What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

RB already thinning out

There may be a very short leash on Sefo this year. MM can't afford any "almost" wins.
A lot of that depends on where Montez and/or Noyer are at. If either one shows the ability to step in, and they can execute the entire playbook* then yeah, I would expect a shorter leash on Sefo than we've seen in the past.

*IIRC MM has, on occasion mentioned that his backup QBs either didn't know or couldn't execute enough of the playbook that even an injured Sefo had more plays available than they would, and that's why he didn't make a change.

A lot of that depends on where Montez and/or Noyer are at. If either one shows the ability to step in, and they can execute the entire playbook* then yeah, I would expect a shorter leash on Sefo than we've seen in the past.

*IIRC MM has, on occasion mentioned that his backup QBs either didn't know or couldn't execute enough of the playbook that even an injured Sefo had more plays available than they would, and that's why he didn't make a change.
I can go with that up to a point. I'd rather have a qb that can actually make 50% of the plays in the playbook than a qb that knows all the plays but can't execute.

I can go with that up to a point. I'd rather have a qb that can actually make 50% of the plays in the playbook than a qb that knows all the plays but can't execute.
It's a balance for sure, and I think we're definitely on the same page.

It's just really hard to judge MM on this one, because we aren't there in practice. We can speculate how much of and how well the backups can execute the play book, but we don't (and can't) know.

I personally would probably accept a very limited playbook if it was executed in an inspired way by the QB. I have a feeling that MM would rather have most, or all, of the playbook available at a workman like level than a limited playbook with inspired play.

That's 100% conjecture on my part, but it's the impression I've gotten. It's also an attitude that is common in football coaches who have spent time in the NFL (e.g. that was always the knock on Kordell in the no fun league - he was amazing in some areas, but always had a limited playbook) - in the college game I think you should make a different decision though, and I'm not sure MM always recognizes that.

I question if that was ever stated by MM.

ESPN just published their Pac-12 RB unit rankings today.
11. Colorado: The Buffs return leading rusher Phillip Lindsay and Patrick Carr, another player who produced in 2015. The problem is that they averaged only 3.8 yards per carry as a team last season, and improvement on that mediocre mark must come without the graduated Christian Powell, who provided a powerful change of pace.
So glad to see the national writers are on top of things. :rolleyes:

Is it really that hard to look at Buffzone.com a few times a week or maybe pull up a CU roster if the Pac-12 beat is YOUR FREAKING JOB? smh

ESPN just published their Pac-12 RB unit rankings today.

So glad to see the national writers are on top of things. :rolleyes:

Is it really that hard to look at Buffzone.com a few times a week or maybe pull up a CU roster if the Pac-12 beat is YOUR FREAKING JOB? smh
So they include a player no longer with the team in this "analysis" and don't mention Donovan Lee or a 4* Frosh (or a RS Frosh that ESPN rated a 4*). Tough to take them serious in their college football analysis.

This thing really looks like the second half of a pre-season game with a bunch of guys who won't be on NFL rosters in three weeks.

stock-vector-illustration-featuring-a-smiley-covering-its-nose-107466863.jpg

Back