What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ranking Tracker

I really want to have a top 10 ranking going into Arizona with Arizona still undefeated at #1. Should do wonders for exposure for the program.

Fun to see many of the blue bloods struggling - shaking things up!

I'm really pissed off that Oregon is ranked behind both Duke and Kentucky. Duke freaking lost @ND and Oregon lost against you guys which is one of the toughest places to play on the road. I shouldn't care but it's really annoying.

Welcome to life in the P-12. No respect.

Not sure this is a Pac-12 thing or more just Utah having been so atrocious that it simply will take time. Utah has performed well and is presumably much improved although their sample size of games against even mediocre competition still still sits at about 4 games. UNC's loss to Wake is currently being viewed as bad when the reality is Wake is much improved, similar to Utah. UNC took a big fall well out of the top 25 from 19 last week

Difference is Oregon managed to win that game and UNC lost. It's bs that Oregon dropped that much. I don't care how good a team is, going into Boulder and leaving with a victory is no easy task.

Says the guy who's team is ranked #1.
We always do get respect. But when other teams don't get proper respect it hurts our image when we fall to them. I may be an Arizona fan but I also love me some west coast sports. I support the PAC-12 minus ASU.

Says the guy who's team is ranked #1.

I was thinking that, but Syracuse keeps stealing more votes from them. And it's going to be tough to hold on to #1 as long as voters act like the PAC-12 is not one of the Top 3 conferences this year (which it is).

Difference is Oregon managed to win that game and UNC lost. It's bs that Oregon dropped that much. I don't care how good a team is, going into Boulder and leaving with a victory is no easy task.

Not taking much issue with Oregon dropping 7 after a 2 point OT win over a mediocre team and a loss in which they gave up 100. Should it have been more like 5? Probably, but dropping that much generally seems more par far the course than special situations like Iowa's.

I was thinking that, but Syracuse keeps stealing more votes from them. And it's going to be tough to hold on to #1 as long as voters act like the PAC-12 is not one of the Top 3 conferences this year (which it is).

Exactly. If we happen to lose @UCLA we will probably drop to #10/ :bang:

1/6

AP Poll: Ranked #15 (Highest rank #9 by 4 voters)
Last Week: Ranked #20

UofA #1 (same)
Baylor #7 (up 2)
OSU #11 (Down 5)
Oregon #17 (Down 7)
Kansas #18 (Down 2)
UCLA NR (#29 79 Votes)
Harvard NR (#32 41 Votes)

Coaches Poll: #17
Last Week: #24

UofA #1 (same)
Baylor #9 (Up 2)
OSU #12 (Down 6)
Oregon Tied #13 (Down 4)
KU #20 (Down 3)
UCLA #25
Harvard NR (#40 2 Votes)

Also first time all season we are on every AP voter's ballot.

ESPN Power Rankings has us at #13 (Highest ranking 10 by Jeff Goodman)

SDSU: 15
CU: 16
OU: 17

Not sure how people think we get to 14 unless they drop Kentucky, who did not play, unless you think they drop OSU (who beat us) or Duke (usually a poll favorite) eight plus spots for losing on the road.

Duke, with 3 losses, is like 35th in RPI. Blue Devils have no business being ranked where they are.
We are in violent agreement, but I am glad to see the pollsters are starting to get it. Yet another reason for no polls until a few weeks of conference play in both sports.

1/13

AP Poll: Ranked #21
Last Week: Ranked #15

UofA #1 (same)
OSU #9 (up 2)
Baylor #12 (down 5)
Kansas #15 (up 3)
UCLA #25 (unranked)
Oregon NR #27 39 votes (#17)
Harvard NR #35 3 votes

Coaches Poll: N/A (not released)
Last Week: #17

UofA #1 (same)
OSU #8 (up 4)
Baylor #13 (down 4)
KU #18 (up 2)
UCLA #25 (NR)
Oregon #27 51 votes
Harvard #35 6 votes

Last edited:
Need to find a way to get 2 wins this week and stay ranked going in to Tucson next week.

1/20

AP Poll: Unranked (#30, 26 votes)
Last Week: #21

UofA #1 (same)
Kansas #8 (up 7)
Ok. State #11 (down 2)
Baylor #24 (down 12)
Cal NR (#29 44 votes)
UCLA NR (#31 23 votes)
Harvard NR (#32 12 votes)

Coaches Poll: Unranked (#28, 18 votes)
Last week: #22

UofA #1 (same)
Kansas #11 (up 7)
Ok. State #12 (down 3)
Baylor #23 (down 10)
Cal NR (#27, 23 votes)
Oregon NR (#32, 11 votes)
UCLA NR (#34, 7 votes) That Utah loss hurt apparently
Harvard NR (#39, 1 vote)

Last edited:
Interesting. I wish we could have switched the USC and UCLA games, probably a different result against UCLA.

We didn't drop too much from that loss though. Getting a win this week would be huge for our confidence in a three game home stretch. I don't care about the rankings anymore. We just need to finish 9-9 to get to the tourney IMO.

Interesting. I wish we could have switched the USC and UCLA games, probably a different result against UCLA.

We didn't drop too much from that loss though. Getting a win this week would be huge for our confidence in a three game home stretch. I don't care about the rankings anymore. We just need to finish 9-9 to get to the tourney IMO.
Not sure about that. We looked bad against USC for a long stretch. They just aren't a good team. What I will say is having beaten them, maybe it gives them confidence. But you know USC fans are probably saying, the "Buffs were hungrier" after losing to UCLA. It is what it is. Beating UCLA was going to be tough no matter when we played them.

Not sure about that. We looked bad against USC for a long stretch. They just aren't a good team. What I will say is having beaten them, maybe it gives them confidence. But you know USC fans are probably saying, the "Buffs were hungrier" after losing to UCLA. It is what it is. Beating UCLA was going to be tough no matter when we played them.

When did we look bad against USC? We went on an 18-0 run in the first half and the game was never in any doubt after that. We beat them by 21 while playing our second line most of the game.

Back