What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

QB choice?

What should be the call at QB?

• Total voters
Shrout absolutely missed plenty of receivers, but in rewatching both games...our receivers SUCK. Most plays there is only ONE viable option. 2/3 or 3/4 receivers are blanketed every play. I thought Sneed and Tyson were the real deals? Sneed looks like every fast twitch muscle he had stayed in Waco, Tyson (yes, he's young) gets bodied to the point he looks like he might cry and Arias runs terrible routes even after, what is it, 6 years? I also thought we heard we had the goods in the TE corp this year? I knew that was straight BS. We've got mediocre Russell and a bunch of low FCS/D2 talent behind him.

Shrout absolutely missed plenty of receivers, but in rewatching both games...our receivers SUCK. Most plays there is only ONE viable option. 2/3 or 3/4 receivers are blanketed every play. I thought Sneed and Tyson were the real deals? Sneed looks like every fast twitch muscle he had stayed in Waco, Tyson (yes, he's young) gets bodied to the point he looks like he might cry and Arias runs terrible routes even after, what is it, 6 years? I also thought we heard we had the goods in the TE corp this year? I knew that was straight BS. We've got mediocre Russell and a bunch of low FCS/D2 talent behind him.
I was shocked at how inaccurate Shrout was. His reputation as a riverboat gambler preceded him, but wow, he was all over the place.

Let's not forget the few (maybe 3) times he actually made a good throw it was dropped and the O line got pushed around like they were playing Georgia. It takes a team effort to be the worst offense in the P5.
No argument here. Poor OL play, dropsies and anemic rushing. It was indeed a team effort.

I was shocked at how inaccurate Shrout was. His reputation as a riverboat gambler preceded him, but wow, he was all over the place.
It is obvious that he has trouble throwing on the run - which most QBs do. They need to have him throw from the pocket using more play action. They like to throw with the QB rolling out.

Last edited:
If Sneed could play his transfer option wouldn't have been CU.

Because Lewis and Shrout look ready? :LOL: Why not play him? There's a better than good chance he transfers out after the season either way. I guarantee he and his dad are already discussing it.
I don't doubt him upstairs, he's been around football his whole life basically. I just don't know if he's physically ready enough. Same time, it wouldn't hurt my feelings any if he, at least, got snaps. Plays well, make him the guy. The other two don't like it, who gives a ****.

Sanford doesn't call plays for the T.E.

Then it is a good thing CU like 19 TE's on the roster.
Spann-Ford is the most gifted athlete we have... Guys potential is through the roof and he was actually the top graded T.E. for week 2... He should run rampant against you....
Sanford would NOT call plays for the T.E. in his 2 years here.... they are a blocker in his scheme... IF he and HCkd are retained I would expect to see a massive overhaul of your ol and t.e. room if these 2 decide to hitch their wagons to each other for the long haul.. Just my opinion

Spann-Ford is the most gifted athlete we have... Guys potential is through the roof and he was actually the top graded T.E. for week 2... He should run rampant against you....
Sanford would NOT call plays for the T.E. in his 2 years here.... they are a blocker in his scheme... IF he and HCkd are retained I would expect to see a massive overhaul of your ol and t.e. room if these 2 decide to hitch their wagons to each other for the long haul.. Just my opinion
We have a scheme and an OL/TE room? That’s news to me!

Honestly, pretty much anyone runs rampant through our D. Some unknown FB went for 178 yards last week. The rushing distances of our opponents will be measured in miles, perhaps kilometers, if some of our weirdo metric-phile posters have a say in it.

CU has some talent, just not nearly enough to fill out the starting positions on both sides of the ball, much less any depth. It appears the staff cannot find their fannies with both hands and a flashlight. Other than that, things are peachy. Try to keep it under 50, okay?

Last edited:
Spann-Ford is an absolute DUDE. That guy is going to be a beast in the NFL. I'd try to target him 8-10x a game.

We know y’all are gonna win.

Voted platoon just so it is apparent it doesn’t matter who the QB is this year, this is a horrid football team overall. Our coaches have no game plan and obviously can’t teach well. Athletically we aren’t great across the board, but it stands out that the team looks confused. You know your job, you play fast. React vs diagnose.

As someone who sat through it, I can tell you that the weather was, um, challenging for the passing game. To quote Dean Wormer, Cold and wet is no way to go through life, son.

As someone who sat through it, I can tell you that the weather was, um, challenging for the passing game. To quote Dean Wormer, Cold and wet is no way to go through life, son.
I've had games that I was more upset about the outcome, but that game probably takes the cake for combined physical/mental unhappiness.

Back