What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Predictions for RMS

Speed has never been the same since he blew out his knee. Here is to hoping he's coming all the way back this year.

Seems like that kid has been there forever. Daigh was pretty highly regarded if I recall correctly. He seems like a candidate to take a nice step forward this season at LB.

Seems like that kid has been there forever. Daigh was pretty highly regarded if I recall correctly. He seems like a candidate to take a nice step forward this season at LB.
Webb is the guy that supposedly has had the light go on. He's fast and hits like a mofo. Rippy is the real question mark here coming back from the ACL.

Rippy is my biggest concern at LB. No idea how he will respond to that injury

Webb is the guy that supposedly has had the light go on. He's fast and hits like a mofo. Rippy is the real question mark here coming back from the ACL.

CSU has a similar kid right now by the name of Aaron Davis (True Soph). About the same size as Webb with really good speed. Sounds like he will be starting on the inside for CSU at the beginning of the year.

Just so we are clear, I am not down on the LB group at all. I think the projected starters can all play a physical brand of football between the hash marks. They all flow to the ball well. There will be favorable matchups on the schedule (including CSU).

Just so we are clear, I am not down on the LB group at all. I think the projected starters can all play a physical brand of football between the hash marks. They all flow to the ball well. There will be favorable matchups on the schedule (including CSU).
Yup. Definitely not elite speed though unless Major comes back to pre-injury form. Webb is pretty fast, but again, Rippy is a huge ?.

I worry about Webb being able to get thru blocks in the hole. I have a good feeling tho, think we'll have some guys step up.

Thats because ur a whore twins fan. What would u do if u didnt have us to gripe about? God loves u peckerwood, he even told me so there.

Dont hate me cause im beautiful lol. Our crap acquire shut down your boys if I recall. Trash this sumbitch, u know im kidding yes?
i didn't call him crap. i said good luck, because you never know what you'll get from him. and yes.

now that that's cleared up. fall off a cliff gasm.

Just catching up. Talk about a thread doing a 180. Solid football talk from both sides.

CSquaredCC - tell me about the Rams' DBs. What is our young receiver corps gong to face?

i didn't call him crap. i said good luck, because you never know what you'll get from him. and yes.

now that that's cleared up. fall off a cliff gasm.
You would be right man, hes hit or miss. Damn shame too because his stuff is nasty when hes right. Yeah just having some fun with you, I wouldnt if I thought u couldnt handle it. Gasm, God help us please lol. Have a hard time believing hes that stupid, hes bigtang jr.

Just catching up. Talk about a thread doing a 180. Solid football talk from both sides.

CSquaredCC - tell me about the Rams' DBs. What is our young receiver corps gong to face?

If there is a grouping that McElwain has been the most complimentary of it is the secondary. The corners have a lot of experience. Shaq Bell had the best size (5'11 195) and is a junior. Marcus Shaw and Momo Thomas are seniors and are bit smaller (5'9 180). All are pretty good in coverage. The safetys are young and are good athletes with similar size (6'3 210). Austin Gray will be a second year starter after being at the top of the depth chart as a true freshman last year. Trent Mathews will be starting his first game against CU as a redshirt freshman. Gray isn't as physical as you would think given his size and was a bit of a liability in coverage at times last season. Not to sure about Mathews as I really haven't seen him on the field.

Looks like CSU brought in another hybrid DL/LB from App. State with one year of eligibility to try and add some depth today.

http://denver.sbnation.com/2012/8/9...ootball-2012-lanston-tanyi-appalachian-state#

http://www.goasu.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=21500&ATCLID=1546243

Certainly can't fault McElwain for trying to add some depth, but the fact this guy hasn't played a game since 2009 is a bit of a concern from a CSU standpoint (not to mention he's been playing FCS ball)

I just can't have an honest discussion about the game with CsquaredCC or any other Ram fans. I just don't believe there is a discussion to have. We should pound them. Period. End of story. But it is not fair to good fans like CC who would think I am coming off as a jerk, when it is truly my honest opinion in this game.

I just can't have an honest discussion about the game with CsquaredCC or any other Ram fans. I just don't believe there is a discussion to have. We should pound them. Period. End of story. But it is not fair to good fans like CC who would think I am coming off as a jerk, when it is truly my honest opinion in this game.

One more thing to blame on HaLkins and to an extent Barnett. CU and CSU's rivalry should be a fun OOC game where we hate each other for a week and then after the game we shake hands and wish each other good luck. It has become so much more of that to the fans.

This game really doesn't mean anything outside of instate bragging rights. No one cares who won the RMS presented by Cinch Jeans at the stadium formally known as Invesco field at Mile high but now known as Sports Authority. (Or RMSPBCJATSFKAIFAMHBNKASA for short.) At lest outside of Colorado they don't care and even most Coloradans don't give a ****.

The Utah game last year meant so much more but we didn't talk about it hardly as much. We prevented them a chance to go to the Rose Bowl.

I really hope the rivalry can get back to a reasonable level once again but I think that ship has sailed. This new generation of fans believes CSU is our big rival. CSU fans think we are their big rival so they only show up for our game. It will be better for both schools if focus more on our conference rivals IMO.

I think itll be closer than we'd like, think we will start to pull away in the 3rd. Id say a 27-13 type game, we always blow a coverage against these guys. Lets just hope we light their qb up early and often, make him think twice about running around.

[video]http://www.coloradoan.com/videonetwork/1778817459001/CSU-Practice-Highlights-Aug-9[/video]

Practice film from CSU

Back