What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Program Turning Point or Dead Cat Bounce?

Was this a program turning point or a dead cat bounce?

• Total voters
We suck and are going to suck for awhile longer. You can bitch and moan all you want, but the complete systematic dismantling of the program over the last 10 yrs isn't and wasn't going to be fixed by anyone overnight (without a bunch of roided up Jucos recruited w/ plain white envelopes filled with $$).

I thought we'd win 4 games this yr and I apparently drank too much Kool-aide.

For sure.

So we got you locked in, 4 wins year 3?

Yeah CV. Tap the brakes a bit there, bro. 3 wins year 1, 1 win year 2, 4 years year 3, then MAYBE we can talk 6 wins and a bowl game in year 4. These kids have to mature, after all.

:lol: Sorry WR, I'm obviously ****ing insane for expecting to produce 6 wins in year 3 with the "youth" excuse gone, returning a million starters, Paul Richardson back on the field, guys like Jagne on board, and a laughably easy schedule.

If Embree can't get to .500 next year, he's out. It's year 3. The Hawk blaming and all that crap is out the door. It's his team at that point. I'm not exactly asking for us to win the Rose Bowl. I'm asking to beat CSU, Central Arkansas, and either Fresno at home + 3-6 record in the Pac, or lose to Fresno and 4-5 in the Pac. At some point the excuses have to stop and people have to be held accountable and start winning, or else this will continue forever and we'll be Indiana or Duke.

I can already see some of you after a 3 win season in 2013 talking about 2014 "Well, since Richardson decided to bounce, Embree deserves time. We'll win 6 in 2016" "Shane Dillion is still a young QB, give us time, we'll be in a bowl in 2016" "There is youth, wait until 2016" "Well Coach Mac had diarrhea before his first conference game in '86, and Embree did too, so he deserves more time" It's ****ing college football. There's turnover. At some point you nut up and start winning or get shown the door, apparently in every place except a segment of Boulder.

Last edited:
I bet you guys thru a hissy-fit when your parents told you there was no such thing as Santa Claus.

I bet you guys thru a hissy-fit when your parents told you there was no such thing as Santa Claus.

Congratulations, you are everything that is wrong with CU football all wrapped up into one lame fan on allbuffs. 6 wins in Embree's 3rd year and you equate that to Santa Claus. It might very well be mystical, but in that case, it's because Embree was the worst hire in human history... Not because it was unrealistic to expect a coach to beat CSU and Central Arkansas and bat .333 in the Pac-12 in his third season.

We will return a lot in 2013. Spruce will have a full year of experience, as will Thomas. Richardson will be back. Our QB will have been in the system for at least a year. All of our RB's return. Marshall hopefully will be gone but we return our OL. With our OOC, there is really no excuses not to win 6 in year three. 2013 will have almost all of Embree's players so there will be no blaming of the Halk that holds any weight.

hope it is first choice, but I voted 3RD... to early to tell, have to wait and see

We didn't see a team on Saturday that is going to be worldbeaters, but we did see a team that won't get beat 69-14 or the like again this season. After Fresno, it looked like we were going to give up 70 points a game for the rest of the season. After the heart, passion, emotion, leadership, and faster playing that we saw at Wazzu, I'm confident that we're going to avoid any more historic losses and hang around in some games we shouldn't (except Oregon, they're going to smoke us).

too early, but the fact remains embree blew his best 2 chances at addt'l wins. i think utah is beatable. all the others we are decided underdogs, sure we could win, but not likely. if the team can put together 4 quarters of good play and limit mistakes, our chances go up. the margin of error is too small otherwise. if we keep it close (within 2 scores) with ucla even if we lose i will take that as further progress...

:lol: Sorry WR, I'm obviously ****ing insane for expecting to produce 6 wins in year 3 with the "youth" excuse gone, returning a million starters, Paul Richardson back on the field, guys like Jagne on board, and a laughably easy schedule.

If Embree can't get to .500 next year, he's out. It's year 3. The Hawk blaming and all that crap is out the door. It's his team at that point. I'm not exactly asking for us to win the Rose Bowl. I'm asking to beat CSU, Central Arkansas, and either Fresno at home + 3-6 record in the Pac, or lose to Fresno and 4-5 in the Pac. At some point the excuses have to stop and people have to be held accountable and start winning, or else this will continue forever and we'll be Indiana or Duke.

I can already see some of you after a 3 win season in 2013 talking about 2014 "Well, since Richardson decided to bounce, Embree deserves time. We'll win 6 in 2016" "Shane Dillion is still a young QB, give us time, we'll be in a bowl in 2016" "There is youth, wait until 2016" "Well Coach Mac had diarrhea before his first conference game in '86, and Embree did too, so he deserves more time" It's ****ing college football. There's turnover. At some point you nut up and start winning or get shown the door, apparently in every place except a segment of Boulder.

