What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Predictions for RMS

I don't know how they do their rankings, but according to the US News and World Report rankings, the lamb chops would fall toward the bottom of the PAC 12 according to USNWR's rankings of all major US universities. CSU is rated 128th.

Stanford = 5th
Cal = 21st
USC = 23rd
UCLA = 25th
UDub = 42nd
COLORADO = 94th
Oregon = 101st
Wazzu = 115th
U of A and UU = tied for 124th
ASU = 132nd
Beaver State = 138th

As others have pointed out, not only are their academics out of line, their histories are out of line. CSU hasn't performed well on the big stage ever, nor do they bring anything material to the table.

Last edited:
I don't think they have a clearly defined path to BCS status. They're grasping at straws to find ways that *might* lead to BCS status. They're making a huge assumption that the construction of an on-campus stadium will somehow magically lead to an invite to the Pac 12. I can't for the life of me figure out how they come to that conclusion. I have to give them some credit for re-focusing on athletics up there. It's long overdue. I think it's probably too little, too late.

I do support their plan for the on-campus stadium, though. Anything that would get the game out of Denver gets my full support.

Truthfully, their academics are probably good enough for the Pac12. However, their analogy is false.

Washington & Washington Sate
Oregon & Oregon State
Arizona & Arizona State
Colorado & Utah
his answer... it makes no sense. Assuming academics etc are all even, the pac12 isn't going to dilute the revenue by doubling up on a TV market. And they are going to the big 12 right? :lol:

Sparkles or whoever gave that answer is ****ing retarded.

I don't know how they do their rankings, but according to the US News and World Report rankings, the lamb chops would fall toward the bottom of the PAC 12 according to USNWR's rankings of all major US universities. CSU is rated 128th.

Stanford = 5th
Cal = 21st
USC = 23rd
UCLA = 25th
UDub = 42nd
COLORADO = 94th
Oregon = 101st
Wazzu = 115th
U of A and UU = tied for 124th
ASU = 132nd
Beaver State = 138th

As others have pointed out, not only are their academics out of line, their histories are out of line. CSU hasn't performed well on the big stage ever, nor do they bring anything material to the table.

Don't use US News rankings, ever. Horrible method they have for ranking schools.

CSU advertises constantly on the radio here in Florida for their "world campus". As a result. most people equate them to the Conn Sch of Broadcasting or University of Phoenix.

Last edited:
As long as they are having trouble drawing 25,000 (on a good day) to their games and averaging well below that recently and nobody cares to watch them on TV a new stadium or anything else they do isn't going to matter.

If they build a new stadium it increases their attendance by what? 5,000 a game would be a 25% increase which is highly unlikely and definately unsustainable. Neither the PAC or the Big XII are interested in sending millions of dollars to a school that doesn't generate revenue for them.

Even when they had success they couldn't sustain attendance of 30,000 at home games. They can dream but it isn't happening for them. They would be better off buying powerball tickets.

CSU advertises constantly on the radio here in Florida for their "world campus". As a result. most people equate them to the Conn Sch of Broadcatsing or University of Phoenix.
and they would be correct in doing so...

actually pretty good discussion from some comers. In fact... they don't really have a response except to disagree with the statement that perhaps Jacky boy isn't a genius.

Neither the PAC or the Big XII are interested in sending millions of dollars to a school that doesn't generate revenue for them.
At the end of the day, this is the turd that just can't be polished enough to get them into a big conference.

actually pretty good discussion from some comers. In fact... they don't really have a response except to disagree with the statement that perhaps Jacky boy isn't a genius.

I hadn't read through the newer comments. I just saw the ISU is almost smarter than CU post.

I hadn't read through the newer comments. I just saw the ISU is almost smarter than CU post.

Trying to read through any comments on that board gives me a headache. Whoever decided the format they use on that board was a good idea should be flogged.

The only positive CSU has going for them is their above average academics and large enrollment

The only positive CSU has going for them is their above average academics and large enrollment

I have to give them props for being located in Colorado. Sure, we laugh at them for being based in Ft. Fun, but if I was an aspiring farmer in the Dakotas, Kansas, IA, or land of the Nubs I would be pretty fired up to get a few years in a state with real geography while I learned the intricacies of poultry fertilization.

I have to give them props for being located in Colorado. Sure, we laugh at them for being based in Ft. Fun, but if I was an aspiring farmer in the Dakotas, Kansas, IA, or land of the Nubs I would be pretty fired up to get a few years in a state with real geography while I learned the intricacies of poultry fertilization.

I don't hate CSU. I actually root for them against everyone except CU and AFA. I really don't like their fans though so most of my CSU is so stoopid type comments are just for them.

CSU's academics are not nearly as bad as we like to claim. They're a solid ag school. Probably one of the top 5 ag schools in the country, in fact. There's no better Vet program in the country. They have a lot of things to be proud of. Unfortunately, their athletic program is not one of them.

The biggest thing they're missing, and the thing that will keep them from inclusion in the BCS, is their population base. Until Ft. Collins/Loveland/Greeley has a combined population of over a million, they just don't bring anything of value to the table. That's unfortunate for them.

did that guy just call them chicken ****ers... awesome

I really do hope that Graham isn't entirely smoke and mirrors. CU really does need a good foil, and I don't see any reason why we shouldn't want it to be CSU. I hope they figure it out.

CSU's academics are not nearly as bad as we like to claim. They're a solid ag school. Probably one of the top 5 ag schools in the country, in fact. There's no better Vet program in the country. They have a lot of things to be proud of. Unfortunately, their athletic program is not one of them.

The biggest thing they're missing, and the thing that will keep them from inclusion in the BCS, is their population base. Until Ft. Collins/Loveland/Greeley has a combined population of over a million, they just don't bring anything of value to the table. That's unfortunate for them.

If you want to be a vet in Colorado, then CSU is the best school. It's not clear how well that degree transfers in other regions of the country. Good luck with a CSU vet degree in Texas, as A&M has a lock on the title of best vet school in that state.

I also disagree on your assertion about needing 1M people in N Colorado communities for CSU to have a shot at the BCS. There are plenty of BCS schools with smaller populations than CSU. Look at Kjuco, Ames, Stillwater, Lubbock, and just about every SEC school residing in a town ending in "ville".
What would bring the BCS to Ft. Collins is a religious passion for football. This means people wanting to travel to the Fort on gameday, donate money, fill the stadium, and also cheer on highschool and peewee leagues.

So long as football is just another activity that only appeals to a limited number of Ram alumni and an even smaller number of casual fans, then even 1M people won't make a difference. Look no further than San Jose State, San Diego, SMU, or any college in the greater Philadelphia area about whether being in a high density population area is enough to punch your ticket to the BCS.

CSU DNTIFSE.

If you want to be a vet in Colorado, then CSU is the best school. It's not clear how well that degree transfers in other regions of the country. Good luck with a CSU vet degree in Texas, as A&M has a lock on the title of best vet school in that state.
There are only 27 Vet schools in the United States. All have excellent reputations, including CSU. Vets have degrees from these schools and they work all over the US and world. I have nothing but respect for these degrees because how few people achieve this dream.

Back