What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Prime is Polarizing

first, I'm still fully on-board the Deion Sanders' train

I am questioning his personal accountability, though. IIRC, only once during a presser has he said "that's on me". He's publicly challenged commitment of players (without seeming to acknowledge his role as HC in motivating them, or even his role in selecting these players he now feels lack commitment). He's publicly implied mistakes were made by assistant coaches, but not by himself.

I admire personal accountability and consider it a strong trait of great leaders.

am I missing something? is he more accountable than I'm giving him credit for being?
or is this something like the Trumpian "be an alpha and never admit mistakes" schtick? am I mistaken to consider accountability as a positive trait for a head coach?

I just watched the UA presser and, while I didn't hear personal accountability, nor did I hear anything that seemingly blamed others. He speak critically about player matchups and not so much about game day strategy, but I'll take that as a step forward.

again, I'm still 100% supportive of HCDS -- but I'm not getting a good feeling around this singular aspect and kind of hoping it's just selective information that I'm recalling.
The same thing has been bugging me since Stanford

TEA

Sipping Tea Time GIF

Fun watching the haters move the goalposts this week

—Prime doesn’t care about the trenches.
To
—Just because he wants to improve the oline doesn’t mean he can convince players to actually come to Boulder
To
—They think one guy is going to make a difference.
To
—Sure they got some guys, but they’ll never get them to play as a unit

That ‘strawberry flavored water beverage with other natural flavors’ in plastic bottles is gonna give you cancer for sure my dude. Gotta get on the well water or mineral water grind asap

I'm additionally judging the excessive plastic/packaging. An entire cartload of judgment, if you will.
The most CU Boulder posts on AllBuffs in some time

Back