When Shane Dillon is named the starter next fall, I'm fully expecting another season of excuses from the die hards. Shane's a redshirt frosh! Give Embree time.

too early to tell, but a win is a win - just keep winning. Embree deserves some time. We gave a contract extension to a complete idiot before him.

Getting to a bowl game or damn close to it is not a big turnaround. If a bowl game in year three is unrealistic, we got issues.

These coaches haven't proven a single thing. Based on 4 games this year, the WSU win was more of a fluke than the start of a new trend. And despite more player maturity next year, bad coaching in the NCAA kills, and identifies those issues.

These coaches haven't proven a single thing. Based on 4 games this year, the WSU win was more of a fluke than the start of a new trend. And despite more player maturity next year, bad coaching in the NCAA kills, and identifies those issues.

So we shouldn't expect a bowl game in the third year?

I heard that was whne Mac gave his epic: "When life gives you diarrhea, make fudge brownies" speech. The team went out and played like ****....

We will all be interested to see how the team plays against UCLA. Will their be a continuation of improvement or will we revert back to the first 3 weeks?

We will all be interested to see how the team plays against UCLA. Will their be a continuation of improvement or will we revert back to the first 3 weeks?
After re-watching the game, reversion highly probable. We played decent for less than half the game.

All through Dick Head's tenure we were "young and inexperienced" because "GB left the cupboard bare" so we needed to give him time to get his players into the system. Mac's first several years were losing seasons so we have to give Dick Head more time. Dick Head out, JE in. Now we are "young and inexperienced" and Dick Head left the cupboard bare so we need to give him time because Mac's first several years were losing seasons. Rinse and repeat for the next guy and the next guy. If there is one thing Mac did to **** every other coach to follow him was have those first few lousy seasons. Also, why are we always so "young and inexperienced"? Do our upperclassmen leave for the NFL early or something?

All through Dick Head's tenure we were "young and inexperienced" because "GB left the cupboard bare" so we needed to give him time to get his players into the system. Mac's first several years were losing seasons so we have to give Dick Head more time. Dick Head out, JE in. Now we are "young and inexperienced" and Dick Head left the cupboard bare so we need to give him time because Mac's first several years were losing seasons. Rinse and repeat for the next guy and the next guy. If there is one thing Mac did to **** every other coach to follow him was have those first few lousy seasons. Also, why are we always so "young and inexperienced"? Do our upperclassmen leave for the NFL early or something?

Players leave, they fail out, never actually make it in. Building a program back up is not an easy task. And recruiting to a down program is really hard. Not every program comes back in the same amount of time. It's not like CO is in a recruiting hotbed like Florida or Texas. Freshmen and sophomores are simply not strong enough or experienced enough to compete against bigger more experienced teams. Hawks last recruiting classes were crap. We are not going to win with them. So we are just going to have to hope that he gets some good recruits and they turn out. Because it is a cycle, and a lot of teams fall into it. CU is not guaranteed to become a power again. There are a lot of good coaches out there all vying for the same talent. We don't like the fact that things don't turn around overnight especially with the microwave generation, but it is simply going to take time.

We don't like the fact that things don't turn around overnight especially with the microwave generation, but it is simply going to take time.

If there is a more obnoxious piece of rhetoric I am not aware of it. (I am in my mid/late 20s FWIW)

Players leave, they fail out, never actually make it in. Building a program back up is not an easy task. And recruiting to a down program is really hard. Not every program comes back in the same amount of time. It's not like CO is in a recruiting hotbed like Florida or Texas. Freshmen and sophomores are simply not strong enough or experienced enough to compete against bigger more experienced teams. Hawks last recruiting classes were crap. We are not going to win with them. So we are just going to have to hope that he gets some good recruits and they turn out. Because it is a cycle, and a lot of teams fall into it. CU is not guaranteed to become a power again. There are a lot of good coaches out there all vying for the same talent. We don't like the fact that things don't turn around overnight especially with the microwave generation, but it is simply going to take time.

I'm so tired of these rants. Nobody here was suggesting that Embree could turn the program around overnight. Expecting him and his coaching staff to field a team that can beat a really bad CSU team (check out how many wins they have) and a FCS team is not setting the bar very high.

I don't want to start a thread about idiot henderson, so I'll put it here. In his article in the post this morning, he claimed that Wood was the QB who handed the ball off on Tony Jones long touchdown run. I don't think he saw the game.

I don't want to start a thread about idiot henderson, so I'll put it here. In his article in the post this morning, he claimed that Wood was the QB who handed the ball off on Tony Jones long touchdown run. I don't think he saw the game.

What he meant to say was "14 year old girls in unitards give him Wood."

Last edited:
Back