What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Phil Out

To me, the highlight of his career as chancellor will always be the time I got to see him eat **** on the Duke basketball court just before the CU/Middle Tennessee game.

Byyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

At no point did this moron meet the competent level, unless the position was bathroom attendant, and even then, the only part he'd be good at was making you wonder if he was staring at your junk or not.
As long as the job required kissing butts and sucking up while not making waves he was competent.

Anything that required actual leadership and vision he was a one armed blind man in a row boat in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

The Office Party Hard GIF

Between Phil, certain ADs, certain coaches, certain Regents and certain other administrators... let's just say that I've sold my soul to so many different demons in order to get rid of people that it's going to cause a civil war in hell.
Just let them battle it out and you can takeover when the smoke clears.

Sure. I don't agree with making race the determining factor in a hiring decision, but I do believe strongly that the next CU Chancellor needs to have a vision for diversity of the Boulder campus and credibility on that front.
I’m only advocating a diverse list of candidates. But we all want the absolute best hire we can get. The successful candidate should have a clear plan for achieving what he/she envisions for the University.

Lots of animus being directed at PD. 😆

I know many of us look at PD through our “athletic department “ lens. He definitely was a road block in the way of athletic success. Especially football. Aside from that, in which ways did he fail?

Last edited:
Prime is good at saying nice things about people who affected his current situation, but can someone sit down with him and explain that he is here rebuilding a once-proud program, BECAUSE of Phil!

He praised him and used the "L" word (Legend). He has to be nice, but so painful to hear.

34:55

Lots of animas being directed at PD. 😆

I know many of us look at PD through our “athletic department “ lens. He definitely was a road block in the way of athletic success. Especially football. Aside from that, in which ways did he fail?
You want to talk about CU-B under his leadership on selectivity, rank, expansion, diversity, faculty recruitment/ pay scales, etc.?

Exclude athletics entirely and look at the rest of the school.

CU-B has for a long time been considered one of the better public universities in America. Not elite but well above average and with some programs that were considered elite.

In the time that PD has been Chancellor name one program that has taken a step up in terms of national recognition, there are programs that have declined but it is hard to name a single program or area in which under the leadership of PD CU has made notable advancements.

There has been a net loss in nationally and internationally recognized researchers, the selectivity in student admissions has gone down in comparison to CU-B's peers.

It is true that many schools have become less selective in admissions as the number of HS graduates declines due to demographics but the decline has been greater at CU than other schools in a time when the population and number of HS students in Colorado and the region has stayed stable or gone up significantly bucking national trends.

It is also true that funding from the state is not what it once was but that is old news and Colorado is far from the only state where that is happening.

In total no he isn't a terrible guy. He is a guy who will never be on anyone's list as a dynamic leader, he isn't someone who "Gets things done." In a time when CU needed a leader who could move the university into a rapidly changing future Phil was a guy who bound it to the past.

The students, the faculty, and the state deserved better.

I know you are looking for examples outside of athletics but the fact he made one of his own departments seek out a loan to keep the lights on during a worldwide pandemic is nothing more than a leader who is only worried about his own survival.

Exclude athletics entirely and look at the rest of the school.

CU-B has for a long time been considered one of the better public universities in America. Not elite but well above average and with some programs that were considered elite.

In the time that PD has been Chancellor name one program that has taken a step up in terms of national recognition, there are programs that have declined but it is hard to name a single program or area in which under the leadership of PD CU has made notable advancements.

There has been a net loss in nationally and internationally recognized researchers, the selectivity in student admissions has gone down in comparison to CU-B's peers.

It is true that many schools have become less selective in admissions as the number of HS graduates declines due to demographics but the decline has been greater at CU than other schools in a time when the population and number of HS students in Colorado and the region has stayed stable or gone up significantly bucking national trends.

It is also true that funding from the state is not what it once was but that is old news and Colorado is far from the only state where that is happening.

In total no he isn't a terrible guy. He is a guy who will never be on anyone's list as a dynamic leader, he isn't someone who "Gets things done." In a time when CU needed a leader who could move the university into a rapidly changing future Phil was a guy who bound it to the past.

The students, the faculty, and the state deserved better.
I think the next chancellor should be someone dynamic, young and who could really bring in some innovation. I don’t know anything about Phil and what he did or didn’t do to CU academics. But from my own time at CU our school has great potential. I don’t think there’s a more awesome campus anywhere, is there?

I’m interested in this “animas”. Please tell me more.

Back