What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac 12 South Race

I think the South will be pretty wide open. I don't get the preseason hard-on for Arizona State...they'll continue to underchieve, like they have for most of the time they've been in the conference. Frankly, I think Utah probably has the best chance of winning the South. CU will at least beat out UCLA. My prediction:

Utah
SC
Arizona
Arizona State
CU
UCLA

I think the South will be pretty wide open. I don't get the preseason hard-on for Arizona State...they'll continue to underchieve, like they have for most of the time they've been in the conference. Frankly, I think Utah probably has the best chance of winning the South. CU will at least beat out UCLA. My prediction:

Utah
SC
Arizona
Arizona State
CU
UCLA

3rd would be a miracle for Arizona. Best case scenario they get to 6-6 after a 1-5 or 2-4 start (depending on whether your Beavs beat them) including 0-3 in the PAC

CU will win it, of course, on our way to an undefeated season, conference title, and national championship. stewart will win the heisman, too.

why not? if i'm going to wear my fan goggles, i might as well go big!

There is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY that the Buffs go 3-2 in the first four games.

touche'

btw it is spelled redneck

never do know if people from NC can spell

I think the South will be pretty wide open. I don't get the preseason hard-on for Arizona State...

The hype was that they returned a ton of players from a team that was able to go toe to toe with Wisconsin, Oregon and Stanford. Things aren't so good this off season in Tempe though, so I can understand people not seeing it now.

Since they played their last game:

Lawrence Guy, their best DT, made a mistake by going NFL too early.

Omar Bolden, the best CB in the conference, took a season ending injury.

Steven Threet, the guy who started most of the season at QB, called it a career due to concussions. He probably wasn't going to start, but he'd have been a heck of a backup option.

Deantre Lewis, the most dangerous offensive player on the team, was shot at a family BBQ by an errant bullet.

T.J. Simpson, their most productive returning WR, was injured and will be out all season.

James Brooks left the team to chase his music career, or something weird.

So did Samson Szakacsy, their other QB with significant game experience.

Brandon Magee, their most consistent linebacker and along with Bolden and Burfict one of the 3 best defensive players on the team, just suffered a season ending injury.

There are several other players who are missing time or have missed time due to less severe injuries.

Basically, the injury bug hit Tempe as bad as I've ever seen it. If things had gone better, you'd see 10 starters on offense back, 9 starters on defense back, and the return of Will Sutton offsetting/improving on one of those. They'd have probably had arguably the best DL, the best CBs in the conference, and inarguably the best LBs. 3 safeties with starting experience, too.

Then the offense would have had 10 starters back, too, and they outgained Oregon by 200 yards and should have beaten Wisconsin, Stanford and USC the year before.

That's where the hype came from. It's just sort of falling apart.

Last edited:
I think fans that are penciling us in for wins against teams like Cal, Hawaii, USC, UCLA, etc. are going to be disappointed. USC will have a bit of a down year by their standards but talent-wise still blow us out of the water.

CU will be improved this year but we have questions all over our depth chart and play what has been evaluated by some as the most-difficult schedule in the country.

There is no doubt in my mind that there will be a couple of games this season where our secondary gets absolutely lit up. Andrew Luck or Matt Barkley and USC's WRs vs. ________ at corner? It isn't going to be pretty.

Of our last 10 games in the season, I see one game I would categorize as a probable win: WSU. We will not likely be favored in any of our last eight games, and it is possible that we will only be favored in 2 games all season.

For some reason, despite having 13 games next year, a grand total of 5 of them are at Folsom. We have new coaching, but this group of players has endured some rather spectacular struggles on the road, and two of our home games are no-hopers in my eyes.

The team will be improved but the record is likely to be bad this year. As an aside, CU really needs to stop playing games like @OSU in OOC and start looking at the OOC schedule as an opportunity to start the year at least 3-1, and really 4-0. We are likely to have a difficult schedule in-conference every season; we don't need to play powerhouses on the road before conference play even starts.

I think fans that are penciling us in for wins against teams like Cal, Hawaii, USC, UCLA, etc. are going to be disappointed. USC will have a bit of a down year by their standards but talent-wise still blow us out of the water.

CU will be improved this year but we have questions all over our depth chart and play what has been evaluated by some as the most-difficult schedule in the country.

There is no doubt in my mind that there will be a couple of games this season where our secondary gets absolutely lit up. Andrew Luck or Matt Barkley and USC's WRs vs. ________ at corner? It isn't going to be pretty.

Of our last 10 games in the season, I see one game I would categorize as a probable win: WSU. We will not likely be favored in any of our last eight games, and it is possible that we will only be favored in 2 games all season.

For some reason, despite having 13 games next year, a grand total of 5 of them are at Folsom. We have new coaching, but this group of players has endured some rather spectacular struggles on the road, and two of our home games are no-hopers in my eyes.

The team will be improved but the record is likely to be bad this year. As an aside, CU really needs to stop playing games like @OSU in OOC and start looking at the OOC schedule as an opportunity to start the year at least 3-1, and really 4-0. We are likely to have a difficult schedule in-conference every season; we don't need to play powerhouses on the road before conference play even starts.

Our 6 wins......

Hawai'i is breaking in a lot of new players and the team is focused on this game

Cal went 1-4 on the road last year, and got blown out by Nevada after blowing us out, CU is a much different team at home, Cal is much different on the road.

We have beat CSU by an average of two TD's per game the last 3 meetings at Invesco

Wazzu is the worst BCS team the last 3 years

USC has played down to the level of their competetion lately and it is a blackout game. CU is 3-1 in blackou tgames. All those blackout games, CU was way out talented by the opposition. CU usually upsets a good team each year and this will be the one.

Arizona is likely to be 2-7 when they face us and CU is 16-7 in Folsom finales since 87 (12-2 when not playing Nebraska in finale) and 12-1 all time vs. AZ.

BTW, do you realize how much money CU is getting by going to play in Columbus? Take a wild guess

Last edited:
I understand there are financial reasons for us playing at OSU. In my view, the end goal of the football program is wins, not dollars. Obviously there are fiscal realities to be dealt with, and I understand that this year may be particularly difficult as a result of our move to a different conference, but in the future I would like to see us schedule to maximize wins.

Back