What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pre-Season Prediction: CU wins 6 games

Yes. That other teams will inexplicably suck more, for no particular reason.

We'll be better by 25 points, they'll be worse by 25 points, and therefore we'll eek out a few wins.

If Gold is right, by the way, I'm buying him a beer.

You just joined my wolf pack. It's not an invite. Auto-enrollment is more like it. No unsubscribe offered.

It's Friday, have a beer everyone, then join this f'ing pack!

Disagree that Alabama didn't have explosive plays. An explosive play by Yeldon won the game against LSU. Cooper had some big plays against Georgia in the SEC title game.

I did not say they did not have big plays but as usual you are missing the point....Nick said the football games are "won or lost on explosive plays" That is an absolute and I don't buy it...Notre Dame and Stanford - two of the top teams last year were hardly teams of explosive plays yet they won a lot of games....so explosive plays were not required to win. I would maintain that if you watched Alabama they had their big plays after they had ground their opponents down. I also do not know if I count a 28 yard screen pass as an "explosive play" - although I guess that is subjective.

Baylor and Okie State are other examples of teams that had a lot of explosive plays - but in the end they were let down by their defenses.

I did not say they did not have big plays but as usual you are missing the point....Nick said the football games are "won or lost on explosive plays" That is an absolute and I don't buy it...Notre Dame and Stanford - two of the top teams last year were hardly teams of explosive plays yet they won a lot of games....so explosive plays were not required to win. I would maintain that if you watched Alabama they had their big plays after they had ground their opponents down. I also do not know if I count a 28 yard screen pass as an "explosive play" - although I guess that is subjective.

Baylor and Okie State are other examples of teams that had a lot of explosive plays - but in the end they were let down by their defenses.

No I understand your point but I was just pointing out that using Alabama as one of your examples did not support your point.

Also, how is a 28 yard screen play for a TD on the road against a top 3 team not a explosive play? Especially seeing as how it won the game for Alabama...

[tweet]322758441997332480[/tweet]

I love our kids, but I've heard the talk long before the current batch got here. Go kick some ass this season and show us. Hell, just show yourselves, and I'll be there in my seats with my season tickets giving you my full screaming support.

That is our hope. We've been over-hyping for years. This year, we're going the opposite route.

Eager to see the Buffs over-deliver on our expectations.

Absolute last thing the team needs to be worried about right now is what folks on allbuffs are saying. We talk big and may sound convincing, but at the end of the day, what do we really know?

Last edited:
That is our hope. We've been over-hyping for years. This year, we're going the opposite route.

Eager to see the Buffs over-deliver on our expectations.
Agreed. And we are making it "easier for them" since the majority of us would be thrilled with 4 wins but expect more like 2-3.

Honestly, I think 2 wins is the only reasonable guess. Beyond that I am hoping to be in more than half our games after half time and maybe be within a score late in a couple of those. That would be a pretty significant improvement, sad as it is to say.

2 wins, compete in every game save those against teams in the top 10, no Fresno state repeats, dont lead the world in dumb penalties (delay of game out of a time out).

Give me that and I'll consider the season a huge step forward.

I'd say no way Jose! Buuuut we've got Sacky and ITB actively advocating wealth redistribution to benefit the collective, and comcast did something good. I'll have to assume hell has frozen over, and you know what that means...

Semper Gumby

Absolute last thing the team needs to be worried about right now is what folks on allbuffs are saying. We talk big and may sound convincing, but at the end of the day, what do we really know?

Jack and shi t and Jack left the building.

Good thing they play in Boulder instead of Baton Rouge. They would have to spend 18 hrs a day responding to all the negative fan boards. I envision the scene in Bruce Almighty where he can't respond to all the prayers only to find out he's only getting the ones from Boston. It's all relative and we all hope you exceed expectations. I am still holding out hope.

I'm prepared to go on record with a promise we will accumulate 6 wins within 2 seasons :)
I think 2-4 this year and 4-6 next. Worst case scenario from both years is 2+4=6

Which sport?

Here's the thing. I think we will be a lot better. But I also think we need to over-deliver for once. Just once. Pretty sure McIntyre will talk the same way to the media. Keep expectations lower. Lot's of unknowns.

As somone else posted, we may be the pre-season favorite to beat Central Arkansas. If we are, it will be the home field advantage.

What are you basing that on...? Just the way it sounds or our actual record v FCS (at home, no less)?

The fact that its never happened and won't happen in this case. If it has ever happened I would love to see it but Cent Ark will not be favored on the road when we play them.

Who cares if we are favored in any game? All I know is there is not a single gimme on the schedule. That should be enough motivation for a team with plenty of doubters (myself included).

Which Thomas is that? With all due respect the common belief among players last year was we would be better than the '11 team. Playing eachother all offseason doesn't really give them a good idea

Good thing they play in Boulder instead of Baton Rouge. They would have to spend 18 hrs a day responding to all the negative fan boards. I envision the scene in Bruce Almighty where he can't respond to all the prayers only to find out he's only getting the ones from Boston. It's all relative and we all hope you exceed expectations. I am still holding out hope.

Bull****. People in Baton Rouge don't have compooters and they sure as hell can't read.

The fact that its never happened and won't happen in this case. If it has ever happened I would love to see it but Cent Ark will not be favored on the road when we play them.

Can someone set a reminder to bring this post back the week before the game?? How sure areyou of this, tini?

Can someone set a reminder to bring this post back the week before the game?? How sure areyou of this, tini?

I simply just posted it as I thought it was interesting from a current player.

And slider it's from Jeff Thomas.

You get the sense that we've got to be due for some breaks and a pleasant surprise or two. It's just absurdly overdue. That said, I'm just so tired of the talk. We're a 2-3 win team. However, maybe Mac works some magic, we get a few breaks, surprise development and maybe we end up with 5 wins in a dream best-case scenario. Hard to imagine, but Mac has worked miracles before. We've simply got to push forward and get some semblance of momentum in the win column. The good news is when you're coming off the 1 win disgrace known as 2012 Embree ball, that isn't exactly a bar set too high.

Back