What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Schedule news?

It's a Dawg swap. Georgia's out. The replacement is Fresno.

OK, so here's what I'm hearing -- Georgia game is out. Georgia has paid a buy-out and CU has had to scramble to find a replacement. I've heard a D-IAA team is likely.

Take this with a grain of salt---this is just rumor at this point. I've heard this through the grapevine, but who knows.

Also, is anyone surprised that fans won't hear about this until AFTER season ticket renewals are due? IF (big if here) this is all true, it seems a little....misleading.

Last edited:
OK, so here's what I'm hearing -- Georgia game is out. Georgia has paid a buy-out and CU has had to scramble to find a replacement. I've heard a D-IAA team is likely.

Take this with a grain of salt---this is just rumor at this point. I've heard this through the grapevine, but who knows.

Also, is anyone surprised that fans won't hear about this until AFTER season ticket renewals are due? It seems a little....underhanded.

I know knothink!
tvGuide06may1967p16SchultzPictureLarge.jpg

It's April Fool's day and I'm still pissed about the last time CU swapped an SEC school for Fresno. And I'm still pissed about Fresno 2001. And I'm still pissed about the CSU series being extended. Add 'em all up, and Voila!

We have ways of making you talk...
christoph-waltz.jpg

That guy in Inglorious Bastards was sooooooo good. After my wife and I were walking out of the theater, I told her that he would win the Academy Award. So yes, I take full responsibility for his win.

Would not surprise me either way. There has been talk about this for a while. But Georgia fans on the national board are asking questions about Boulder/Denver regularly, so it seems they are still under the impression that the game is on.

My gut says the game stays. Otherwise, we are getting bent over by UGA, to back out of a game at this juncture pretty much assures us of having to schedule a 1-AA team.

If true, Hawk is dancing a jig. He just improved his chances of a bowl game by about 20 plays.

Would not surprise me either way. There has been talk about this for a while. But Georgia fans on the national board are asking questions about Boulder/Denver regularly, so it seems they are still under the impression that the game is on.

I sure hope the game is played. And if Georgia has backed out, I hope the buyout fee is enough to pay a bunch of bills for the athletic department.

Isn't it interesting how the timing of this buzz comes after the deadline to renew season tickets?

Perhaps it's time to brace for some news about parking.

This better be some sort of bad April Fools deal. The home schedule is god awful this year. Also, if we have to bring in a D1AA school I bet we wouldn't even make any money off the deal since we'd have to give them a payday. Plus its one of the few games that was like a guaranteed tv appearance.

Just went to the official University of Georgia website and it still shows us playing them.

But further review also shows an announcement that they had just picked up Idaho State on their schedule and slotted them for a bye week they had in November. By scheudling ISU - UGa now has a schedule that has them playing a full season without a bye week until the week before their gig with the wreck from Tech.

Right now, we're also sand-whiched between Tennessee and South Carolina (I think.) Don't see the UGa game sticking around much longer.:sad2::bang::sad1:

the buyout for UGA would be pretty stiff. This is the marquee game on our home schedule. I'll be pissed.

the buyout for UGA would be pretty stiff. This is the marquee game on our home schedule. I'll be pissed.

It better be. Haven't we already played 2 games in Georgia (or was this a 1-for-1)? I know that the price for "bodybag" games for D-IAA schools has gone way up. I'm concerned that the buyout will only be $500k-$750k and that we have to pay out $400-$500k for a I-AA team.

Or hopefully the info is wrong.

I don't get why GA would even want out of this game, its not like the Buffs are expected to be a tough opponent, either we scared them a lot worse than I thought with that near loss at their place, or this is motivated by Richt trying to pad the schedule since he might be on the hot seat. Kind of crap that we always end up on the losing end of these buyout deals.

I hope Bohn doesn't go soft like he did with the Miami of OH/Toledo Fiasco. Drag these ****ers over the coals if they want out.

So if this actually happened the home schedule would be Hawaii, D1AA, Baylor, Texas Tech, Iowa State, Kansas State? That is the sorriest home schedule I've ever seen.

I don't get why GA would even want out of this game, its not like the Buffs are expected to be a tough opponent, either we scared them a lot worse than I thought with that near loss at their place, or this is motivated by Richt trying to pad the schedule since he might be on the hot seat. Kind of crap that we always end up on the losing end of these buyout deals.

The SEC never travels West. This would break their unwritten law.

Isn't GA one of those $EC schools that hasn't played West of the Mississippi since roughly 1863? Part of the reason for that is that most SEC "schools" like to keep the SEC mystique going by playing nobody in non-con, or at least nobody that they've got to visit to play, and then beating up on each other.

I get why they'd want out: they can trade a home game for an away game, take their bye in the middle of SEC schedule, and don't have to risk playing an actual away game. If they want to go and tuck tail, they better damn well pay for it.

I hope Bohn doesn't go soft like he did with the Miami of OH/Toledo Fiasco. Drag these ****ers over the coals if they want out.

For all the good things he has done, Bohn is just a ****ty negotiator. I have no doubt CU will get ass-raped if UGA wants out.

So if this actually happened the home schedule would be Hawaii, D1AA, Baylor, Texas Tech, Iowa State, Kansas State? That is the sorriest home schedule I've ever seen.

That is the worst home schedule I've ever seen. In fact, I'd almost rather have CSU's home schedule
this year (Air Force, TCU, BYU, Idaho, New Mexico and UNLV).

Mike Bohn, you probably read this board (even though I'm sure you'd never admit it), so I want to tell you something:

THIS FOOTBALL PROGRAM HAS NO MOMENTUM RIGHT NOW. BAD NEWS SEEMS TO FOLLOW US. WE HAVE A BAD TEAM WITH AN UNPOPULAR COACH AND THE WORST HOME SCHEDULE IN CU HISTORY COMING UP. THERE'S ONE THING THAT YOU CAN BE WORKING ON TO SHIFT MOMENTUM -- ANNOUNCE CU TO THE 12 PAC IN THE NEXT 2 MONTHS. DO WHATEVER IT IS YOU NEED TO DO TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN.

Sorry for screaming. But this is just getting ridiculous.

Georgia really doesn't get any benefit from playing CU. They don't recruit Colorado, to my knowledge it's not a big alumni base, SEC teams hate to travel, they get no benefit from beating CU since we stink, but if they lose it's a killer for them, plus they can replace us with an additional home game.

Not surprised at all and actually wouldn't be surprised if this was their plan from day 1 when they signed the home and home deal.

Back