What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

RG needs to move quickly.

The numbers regarding coach salaries, buyouts and more are public information as you likely know (accept private universities) and are in a few places easily found. Look at USA Today and coach salaries and it is pretty easy to see most all in one place. I was surprised not only by the salary paid by CU but also the low bonus scale of around $250K.

The numbers regarding coach salaries, buyouts and more are public information as you likely know (accept private universities) and are in a few places easily found. Look at USA Today and coach salaries and it is pretty easy to see most all in one place. I was surprised not only by the salary paid by CU but also the low bonus scale of around $250K.

That explains why your info is bad. You're going by frikin USA today instead of by the actual contracts.

The ole subtle troll.

I agree. Leach isn't particularly offensive or polarizing, he just says goofy things. I could see him fitting right in in Boulder.
Agreed. What controversial things has he said in recent years? I think he had a rant about raccoons a while back? Saying he wouldn’t fit in, would be a disaster, or would be eaten alive are baseless, but leave it to an older CU fan to make those kinds of claims.

Agreed. What controversial things has he said in recent years? I think he had a rant about raccoons a while back? Saying he wouldn’t fit in, would be a disaster, or would be eaten alive are baseless, but leave it to an older CU fan to make those kinds of claims.

He’s buddies with djt and stooped for him in washington state.

As mentioned, Benson and DiStefano are both Republicans, half the Regents are Republicans, and the most polarizing sports figure in Colorado (Elway) is an outspoken Republican/Trump supporter

That doesn’t diminish the controversy to the bulk of people affiliated with the university.

Non sequitor: I think many people, regardless of political affiliation, don’t have glowing distefano or benson feelings either.

If you could actually pull that off and get a photo, it would be legendary. Submit your Red Bull Sugarfree case expense report to @dio . :cool:

I'll be directly across from his office, at Ruby Memorial...

So tempting... hahahahaha.

Leach is way beyond needing to or wanting to come to CU. Having said that, I think he does have one more move in his resume and it will be interesting to see where that will be, maybe in 3 years or so.

Dude has no filter. That’s great when he’s 1000 miles away. If he were here, the Denver media would crucify him. It would be a contest to see which of them could make Leach say the weirdest stuff. He’s be a side show instead of a football coach.
I think he currently does a great job at both

Based on Football Scoop article, RG wanting to move quickly, financial considerations, and other tea leaves I am reading far too much into, I feel that IF Washington loses to Washington State on Friday, that RG could have Jimmy Lake hired by Sunday night! I think he can get him here on a $2.1 Million per year contract, and then have close to $4 Million for assistant coaches salaries in order to help and encourage Lake to move on a really good OC.

I agree about it potentially moving pretty fast, but Lake isn't jumping for $2.1 million a year.

Thinking Washington wins on Friday night though anyway.

Back