What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac-12 Season News (2017)

The end result of the case will not be a felony conviction, nor an outright dismissal
We hope that is the case.

Would you care to wager your right to vote, right to own a firearm, and ability to get a well-paid job at any point during the rest of your life on that belief?

Because that's what the USC player has at risk here.

A felony conviction should not even be on the table.

BREAKING; Brandon Dawkins suing Ryan Moeller for Wally Pipping him. UA boosters funding the legal defense.

I have nothing against fans rushing the field, but there is an inherent risk in doing so. The risk being that you might get your ass run over by someone twice your size, especially if you do so before the other team has exited the field. The only just action I see is a dismissal. Any punishment to the player should have been from the team and conference. The kid who stupidly entered the field, most likely before the game officially ended, and crossed the path of the visiting team has learned his lesson. If you are truly interested in player and fan safety, you would want this case dismissed. Charging the player send the message that rushing the field had no consequences and could encourage other stupid kids to do things that may lead to similar outcomes.

Not sure whether the recruiting or the losses are bothering UCLA fans more right now. It's bad in Westwood. We all knew about the Coleman decommit, but he was the 3rd guy this week.

If you love people trashing ucla, David woods from the podcast of champions is an awesome follow on Twitter.

I think the likely end result will be the prosecutor either determines that he couldn't win the case and decides not to file or goes for a lessor charge. USC should provide the player with representation and could file suit against WSU and the "victim." Timing matters a bunch and it would be hard for a jury to find sympathy for a stupid college kid who was clearly where he shouldn't have been. Police are always going to recommend the highest possible crime, but that doesn't mean it should be prosecuted. Also are they going to try to extradite him?

Damn I should have been a lawyer.

I'm surprised this type of discussion hasn't been more prevalent with the Pac basically being relegated to a fourth or fifth tier conference.

The Pac-12, ACC and Big-10 are all pretty similar in distributions so I wouldn't really say that.
There are other threads that have discussed this ad naseum, so I don't care to have a debate about it, but revenue, conference network distribution, game time slots, exposure, etc are all in favor of the other 4 and it's not even close.

There are other threads that have discussed this ad naseum, so I don't care to have a debate about it, but revenue, conference network distribution, game time slots, exposure, etc are all in favor of the other 4 and it's not even close.
The ACC might have earlier games but makes the same amount of money per school that the Pac-12 does. Big-12 does for the most part two outside of the top schools with the big tier 3 contracts.

I love the USC news. This is the pressure that needed to be applied on Scott, the other universities and the folks at PACN to get their **** together. Only USC has the juice to force much-needed change to maximize revenues.

Back