What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Rank the CU opponents

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
From 1-12, by how much you care about beating them.

Mine:

1. Nebraska
2. USC
3. Oregon
4. Utah
5. TCU
6. UCLA
7. CSU
8. Arizona
9. ASU
10. Oregon State
11. Stanford
12. Washington State

Depends upon how I look at it. If I'm choosing based upon emotional value of the win or as a measure of improvement of CU's team. Emotional value, pretty close to Nik. As a measure I think:
1. ASU
2. CSU
3. STAN
4. NUB
5. WSU
6. UA
7. UCLA
8. OSU
9. TCU
10. USC
11. OU
12. UU
Maybe groups of four of relatively equal weight of can't lose to these, 50-50, paint and hang a brick

1) ****braska
2) USC
3) CSU
4) everyone else

CSU is really in the categorry of “we better not lose to them” vs “I really want to beat them”. There’s a difference
CSU was the toughest one for me for that reason, so I put them in the middle. Beating them means the least to me. Losing to them would be the 2nd worst potential loss.

CSU was the toughest one for me for that reason, so I put them in the middle. Beating them means the least to me. Losing to them would be the 2nd worst potential loss.
there's a nuanced distinction between "win that means the most" and "loss that would hurt the most" that's not always easy to distinguish in making a ranking like this

1. Fuskers

LARGE GAP

2. USC
3. Oregon
4. Sheep

Gap

5. Utah
6. Arizona St
7. Arizona
8. UCLA
9. Stanford
10. Wazzu
11. Oregon St.
12. TCU

Don't get me wrong, beating TCU would be great, but I really don't care about TCU at this point. If we lose, it's expected. As Nik and Hokie said, the painfulness of a loss and excitement of a win is a very difficult thing to distinguish.

All conference goes at top.
In a normal year, totally agreed.

In this crazy ass transition year with 71 new players, if we find a way to win the first two, watch the **** out.

If we lose the first two, same, but in a different way.

Amazon Prime Video GIF by NFL On Prime

1. Nebraska
2. USC
3. Oregon
4. Utah
5. ASU
6. Arizona
7.UCLA
8. Stanford
9. CSU
10. WSU
11. Oregon State
12. TCU

I don’t know, in a normal year I would obviously say Nebraska, CSU, USC but I desperately want THIS team to come out and make a statement against TCU.

1a. TCU
1b. Nebraska
2. CSU (only because we have to beat them otherwise that really ****ing sucks)
3. USC
4. Oregon
5. Utah

Everyone else

I don’t know, in a normal year I would obviously say Nebraska, CSU, USC but I desperately want THIS team to come out and make a statement against TCU.

1a. TCU
1b. Nebraska
3. USC
4. Oregon
5. Utah

Everyone else
EXACTLY what I was going to post. With the addition of UCLA at 4. I hate those ****ing ****ers.

TCU game was always going to be big after they made the title game last year & it being the 1st game of the Prime Era. But now with them being conference rivals starting next year, it feels like it matters more. Like it's the game that serves notice to the Big 12 that we are indeed comin'.

1a. TCU
1b. Nebraska
3. USC
4. Oregon
5. Utah

Everyone else
If you want to get fired up about the TCU game, read their ****ing comments about CU on their 247 board.

I want to beat all of these mother ****ers, but for me:

1. nubs (number 1 with a bullet)

2. USC
3. Oregon
4. Utah

5. TCU
6. CSU
7. ASU
8. UCLA
9. Arizona

10. Stanford
11. Wazzou