What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Rocky Mountain Showdown - News & Updates

Code blue, code blue, Kool-Aid overdose in post 1109, stat.
Don't think we beat WSU. They were good last year and I think will be good again this year. As far as USC and Utah, it sounds a lot more far fetched than it actually was.

Lost to USC by 3pts. Is Sefo worth 3pts? That night I think he was. He was rolling. He seemed to have finally gotten his shoulder right. The team was firing on all cylinders.

Lost to Utah by 7pts. Is Sefo worth 7pts? Tougher to answer but probably. Especially given we were that close even with Gehrke and Apsay playing pretty poorly (combined 19/38, 258yds, 2tds, 3ints)

Don't think we beat WSU. They were good last year and I think will be good again this year. As far as USC and Utah, it sounds a lot more far fetched than it actually was.

Lost to USC by 3pts. Is Sefo worth 3pts? That night I think he was. He was rolling. He seemed to have finally gotten his shoulder right. The team was firing on all cylinders.

Lost to Utah by 7pts. Is Sefo worth 7pts? Tougher to answer but probably. Especially given we were that close even with Gehrke and Apsay playing pretty poorly (combined 19/38, 258yds, 2tds, 3ints)

I think WSU is the most arguable of the three, but my basis for saying what I did is that Apsay had two bad interceptions and QBR of 30 in that game. We drove it deep into WSU territory something like six times, including once to the 2 yard line, but only came away with three points. It was the kid's first start.

WSU's D wasn't even that good. I think Sefo would have made a big difference in that game.

Code blue, code blue, Kool-Aid overdose in post 1109, stat.

Cool-aide is saying that we will beat UofM and Oregon, or USC in LA, or a healthy UCLA this year. Those are things we want to believe contrary to evidence and reason.

With a healthy Sefo CU was really not a bad team as the year progressed...and that's a pretty reasonable, defensible position. That is why I feel good about returning so many starters from a four win team, when usually that is a sign of another poor season. Now you could say depth is part of the picture, so you can't play the woulda-couldas. I think that is somewhat fair and a real fear for this year's team as well.

so much for the young secondary. 2 seniors at CB, 2 juniors at Safety. only one frosh backup. They have new starters, but either they were guys that they had in the system or are JUCOs. I honestly don't know.

That DL doesn't look all that deep tho.

so much for the young secondary. 2 seniors at CB, 2 juniors at Safety. only one frosh backup. They have new starters, but either they were guys that they had in the system or are JUCOs. I honestly don't know.

That DL doesn't look all that deep tho.

So, Vaden is a converted WR. Simmons was a CB last year. Sweet was a CB last year. Schlager was a S last year.

http://www.csurams.com/sports/m-footbl/archive/csu-m-footbl-mtt-2015.html

Their 2-deep was on the roster last year, except the FS is a true freshman, and their 2nd string SS is a converted LB.

They have a pretty good OL, rb's are decent. Haven't looked at the defense.
It will be interesting to see, Thurston was not very well liked at Nebraska and I thought he would be the backup center/guard for them this year with the depth and experience they have but apparently not. I honestly don't know if him starting is a good thing or bad thing for the buffs.

Does a healthy Sefo know how to defend a basic screen pass? If yes, then he is worth at least 7 points.

Anybody else listen to Bobo on the radio this morning? If not, I honestly don't think it's worth your time to go find it, but Bobo was very "excusing" of a potential poor performance out of CSU this Friday, IMO. A lot of mention of inexperience and youth, but "sees competitiveness in them". He said the team knows who the starting QB is but he wants to give Leavitt something else to prep for by not officially disclosing it. All in all, he didn't sound overly confident, IMO.

MacIntyre goes tomorrow morning on The Fan at 6:45 am

Anybody else listen to Bobo on the radio this morning? If not, I honestly don't think it's worth your time to go find it, but Bobo was very "excusing" of a potential poor performance out of CSU this Friday, IMO. A lot of mention of inexperience and youth, but "sees competitiveness in them". He said the team knows who the starting QB is but he wants to give Leavitt something else to prep for by not officially disclosing it. All in all, he didn't sound overly confident, IMO.

Leavitt and co are preparing for Stevens. They already know who the QB is going to be. Bobo is just running his mouth trying to play games for no reason.

Leavitt and co are preparing for Stevens. They already know who the QB is going to be. Bobo is just running his mouth trying to play games for no reason.

If he wants to start the guy who threw 4 picks in the only start of his 4 year college career, I'm sure Leavitt would be ok with that.

If he wants to start the guy who threw 4 picks in the only start of his 4 year college career, I'm sure Leavitt would be ok with that.

Basically it isn't going to be the true frosh unless Bobo is an idiot and it isn't going to be Bauta for the reasons you mentioned. CSU can't afford that kind of inexperience at QB in this game.

So Bobo can talk in circles all he wants, but our coaching staff is preparing for Stevens. He isn't fooling anyone.

If Stevens is ineffective, I could see them trying Bauta and his running ability. That won't work either, so then.... Expect the true frosh to start by the end and the rest of the year.

This isn't a ruse. Outside of a few LBs the D has real problems, at least for the first few games. Part of me thinks we should start preparing for Michigan, but then I remember UH last year...

They have a pretty good OL, rb's are decent. Haven't looked at the defense.

Their OL is much better than ours IMHO. Zerblis will be the best Olineman on the field. If our DL dominates these guys I am revising up win prediction to seven this year.

Their D is a jock-strap fire in the middle of an earthquake in the location of an africanized honey bee infestation in an era where Trump is a three term president. If we can't score at will on these guys I am revising down to three wins.

Last edited:
Their OL is much better than ours IMHO. Zerblis will be the best Olineman on the field. If our DL dominates these guys I am revising up win prediction to seven this year.

Their D is a jock-strap fire in the middle of an earthquake in the location of an africanized honey bee infestation in an era where Trump is a three term president. If we can't score at will on these guys I am revising down to three wins.
Quote of the day, sir.

Everybody is praising CSU's O-line, but we probably faced 5 or 6 teams with better O-lines than them last season. And we'll face at least 6 teams with better O-lines than them this season. If we can't generate a pass rush or hold them to 150 yards rushing or so, then we're in for a long year. In terms of our schedue, the CSU O-line is being overhyped a bit in this game. Probably because it's the only decent unit on their team.

Everybody is praising CSU's O-line, but we probably faced 5 or 6 teams with better O-lines than them last season. And we'll face at least 6 teams with better O-lines than them this season. If we can't generate a pass rush or hold them to 150 yards rushing or so, then we're in for a long year. In terms of our schedue, the CSU O-line is being overhyped a bit in this game. Probably because it's the only decent unit on their team.
Well, my personal list of All-Americans for the last decade includes one quarterback from Toledo and the entire offensive line the 2015 Hawaii team.

I think we have major advantages all over the field in this game.

However, if anything has shown us the last 10 years with this game, it is that you have to throw out every advantage and disadvantage each team has. Bobo is sandbagging the hell out of his team to the media. I expect a dog fight, like we always have. I want to think this will be a blowout, but it has not happened in a long time.

I should be more cautious so that I don't get pissed off when it all goes to **** as usual, but this year feels like it will actually be the year we beat the crap outta the Rams.

Now that I've said that, they will rush for 250 and control the ball.

Back