What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Rammies not looking good in scrimmage

I find it interesting that this story hasn't found its way onto ESPN yet. Most of the time they will report any bit of bad news. Has CSU fallen so far that this type of event isn't even worthy enough for ESPN to report?

They were trying to exaggerate what exactly happened. "Started a fire in a crowded bar..."

He started a fire in a trash can that apparently was put out rather quickly/easily and told to leave. Stupid, but also something I could see one of my friends doing.

To be fair, it's pretty stupid but it's something I could see myself doing at that age. Some of the stuff I did in the boulder bars was beyond moronic. I never lit a fire inside a bar, but I did shoot around a fire extinguisher for fun.

To be fair, it's pretty stupid but it's something I could see myself doing at that age. Some of the stuff I did in the boulder bars was beyond moronic. I never lit a fire inside a bar, but I did shoot around a fire extinguisher for fun.

I was trying to convey that-it is stupid, but hardly makes him a hardened criminal. No big deal overall.

I find it interesting that this story hasn't found its way onto ESPN yet. Most of the time they will report any bit of bad news. Has CSU fallen so far that this type of event isn't even worthy enough for ESPN to report?

This was mentioned on CNN this morning. Scared the ***** out of me when the anchor mentioned a "Colorado" football team faces assault charges. She went on to say CSU, but wow about fell out of the chair during commercial.

This was mentioned on CNN this morning. Scared the ***** out of me when the anchor mentioned a "Colorado" football team faces assault charges. She went on to say CSU, but wow about fell out of the chair during commercial.

Since most of the country doesn't even know CSU has a football team they manage to get it all over us as well with this kind of publicity. Yuck! It would be better if the story never left the borders of the state.

You know you are at rock bottom when ESPN blows you off.

Nope. Don't see it on edsbs either. Maybe CSU is getting a free pass from the fulmer cup.

McElWhine is a former SEC coach with a brand new mNC ring of dubious BCS origin. You'd think some LSU or Auburn fan might find enough spare hate to mock Coach Sparkles pathetic situation.

The Sec doesn't take their football serious enough.

Last edited by a moderator:

Man, I wish I could have seen that. What happened to this version of Daaah? You were so composed at the Brickyard and Stanford games.

OT: These players who are accused should be innocent until proven guilty. In the media in this day and age we know that the opposite is true. That being said, those students were pretty messed up. Anyone who is accused and found guilty should be punished for what they did, football players or not. Not okay to let that happen or to go unpunished. Kids do some messed up things.

RE: CUs student beatdown 3 years ago. Geer settled out of court and I believe there were some discrepancies in the testimony. I believe that he was also defending himself as he was not the aggressor and just happened to inflict more damage than the guy who started. Different circumstances that shouldn't really be compared. Apples to Oranges, targeted attack vs self defense. (Disclaimer: my details could be a little off)

Last edited:
Man, I wish I could have seen that. What happened to this version of Daaah? You were so composed at the Brickyard and Stanford games.

First off, I got older. Secondly, I need a good instigator to get me going. Third, a BS assaulting an officer of the law or some such charge that I faced (it was complete BS and was dropped) knocked some sense into me. Fourth, I did walk onto the court in CU gear during the USF game last year so all is not lost.

CSU isn't newsworthy. Would you care if some players got into a fight at Utah State?

CSU isn't newsworthy. Would you care if some players got into a fight at Utah State?

Exactly. I'm also pretty surprised there wasn't more damage inflicted. Just a couple black-eyes and a few stitches? At least when our players fight, they cause more damage

It gets better and better. The players removed their license plate earlier in the day in an attempt not to get caught while they went out looking for a fight

It gets better and better. The players removed their license plate earlier in the day in an attempt not to get caught while they went out looking for a fight

Didn't I hear they were in a Lincoln Navigator? Yeah, nice low profile vehicle. Made me wonder what in the hell any of them were doing with a ride like that, until I remembered Orakpo has a brother with a first round NFL contract. I am assuming the vehicle was his...

I find it interesting that their great AD leader "Captain" Jack-off has been MIA during all of this, kind of like when he didn't attend the tournament game. He must be walking around campus looking for the perfect spot to plant the magic beans that I sold him that will grow into a brand new stadium.

Of course this is much smaller in scale, but this reminds me of when Barnett was left to twist in the wind against the media while Tharp hid in his bunker. I wonder if it will create any bad feelings in the AD.

Nope. Don't see it on edsbs either. Maybe CSU is getting a free pass from the fulmer cup.

Charges have to be filed for Fulmer cup points. They didn't get a pass for the coordinator DUI, they aren't getting a pass for this. I'll submit it myself if I have to.

I find it interesting that their great AD leader "Captain" Jack-off has been MIA during all of this, kind of like when he didn't attend the tournament game. He must be walking around campus looking for the perfect spot to plant the magic beans that I sold him that will grow into a brand new stadium.

Of course this is much smaller in scale, but this reminds me of when Barnett was left to twist in the wind against the media while Tharp hid in his bunker. I wonder if it will create any bad feelings in the AD.

I was thinking about this myself. Where the hell is Jack Graham in all this?

Hey, McElwain! You ain't in the SEC anymore!!

Don't you get the feeling he is, like, "****! If this were 'bama, this would not be a big deal! Those little ****s deserved to get their asses whupped! What the hell is it here in Colorado? Why do I have to act like I give a ****?"

Hey, McElwain! You ain't in the SEC anymore!!

Don't you get the feeling he is, like, "****! If this were 'bama, this would not be a big deal! Those little ****s deserved to get their asses whupped! What the hell is it here in Colorado? Why do I have to act like I give a ****?"
Felony assault will always be a big deal.

Felony assault will always be a big deal.

It's a bit different in SEC country. When those players for Tennessee got busted for armed robbery of a convenience store a couple years ago, the clerk felt awful about it because he was afraid that he had hurt the program (but had no choice except to talk to police).

It's a bit different in SEC country. When those players for Tennessee got busted for armed robbery of a convenience store a couple years ago, the clerk felt awful about it because he was afraid that he had hurt the program (but had no choice except to talk to police).
Did anything happen to the players who did it? I recall hearing about it but can't remember what came of it but I do have a tough time seeing a situation where felony assault is overlooked.

Did anything happen to the players who did it? I recall hearing about it but can't remember what came of it but I do have a tough time seeing a situation where felony assault is overlooked.

I was able to find that the charges against one of the guys (Janzen Jackson) were dropped. He ended up starting that year at Tennessee but later got kicked out of UT for failing drug tests. Nu'keese Richardson was dismissed from Tennessee and later pled guilty to "attempted armed robbery", which seems like a strange plea since he took the wallets and was successful at the robbery. He got probation and then played at a community college. I couldn't find what happened to Mike Edwards, the 3rd player, other than him being dismissed from UT.

I know what they meant, and I suspect it was harmless enough in intent, but "immoral minority" may or may not spark a backlash.

Back