i guess I'm switching... what's better? Dish or Comcast.... thanks in advance

14. jgisland

jgisland Club Member Club Member

It doesn't seem likely, I wasn't that worried back in August it would get resolved by hoop season, I am now.

15. Goose

Goose Hoops Moderator Club Member Junta Member

I'm starting to look to see what bars in my neighborhood will be able to get the Pac-12 network. Away games suck.

16. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

Ill deal this year with Internet only. After that...

17. jgisland

Agreed, I have a buddy's time warner login for the ipad app and can run it through apple TV. It actually looks pretty good, but it would be nice to be able to DVR the games.

18. shang

shang Member

ur going to be at the home games... right?!?!

19. Burrito Palazzo

Burrito Palazzo huff my smug Club Member

Update: we're getting our asses kicked.

20. Goose

Of course. Because CU won't call me back, probably in the same seats as last year, which is fine.

21. buffgal

buffgal Club Member Club Member

I'm happy. Dish now has an agreement with Pac 12 networks to watch online once the trial period is over. I had to update my sports package to multi-sport, which gets me all the Fox sports channels. I don't understand that but apparently that is the deal if I want to watch the games that won't be televised. I'm guessing at some point, the regional games will be part of the multi-sport package and not available the way they are now.

22. jgisland

23. shang

shang Member

dorkTV still has no agreement w/ P12, so I signed up w/ comcast HD on a month to month basis, was only an extra $18/mo added to the internet bill... go buffs!!!

24. GoBuffs!!

GoBuffs!! Active Member

I also switched solely for the Pac12 network, but I ended up with way faster internet (Qwest sucked), and added a home phone, all to pay $30 less!!! With no contract. I think in a year it will end up being probably that $18 more a month, but basically even when I drop the phone.

Its sad, cause I really liked the Directv product, and think its much better DVR, TV guide, etc, but not worth it in the end.

25. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

I'm not happy with Comcast. The DVR sucks, and the HD channels are all in the 600's and 700's. stupid. Wireless connectivity comes and goes and they screwed up my first bill, promised to fix it, and never did. I'm looking forward to switching back to DirecTV.

26. BinaryBuff

BinaryBuff mmmm...beer Club Member

Damn, that sucks to hear. I've been a dtv subscriber for years and years and was thinking of making the switch like you did to comcast. Maybe not.

27. GoBuffs!!

GoBuffs!! Active Member

That is what I am afraid of, havent heard anything good about comcast, but then again, I havent had the best of experiences with DirecTV. My assessment, they are all scum suckers. I had Cox back east and as much as I didnt like them, they are seeming to be the best service I have had so far.

28. Goose

This is exactly why I won't switch yet. Comcast ****ed me HARD when I was with them. The Swan used to laugh whenever I'd get my bill because every month I would have to spend at least an hour on the phone trying to correct it and show them that they overcharged me. My internet is slower with Qwest (and Qwest isn't exactly a prize either), but at least DirecTV is accurate every month.

Plus, I have Dish at my office, and my apartment complex has a rec room that has both DirecTV and Comcast, so I can always use those. I hate those options, but it's better than nothing. I really need to find someone who has Dish that will give me their log-in info so I can stream in my apartment.

29. sockdolager

sockdolager Club Member Club Member

Dish...and it's not even close

30. Buffalo Brad

Buffalo Brad Club Member Club Member

Agree. Have had Dish for years. I switched at one point to Comcast and ended that bad expirament as quickly as I could and went back to Dish. I do not need the NFL Ticket so it is the best of all worlds for me. Service is fantastic and they organize the channels in a way that makes sense. Comcast is the devil.