What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Playoffs are really not that out of reach...

The committee has an explicit criterion of "conference champion" as a CV booster. If CU wins the P12, that will give CU an advantage over many of the teams currently ahead of us. No P5 conference champions have been crowned yet, so we are where we are.

One thing I hope y'all will remember is that the CFP committee likes us more than the media does. Aside from last week, they've rated us higher than both polls. No matter what the talking heads say, the only decisionmakers who matter believe in The Rise. We just have to give them a good reason to validate our year with a CFP berth.

A monster defensive performance and mistake free execution on offense/special teams is the recipe for our story to be seen by all NCAAF fans.

For those of you that think we have a shot....

Just write down the ranked wins and losses( what the team that beat them is ranked) for Colorado, PSU, Michigan, and Wisconsin. It's not even a debate....... Michigan is clearly at the head of these 4 teams.

You all put too much stock in conference championships. They reward teams for playing tough schedules and Michigan back doored into getting us as a great non confence game.

I don't see a scenario where they allow Michigan in. Unfortunately, I also don't see a scenario where they let the Buffs in.

"Win their conference". ..... due to a tiebreaker...

Both Wisconsin and Penn State lost to Michigan by a lot....

And they are only ranked high due to awful non conference scheduling.....

Your argument sounds good on its face.... but Conference Champ is very misleading.... and the committee knows that.... a committee member already said it....

If we wanted a playoff with conference champs, we would have designed it that way....
That "tiebreaker" you mentioned was Penn State beating OSU head to head, a pretty important factor. Again, if you think they'll take 2 Big 10 teams but leave out the conference champion you are f**king crazy.

That "tiebreaker" you mentioned was Penn State beating OSU head to head, a pretty important factor. Again, if you think they'll take 2 Big 10 teams but leave out the conference champion you are f**king crazy.
WigglyAggravatingAllensbigearedbat-size_restricted.gif

It's not that important....

For the simple equation that A beats B, B beats C, C beats A.

Penn State lost to an unranked team. You can't just use head to head..... it can only be used in the slimmest of circumstances. If you want to use head to head, then Michigan goes over PSU.....

PSU has the worst loss out of all of the teams we are talking about.

Not only has Michigan beaten PSU, Colorado, and Wisconsin, their losses are to the #22 and #2 teams.....

Michigan has the toughest schedule.....

With that said.... I am still not as sure about Michigan in over Wisconsin.... I am sure that Michigan is in over PSU and Colorado.

With that said.... I am still not as sure about Michigan in over Wisconsin.... I am sure that Michigan is in over PSU and Colorado.

Why, if head-to-head is so important to you? Wisconsin didn't do much in terms of quality wins this year. Nebraska was its best win, right?

B
Why, if head-to-head is so important to you? Wisconsin didn't do much in terms of quality wins this year. Nebraska was its best win, right?
their only losses are to #5 and # 2.... they are a much harder decision. They don't have a bad loss.

we probably need some help to get in, but it isn't as unlikely as some think. let's see it play out.

H
headnto head isn't that important....

It was the last criteria I used....

The losses to ranked/ unranked teams are more important.

It's not that important....

For the simple equation that A beats B, B beats C, C beats A.

Penn State lost to an unranked team. You can't just use head to head..... it can only be used in the slimmest of circumstances. If you want to use head to head, then Michigan goes over PSU.....

PSU has the worst loss out of all of the teams we are talking about.

Not only has Michigan beaten PSU, Colorado, and Wisconsin, their losses are to the #22 and #2 teams.....

Michigan has the toughest schedule.....
They are also on a two game losing streak

Neither do we.
And that is where we get to head to head..... our losses are much better than PSU..... closer to Michigan..... Michigan has better wins and they beat us head to head.

I would be irate if we win the PAC 12, PSU wins Big 10.... and PSU gets in over us.

That would be wrong.

But If that happened and we were beat out by Michigan, I would understand.

So 2 non conference champs from THE SAME conference get in over CU as the Pac-12 champ and you'd be ok with that? Please seek help asap.

And that is where we get to head to head..... our losses are much better than PSU..... closer to Michigan..... Michigan has better wins and they beat us head to head.
You were making the argument for Wisconsin, an argument you refused to make for us. That you weren't as sure UM would get in over Wisconsin. Yet we both have no bad losses and both lost to Michigan, your logic is flawed.

So 2 non conference champs from THE SAME conference get in over CU as the Pac-12 champ and you'd be ok with that? Please seek help asap.
The conference champ thing is way over valued..... and in my opinion, the committee knows it. Michigan is in the game if they are in the Big 10 West.

Would you argue Florida should get in if they beat Alabama?

You were making the argument for Wisconsin, an argument you refused to make for us. That you weren't as sure UM would get in over Wisconsin. Yet we both have no bad losses and both lost to Michigan, your logic is flawed.
I do make it for us.... over PSU.... but I realize that Michigans wins are better than ours...... part
ly because they beat us...... we are a highly ranked team.

I do make it for us.... over PSU.... but I realize that Michigans wins are better than ours...... part
ly because they beat us...... we are a highly ranked team.
That doesn't answer why you said you weren't sure whether Michigan would get in over Wisconsin.

The conference champ thing is way over valued..... and in my opinion, the committee knows it. Michigan is in the game if they are in the Big 10 West.

No. Florida is going to fall coming off of a loss and isn't getting a sniff of the top ten.

your honor, i would like to open a line of questioning on mr. philby's possible bias, as i believe it may be impacting his opinion in this case.

q: mr. philby, isn't it true that your wife and the mother of your legitimate children attended michigan?
a: yes, that's true, but i am still unbiased.
q: mr. philby, isn't it also true that you have attended michigan football games as a michigan fan?
a: yes, but what do you mean by fan. i attended a few game.
q: mr. philby, if you had to choose between a pissed off mrs. philby and publicly expressing the opinion that CU should get in ahead of michigan, isn't it also true you would choose to assuage mrs. philby?
a: yes, but...
q: mr. philby, your sister says hello and thinks you'd have a clearer head if you did more drugs. do you think she might be right?
a: of course not! i am totally objective on this matter.

no further questions, your honor. this witness is excused.

Back