What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pic of the Buffs?

If there was a black CU helmet with a buffalo on it I'm pretty sure recruits could tell it's Colorado. And i hope they can read what's on the front of the jersey above the numbers. But, the black helmets would be awesome

Don't get me wrong guys, I am the first to want true all black unis to go with the blackout. I am just hearing that Bohn (not sure if he was 'yes' earlier, or 'maybe') decided last week not to do it. I am as dissapointed as anyone. The recruiting angle was one simply out of speculation, since I can't figure out why we would not have done that when the school is asking for a 'blackout'.

The main person I heard it from that I will repeat is AZ. Figure that is alomst 24 hours old news, so I can release that info. If he doen't like it, I will quit his site.:lol:

i hope it's one time thing if we wear black helmets. it just reminds me too much of mizzery....... Folsom will go crazy if they come out in them tomorrow.

i hope it's one time thing if we wear black helmets. it just reminds me too much of mizzery....... Folsom will go crazy if they come out in them tomorrow.

heh- I remember back ina day when we still had those gawd awful blue uniforms. Mac decided to go with Black for a game, but they didn't warm up in the black unis. So the team is out there looking like crap in their blue uniforms in the pre-game warmups, but comes out on the field for the game in their blacks.

Oh yeah, it was cool.

I think it was against *ebraska. Maybe 1984.

heh- I remember back ina day when we still had those gawd awful blue uniforms. Mac decided to go with Black for a game, but they didn't warm up in the black unis. So the team is out there looking like crap in their blue uniforms in the pre-game warmups, but comes out on the field for the game in their blacks.

Oh yeah, it was cool.

Exactly what they should do tomorrow. Warm up in the Gold helmets then bust out in the blacks behind Ralphie. Pandemonium

Oh yeah, it was cool.

Do you remember it distinctly? :smile2:

JMHO:

- I think that the look "photoshopped" (if you can call it that) was pretty good, with black on black on black helmet w/ gold buffalo. I don't think it does anything to confuse recruits, whereas it does make us trendy and look "sick," "tight," "dank," or whatever else the kids are saying these days.

-If they're going to make the "Blackout" a yearly thing (which it does seem that they're intent on doing), why not make this part of the tradition? Wear the black/black/black unis once a year. I think it only adds to the appeal. In fact, I'm sure there's a whole set of things that they could do to add to the mystique of "Blackout" at Folsom. I'd be completely behind that.

-Lastly, one poster mentioned white on white on the road with the black helmets. I, for one, liked the look oregon had this weekend against Purdue, minus the diamond plating. If you didn't see it, they had all white unis including the helmet, with green and yellow accents. I thought it looked "clean" and I bet a whole bunch of high school kids these days liked the look as well. However, I don't think that it would have looked nearly as nice with colored helmets, and unfortunately I don't think there's any way to pull of the look with the main "dark" color being black. Too monochrome.

I remember it happening, but my recollection as to which game it was and when is pretty fuzzy.

As for the A&M goalpost, I'm 99.9% sure I'm right about that one.

"you sure about that 5 minutes?!!!"

MyCousinVinny3k.JPG

Oh yeah, it was cool.

It was '84, that's the first CU game I ever went to. :thumbsup: CU was terrible that year and NU was highly ranked, maybe top 5, and we hung with them for most of the game and even led 7-3 after 3 quarters before losing 24-7. CU ended up 1-10 that season. :sad2:

Back