What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Sandusky update (more evidence against Joe P)

great. that is where these kids wanted to play. and now they get the punishment. makes total sense to me.

That's life. No different than what they risk after college when they accept a job and the company could go bankrupt, have a scandal or face criminal charges through no fault of the entry level employees.

awesome! so all of the people who are left and had nothing to do with the scandal can all now be punished. great.

i am very grateful that the kids that play for PS will get to bear the brunt of these penalties. because they were so guilty. thats great.
So you're saying there shouldn't be any penalties?

Why not let the players transfer and have their scholarships be paid for by Penn State and count against Penn State.

great. that is where these kids wanted to play. and now they get the punishment. makes total sense to me.
They will get their chance to play. The NCAA is a bunch of p#$$ies. They will lose a few scholarships, and maybe no bowl game - big deal.

That's life. No different than what they risk after college when they accept a job and the company could go bankrupt, have a scandal or face criminal charges through no fault of the entry level employees.

Correct. The NCAA should minimize the effect of what happens to current players, but any reasonable punishment necessarily has to punish innocent coaches/players. There is no other way.

Is there anyone on the PSU we would be interested in or would they view CU as a bigger rebuilding project than PSU? :/

awesome! so all of the people who are left and had nothing to do with the scandal can all now be punished. great.

i am very grateful that the kids that play for PS will get to bear the brunt of these penalties. because they were so guilty. thats great.

I understand what you are saying, but this needs to happen. PSU CANNOT be allowed to go about business as usual just because they fired a few folks. A message needs to be sent that creating a cover up for the good of the program will in fact produce the exact opposite. The harsher the better I say. Hoping for a five year bowl ban, and 50% scholarship reduction at least.

Correct. The NCAA should minimize the effect of what happens to current players, but any reasonable punishment necessarily has to punish innocent coaches/players. There is no other way.

why? because the new people still thnk its cool to rape kids and cover it up? (i know you are not trying to say that)

what exactly are they guilty of?

why? because the new people still thnk its cool to rape kids and cover it up? (i know you are not trying to say that)

what exactly are they guilty of?

Schools should just cheat, dump offenders, and then go about their business since the guilty are all gone? That is essentially the message you would be sending.

You are a pilot.

Lots of kids want to work for the airlines. Lots of kids saw mom and dad go to work at TWA or Braniff or Eastern. They might have wanted to go to work at those failed airlines, too.

But those airlines went bankrupt or went out of business.

If they wanted to pursue their dream of working in the airline industry, then they would just have to find another airline that wanted their labor.

Those Penn State athletes have over 120 options from which to choose. There are lots of D1 athletic departments who would welcome Penn State's players if the athletes were released from transfer restrictions.

So what do you propose they do for a punishment?

that is why we have a legal system, tini. the people who did this are gone. they need to be punished via the legal system. they are the guilty ones.

The kids or the administration?

both. those that are there now had nothing to do with it. unless i am mistaken and some of the people involved in the cover up are still there.

that is why we have a legal system, tini. the people who did this are gone. they need to be punished via the legal system. they are the guilty ones.

both. those that are there now had nothing to do with it. unless i am mistaken and some of the people involved in the cover up are still there.
Then that just sets up a vicious cycle where cheating has zero consequences. Schools could just cheat out of their assholes, fire the coach/AD, hire a new coach/AD, and face no ramifications with your view.

Funny reading the boards - PSU folks are most concerned that they're going to lose prized recruits. I can't believe they still have any prized recruits this year

Schools should just cheat, dump offenders, and then go about their business since the guilty are all gone? That is essentially the message you would be sending.

no. its not.

the message that i am sending is that those guilty of actions should be the ones who are punished. when the cheaters are purged from the school and then punished via the legal system, what exactly is it they gain? shame? being banned from participating again? yeah, thats a winner.

A five year bowl ban would be just as damaging long-term as the death penalty. I suggest all Penn State fans speak with their pocketbooks. Forget "finding a new team" etc. Find something else to do, don't watch any NCAA games of any kind period, don't purchase anything NCAA related, give them the death penalty. This alumni and fan base is big enough to do some serious damage by just shutting them off.

:lol:

Then that just sets up a vicious cycle where cheating has zero consequences. Schools could just cheat out of their assholes, fire the coach/AD, hire a new coach/AD, and face no ramifications with your view.

no. punish those who cheat. as has been stated before, if a coach is deemed gulity of recruiting violations, then whatever sancations imposed follow him to the new school. and if people who are/were responsible for the violations stay at said school, then they too can be punished. if all those involved are purged from the school, then who exactly are you punishing? people who did nothing wrong.

no. its not.

the message that i am sending is that those guilty of actions should be the ones who are punished. when the cheaters are purged from the school and then punished via the legal system, what exactly is it they gain? shame? being banned from participating again? yeah, thats a winner.
No that's exactly the message you are sending.

Random internet poster on PSU boards with what would be crazy punishment:

So, I have a fairly reliable friend (and save the comments) that has told me that they are looking at a 5 year bowl ban w/ complete loss of scholarsips over that period. No current players will lose scholarships just none available after this years incoming class. They will also be stripped of their Nike sponsorship.

Let's see...

Traditional career: can theoretically last 40, 50 years if wanted. If your company goes bankrupt or has a scandal, you immediately get to look for other jobs.

college athletes: a "career" that lasts at most 5 years. and if the NCAA doesn't modify the rules for these players, they lose out on a YEAR of that. so this whole "just like the real-world" analogy doesn't seem to fit quite-so-nicely if you ask me.

Let's see...

Traditional career: can theoretically last 40, 50 years if wanted. If your company goes bankrupt or has a scandal, you immediately get to look for other jobs.

college athletes: a "career" that lasts at most 5 years. and if the NCAA doesn't modify the rules for these players, they lose out on a YEAR of that. so this whole "just like the real-world" analogy doesn't seem to fit quite-so-nicely if you ask me.
The NCAA almost always allows players to transfer without penalty. In fact, I can't think of a single time when they didn't allow that.

So then what is going to prevent schools from cheating if they have no consequences for getting caught?

christ, tini. these people involved are without jobs, have been shamed, face many legal problems that pale in comparison to a school that they are no longer involved with getting a bowl ban.

that sound like an incentive for others to do the same to you?

use your ****ing brain for once.

christ, tini. these people involved are without jobs, have been shamed, face many legal problems that pale in comparison to a school that they are no longer involved with getting a bowl ban.

that sound like an incentive for others to do the same to you?

use your ****ing brain for once.
You are also missing a point here about why institutions should be punished. Because then they will put in measures to prevent it from happening. See?

Back