What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac-12

If Cal and UW lose their next game plus CU, UA, and UO win, there will be a five way tie for first place in the Pac-12. UCLA would be just one game out of first place and could steal the regular season title.

Pac12 RPI heading into Saturday:

Cal 47
Arizona 63
Oregon 73
CU 75
Washington 76
Stanford 100
UCLA 105
Oregon St 141
Washington St 144
USC 224
Arizona St 227
Utah 272

The big game is Cal @ UCLA. The Bruins have won 4/5 and will officially be a legit contender in the Pac12 sweepstakes if they can beat Cal tomorrow. The Golden Bears are currently 9-3, while UCLA is 7-5, so UCLA knocking Cal back even to us with 4 losses would be great.

I was a little hopeful that Washington could run into some trouble in Corvallis tomorrow, but the Beavs lost to Wazzu on Thursday. Who knows though, if the Beavs that beat Oregon in Eugene show up, maybe they can help us out.

Last edited:
Cal unfortunately got the win @ UCLA. Big win for them to get to 10-3. I guess the good news is UCLA is out of the way..

Cal unfortunately got the win @ UCLA. Big win for them to get to 10-3. I guess the good news is UCLA is out of the way..

I think it's good. The teams at the top need to separate a bit so that we can get more than 2 teams into the tourney.

joebruin_display_image.jpg

Meh...this one was always a fraud.

I think it's good. The teams at the top need to separate a bit so that we can get more than 2 teams into the tourney.

From that standpoint, yes. However, I'm not ready to give up winning this conference just yet, so a Cal loss would have been nice

From that standpoint, yes. However, I'm not ready to give up winning this conference just yet, so a Cal loss would have been nice

We'll get our shot at them at the Keg.

Except for needing a Washington loss, all we need to do is take care of business on our end.

Be nice if Oregon State could knock Washington back this evening. Not counting on it. UW still has Zona, @ UCLA and @ Wazzu as well though

Stanford visits USC tonight also. Cardinal have completely fallen apart after their win over us on Jan. 14 to get to 5-1 in the Pac. They've lost 5/6 since then (only win coming against ASU at home), now sitting at 6-6.

Not really that bummed that we didn't get N'Diaye wouldn't have fit into Tad's system at all.

This upcoming week some of our competition is guaranteed to lose: Oregon @ Cal on Thursday, Arizona @ Washington on Saturday. Either the Ducks and Cats fall back behind us, or the Bears and Huskies drop to being even with us.

Rest up, Buffs, and let's get ready to kick some ass these final five games

Last edited:
I'm really trying to figure out how both sets of Fox announcers today can keep talking about Stanford needing a win to stay somewhat close to the "top 4" in the conference, when there are 5 teams at either 10-3 or 9-4.... :huh:

Judging by some of the commentary during the UW/OSU game, Joel Meyers, at least, has determined that CU is the odd team out from that 5....

I'm really trying to figure out how both sets of Fox announcers today can keep talking about Stanford needing a win to stay somewhat close to the "top 4" in the conference, when there are 5 teams at either 10-3 or 9-4.... :huh:

Judging by some of the commentary during the UW/OSU game, Joel Meyers, at least, has determined that CU is the odd team out from that 5....
I think that is the most likely result as well. We definitely are the ugly duckling in that group.

I think CU ending up in a cluster**** of a tie for second with a bunch of teams is most likely. Too early to say how that would affect our seeding, because it's too much of a mystery who will end up in first.

1. Results of head to head
2. Each team's record vs the team occupying the highest position in the final regular standings, and then continuing down through the standings until one team gains and advantage. When arriving at another group of tied teams while comparing records, use each team's record against the collective teams as a group (prior to that group's own tie-breaking fixture), rather than the performance against individual tied teams.
3. Won-lost % against all Division I opponents
4. Coin toss by Commissioner or designee.

The guys doing the UW/OSU game today were talking about CU in 5th due to CU's overall record being half a game worse than UA, and a game worse than Oregon. It's obviously way too early to start figuring out all the tie-breakers, so they just based it off that for the hell of it.

This upcoming week is going to be good for us. We'll be sitting in even better shape seven days from now

Last edited:
The guys doing the UW/OSU game today were talking about CU in 5th due to CU's overall record being half a game worse than UA, and a game worse than Oregon. It's obviously way too early to start figuring out all the tie-breakers, so they just based it off that for the hell of it.

Everybody seems to be using overall record as the tiebreaker right now, unless there's a clear head to head tiebreaker. So I have no problem with that. What bugged me was when they kept talking about Stanford needing to stay close to "the top 4". There's a group of 5 that have pulled away at this point. What the **** would be wrong with saying "top 5", when that's what it is. There was also a comment from Joel Myers about Cal having the easier road schedule with trips to Utah, Colorado and Stanford than UW with trips to Wazzu, UCLA and U$C. Seriously, how the hell do you come to that conclusion unless you're just completely writing off what CU has done so far?

Back