1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parker Orms

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by VABuff5, Nov 18, 2013.

1. VABuff5

VABuff5 Member

Somewhere in the beginning of the 4th quarter, I spotted Parker Orms over signing autographs for a group of 5-8 kids along the section 118 wall. For some reason, that just doesn't sit well with me....

2. Alfred91

Alfred91 Club Member Club Member

Why?

It's not like he was playing in the game. He definitely would have a reason to tell the kids to wait after the game, but I don't see anything wrong with him doing it.

3. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

Probably wouldn't have liked that the players were acting like getting a heater on the sideline was a bigger deal than the game then

4. The Ogre

The Ogre Club Member Club Member

Since he wasn't playing, why not give some love to the fans - especially young ones. I don't understand your complaint either.

5. VABuff5

VABuff5 Member

Playing or not, he should have been focused on what was happening on the field. I have no problem with showing kids some love, I had my 7 year old daughter with me at the game, so I get that part. Just don't think that it should be done while the game is going on. Just my opinion...

6. buffaholic

buffaholic Club Member Club Member

Just to clarify, he was not medically cleared to play in the game. Absolutely no problem with that.

7. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

That's where I am. Plus, it's not like Orms is a player whose effort we have ever had reason to question. He made the day for some kids who were there in the 4th quarter despite the weather. I'm good with it.

8. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

this

9. GoonieBuff

GoonieBuff Not really Club Member

With all the eff ups nowadays, not only does is this a reason not to get worked up, I kind of like that he'd do that for a game that he wasn't suited up for.

10. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

Dumb thread is dumb.

11. Buffalo Brad

Buffalo Brad Club Member Club Member

+1 to both

12. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

I'm actually glad he did it. Good for Parker.

13. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

It seems to me that Parker has always been good with and tried to maintain a connection with the fans. Even in the worst of times he didn't dodge tough questions and was willing to interact with the fans, especially the kids.

You can try to maintain some fantasy about maintaining a solid focus on the game but by the fourth quarter with the score where it was at a lot of the guys in pads honestly were not doing that. Had Parker choosen to he could have used the injury as an excuse and spent the game in a warm place instead of being out there with his team and the fans.

14. Gary Indiana

Gary Indiana Club Member Club Member

Wait, let me get this straight, we finally win a game against a conference opponent and this is the crap you post about? If you unwrapped a new Benz for X-mas would you complain about the wrapping paper? Get it together.

AlferdJasper likes this.
  15. SECOBuffsFan

SECOBuffsFan Active Member

With the down times for the football program...you gotta do something positive, especially for kids. Thumbs way up for Parker!:thumbsup:

16. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

Players do it all the time. I remember when Dan Graham was at CU my dad and I would go down and talk to him all the time later in the game, same with Vickers and a few other players

17. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Another thing to keep in mind is that the fans are about 3 feet from the players bench. It would be hard not to have some interaction with the fans from time to time. Especially if you're not playing.

18. VABuff5

VABuff5 Member

Maybe I was at a different game? Orm's WAS in Uniform....also, section 117 was told by security that the coaches requested that the fans stop shouting players names. I'm not bashing Parker, and know he's a good kid. Just thought it was bad timing. When you see a guy in uniform signing autographs early fourth in a blow out game, it came across as bad taste to myself and several in my section. Continue to bash the post

19. Wyo Buff

Wyo Buff Club Member Club Member

The next thing you know some 1%er will be posting about the lack of flat screens in the luxury boxes. . . . . : )

AlferdJasper likes this.
  20. Uncle Ken

Uncle Ken Orr no morr Club Member

Can I get your autograph?

21. buffaholic

buffaholic Club Member Club Member

Parker was officially ruled out from playing due to a neck stinger. Would you have felt that way if you knew that (assuming you didn't)?

In my day, we'd pick out girls to invite to the post game party, and we'd call dibs on which ones we'd be going after if they showed. So Parker signing autographs for kids? Not so much a problem with me.

22. VABuff5

VABuff5 Member

Honestly I didn't know that. He was suited up on the sideline, signing autographs during a game. That was my issue. Had I have known he was unable to play (in street clothes) I would have been perfectly fine with it, and this thread never started...

23. Tea Rex

Tea Rex Club Member Club Member

At least he didn't go full T.O.

24. Burrito Palazzo

Burrito Palazzo huff my smug Club Member

Don't distract him, he's wiring.

25. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

No worries. There's certainly an argument to be made that a senior leader should be invested in the game and supporting his teammates. I disagree with you on this one in regard to Parker, but I appreciate your point.

26. BuffHerd

BuffHerd Club Member Club Member

Going to miss Orms. He never quite played to his potential IMO. Too many injuries. He is a vicious hitter, but often hit too high. I am fine with his autographs for the kids. I would feel different had he been eligible to play.

27. mdelpizzo_1

mdelpizzo_1 My Dixie Wrecked Club Member

I have no issue with him doing that and I know the secondary played better without him out there. Don't get me wrong, he is a great Buff and has done a lot of good for this team, but he was overmatched out there.

OrangeBowl likes this.
  28. dply

dply Doble hoja Club Member

[video=youtube;sN7r7nk0-zc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sN7r7nk0-zc[/video]

29. Buffenuf

Buffenuf massive tool

:yeahthat: Not playing--indeed no chance of it; Buffs ahead comfortably; give the kids some good PR; didn't order any hot dogs....... I like it!

So stuff it, Grumpy McGrump!

30. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Club Member Club Member

Remember when Hansen and Cody could be seen laughing it up on the sideline as we were getting thrashed by our opponent? That is something to get your panties twisted over......not this issue, bitch.