What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Roper is our interim HC

Yep I do...I do because he's from TX and if he doesn't succeed at CU>NFL it will have a bearing on TX recruiting. Always have to look at the big picture and look beyond your nose.

So it is more about hope rather than what you actually see on the field? Glad you cleared that all up.

BTW, a QB from El Paso has little bearing on overall Texas recruiting.

Pretty self explanatory really, a player can get overlooked like Phil but I happen to think the scouts are smarter than I/us and probably won't make the same mistake twice. We good? just want to make sure it's important to me.
I love CU, but I see posts like this and can’t help thinking, “I bet the Stanford and Cal boards don’t get this kind of stupidity.” Maybe I’m wrong.

No. We don’t. He’s the position coach for a very mediocre position group, that arguably regressed as the year went on.
That regression comes because the OL kept getting worse. Tom Brady looked ****ty the year the Broncos got to him like crazy. Roper has done a good jobbwith the position when you consider that OL.

QBR agrees. Montez middle of pack in P12.
First 5 games of the season Montez's numbers were better Herbert's and Herbert had the weakest OOC in the country. Once league play started it balanced out, Herbert didn't lose his top target, and his line actually showed, but wsu showed it for what it is. LOL Herbert behind our line...dude would be 3rd..4th round material at best because he's not near as mobil as Montez.

First 5 games of the season Montez's numbers were better Herbert's and Herbert had the weakest OOC in the country. Once league play started it balanced out, Herbert didn't lose his top target, and his line actually showed, but wsu showed it for what it is. LOL Herbert behind our line...dude would be 3rd..4th round material at best because he's not near as mobil as Montez.

Wow.

Funny...I see things one way and others see things differently...no argument here you're the master of the 3 letter post.

Herbert is asked to do a lot more at Oregon than Montez is here. They are both somewhat mobile, but not overly athletic.

You are about the only two who has watched both of them and come away thinking Montez is clearly the better player.

Herbert is asked to do a lot more at Oregon than Montez is here. They are both somewhat mobile, but not overly athletic.

You are about the only two who has watched both of them and come away thinking Montez is clearly the better player.
I believe they're pretty equal at this stage Herbert gets more pub because of who he plays for and that grates. I've watched Herbert 4-5 times this season, might've been the opposition and so on but he just didn't look more than average and definitely never looked like a Heisman candidate.

I believe they're pretty equal at this stage Hebert gets more pub because of who he plays for and that grates. I've watched Hebert 4-5 times this season, might've been the opposition and so on but he just didn't look more than average and definitely never looked like a Heisman candidate.

He gets more pub because he has shown more skills which translate to the next level.

Montez has a ways to go in terms of even understanding offense, let alone everything else.

I believe they're pretty equal at this stage Herbert gets more pub because of who he plays for and that grates. I've watched Herbert 4-5 times this season, might've been the opposition and so on but he just didn't look more than average and definitely never looked like a Heisman candidate.
You are wrong by any metric. You may be the only one of three people in the world that think this. The other two are Montez and his mom.

Herbert is going to be a top 10 (probably top 5) pick in the 2019 draft.
Sounds like he's not even coming out, and those close to him don't think he should.

I'll call it now, He's going to be a huge bust in the NFL.

Also, if Montez came out early, he would get an invite to the combine. NFL people aren't going to ignore a guy with his arm strength and measurable. NFL people love that ****.

Roper gone Ty Evans gone..... our O line is trash so that didnt help and chiv cant call plays

It is hard to build a staff in college football with a coach only coaching QBs... and Roper has been a disaster as an OC.

If we make the right hire at OC, I doubt Evan's bails.

Back