What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

RG needs to move quickly.

How would a Holgerson timeline look, though? Possibly playing in the Big 12 Championship game in 2 weeks, followed by a possible NY6 bowl. Assuming if he's a serious candidate (which just about every outlet seems to think he is), it would have wait until after Championship weekend, no?

Need an OU win over WVU coupled with a UT win over Kansas. If they're playing in some non-NY6 bowl (CBS has them in the Texas Bowl after their loss Saturday), he won't stick around to coach........and you see that less and less with any sitting head coach (Frosty and Jeremy Pruitt are the only guys I've seen do that since the advent of the early period)

Better question on Holgorsen is his buyout. $2.5 mil right now or $1 mil on 1/1. How's that work if he decides to come to CU? Wait until the new year to save $1.5 mil or negotiate a deal?

Better question on Holgorsen is his buyout. $2.5 mil right now or $1 mil on 1/1. How's that work if he decides to come to CU? Wait until the new year to save $1.5 mil or negotiate a deal?
Negotiate. WVU doesn't want to have to wait until January either.

Leach is an old school football coach who doesn’t mince words and says some truly goofy stuff. That kind of thing plays well in Pullman and Lubbock. It would rub a lot of people here the wrong way. He’s in a perfect situation where he is right now. He needs to stay there.

Leach is an old school football coach who doesn’t mince words and says some truly goofy stuff. That kind of thing plays well in Pullman and Lubbock. It would rub a lot of people here the wrong way. He’s in a perfect situation where he is right now. He needs to stay there.
I'm kind of where you are. It's not his politics. Benson and George are republicans and they do just fine in Boulder. The problem with Leach is his lack of political correctness, which is what got McCartney into trouble at times and really doomed Barnett.

Who would he rub the wrong way?

I'm kind of where you are. It's not his politics. Benson and George are republicans and they do just fine in Boulder. The problem with Leach is his lack of political correctness, which is what got McCartney into trouble at times and really doomed Barnett.
Dude has no filter. That’s great when he’s 1000 miles away. If he were here, the Denver media would crucify him. It would be a contest to see which of them could make Leach say the weirdest stuff. He’s be a side show instead of a football coach.

Dude has no filter. That’s great when he’s 1000 miles away. If he were here, the Denver media would crucify him. It would be a contest to see which of them could make Leach say the weirdest stuff. He’s be a side show instead of a football coach.
I would LOVE Leach here. I could care less what the Denver media thinks. They don't cover the Buffs now anyway. With the pirate, at least they'd show up to see what he'd have to say.

Yes, he says some entertaining stuff, but he's nothing but a football coach who's a helluva lot smarter that anyone thinks.

Jim Mora made the footballscoop list? I'd rather make Roper the fulltime guy over that idea. The hell with FUCLA's sloppy seconds.

Just some accurate info on Dana and WVU. His buyout is $7.1 million and his salary this year is $3.7 million. I believe CU paid their HC $2.1 million this year and had to come up with $10 million for the buyout. That would be about a $21 million hire assuming the buyouts and CU basically doubling what they paid the HC this year to get to Dana's range.

Matt Wells on the other hand has a current salary of $900K and a buyout of $900K. For a younger and more dynamic coach that turned a annual 3 win team to a regular bowl attendee and now 10 plus win season it seems a better direction.

I would LOVE Leach here. I could care less what the Denver media thinks. They don't cover the Buffs now anyway. With the pirate, at least they'd show up to see what he'd have to say.

Yes, he says some entertaining stuff, but he's nothing but a football coach who's a helluva lot smarter that anyone thinks.

Isn't Holgerson kind of like that too? I don't know if I've ever heard him go off on a diatribe on mascots......but he's definitely his own dude.

Just some accurate info on Dana and WVU. His buyout is $7.1 million and his salary this year is $3.7 million. I believe CU paid their HC $2.1 million this year and had to come up with $10 million for the buyout. That would be about a $21 million hire assuming the buyouts and CU basically doubling what they paid the HC this year to get to Dana's range.

Matt Wells on the other hand has a current salary of $900K and a buyout of $900K. For a younger and more dynamic coach that turned a annual 3 win team to a regular bowl attendee and now 10 plus win season it seems a better direction.
Hey Matt, welcome to the board!!

Source? This link has his buyout at $3m
https://projects.newsday.com/college-football-coaches-salaries-contracts/dana-holgorsen/

Your facts don’t appear factual on either the MM salary or the DH buyout

Isn't Holgerson kind of like that too? I don't know if I've ever heard him go off on a diatribe on mascots......but he's definitely his own dude.
holgerson drives a pickup truck with a kegerator on the back.....hardly a fit for boulder..... fine by me though

Back