What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Realistically, what can we expect from the team in 2015?

Realistically I see 4-5 wins. Hawaii in the islands is a whole different game. They almost beat Washington and OSU down there last year. CSU isn't a pushover game anymore either. 4-0 or 3-1 out of conference should be expected though.

Unfortunately the football gods hate us and gave us about the worst in conference schedule you could ask for. Our most winnable home game is against the reigning Pac-12 North champs. Not exactly what you want. Typically in rebuilding one step is to win the games you're supposed to at home and the next step is win on the road.

My bet is we go 3-1 OOC, win one from WSU or OSU on the road, and upset somebody at home for 5 wins and a vastly improved team.

Realistically I see 4-5 wins. Hawaii in the islands is a whole different game. They almost beat Washington and OSU down there last year. CSU isn't a pushover game anymore either. 4-0 or 3-1 out of conference should be expected though.

Unfortunately the football gods hate us and gave us about the worst in conference schedule you could ask for. Our most winnable home game is against the reigning Pac-12 North champs. Not exactly what you want. Typically in rebuilding one step is to win the games you're supposed to at home and the next step is win on the road.

My bet is we go 3-1 OOC, win one from WSU or OSU on the road, and upset somebody at home for 5 wins and a vastly improved team.
Ummmmm....

You think Oregon is an easier home game than Arizona at home?

Stanford won't be as tough as they've been the the past too. They only return 4 starters from what was one of the best defenses in the nation. Granted, we're still going to lose.

Stanford won't be as tough as they've been the the past too. They only return 4 starters from what was one of the best defenses in the nation. Granted, we're still going to lose.
Until we beat them cause Shaw is terribly overrated

Im referring to Oregon not Stanford, but I agree. It will be a much closer game than two years ago. (Bold statement right there I know)

Oh my bad, I still think of CU being in a "North" division and figured he was referring to Arizona. No, I believe Arizona is the most probable home conference win. Oregon is kind of a wild card, IMO. All depends on how they transition away from Mariota.

Are you calling a W vs Stanford?
I think in order of likelihood of upset for our home slate - I'd list:
Arizona
Stanford
Oregon (they could move up if their QB play sucks and if we start 4-0)
USC (they have had our number every time we've played)

Will definitely take a step back on defense, but potentially really good on offense.

Hope so. Rumour has it he's already anointed as Frank Beamers' successor.

He took over a 4-8 team from 2011 and got them to 8-5 in 2012, 8-5 in 2013 (both seasons with 4-5 P12 records), and then obviously broke through last year with 10-4 (7-2), a South Championship and a Fiesta Bowl appearance. Wouldn't mind it if he left the Pac 12.

Looking back at that 2000 season is interesting. They lost the opener to CSU (who finished ranked#23) by 4, lost to #11 USC the next week by 3, lost to #9 Washington the following week by 3, and lost to #9 Nebraska by 2 in the last game of the year. They did lose to #5 KSU by 23 and #25 UT by 14 as well, but all their other games against some pretty good teams seemingly could have gone either way.

I grew up with a kid who's brother started playing at CU and ultimately transferred to CSU before the 2001 season. He told his brother (my buddy) that CU was going to be a really good team and surprise everybody in 2001. That memory of our conversation stands out to me to this day because I remember thinking how full of **** he was.

Love the enthusiasm. I always look to compare stuff like this myself. However, look at the couple years prior to 2000 - we were beating ranked teams and going to bowl games (crushing those bowl games btw). Winning wasn't a distant memory.

Oh my bad, I still think of CU being in a "North" division and figured he was referring to Arizona. No, I believe Arizona is the most probable home conference win. Oregon is kind of a wild card, IMO. All depends on how they transition away from Mariota.

Yeah, I screwed that up to. I meant South and Arizona. My bad.

Back