What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

***Search Committee Named***

I worked in Boswell's lab as an undergrad 10 yrs ago. He may have changed, but the only reason I can figure he's on the committee is that he one of the 3 non-football playing black people at CU (also probably why he's the "diversity coordinator"). From what I remember of him, I doubt he'll have much of an opinion and most likely will differ to those that do...

Diversity coordinator is good, he'll ensure EB gets more than a cursory look if Bohn is tunnel visioned onto someone else.

Like "Stink" said on the Fan earlier. This is a way to give the University 'ownership' of the football program. That's why you are seeing certain folks on that list along with certain donors. Good move IMO. But we all know that this decision is on DeStefano and Bohn.

JMHO.

I don't care how far Benson/Distefano/Bohn collectively had their heads burried in the sand, they knew since the Cal game he wasn't gonna save his job. It is more reasonable that they have known since December of last year. This committee isn't going to tell them anything they don't already know.

If they haven't already trimmed their list down to about 3 or 4 candidates that have all but agreed to an interview already I would be stunned.

My first thought was what, no football minds? But then, these are business/process people that care about the university - they'll define requirements and a process, do the background checks and interviews, and bring in whomever they need to clarify the football side. I just hope they are timely, as in two weeks or so. We really need to interrupt someone's holiday season with a new job.

Will MB be required to go with one of their recomendations? What if he doesn't like any? Do they start over or does he go maverick?

Will MB be required to go with one of their recomendations? What if he doesn't like any? Do they start over or does he go maverick?

MAVERICK!! Maverick, we gotta engage.

images

So if the next coach lays an egg, can we start firing professors who sat on hiring committees? F**k tenure, this is football!

given that athletics supporters dominate the search committee, bohn is silent, and the search has been ongoing for a while... and I believe state employees have to be vetted by the committee.... I see this as a smoke screen/rubber stamp committee.
Sure there's some politics involved by placing members of the faculty on the list. I hope the move actually works out for the Athletic Dept.

I know I know. Cpt obvious. :lol:

given that athletics supporters dominate the search committee, bohn is silent, and the search has been ongoing for a while... and I believe state employees have to be vetted by the committee.... I see this as a smoke screen/rubber stamp committee.

Not sure I completely agree since I think several of the guys writing the checks to can Hawk and pay for the new guy are on the committee. I can't see CEO level guys not wanting to provide some input.

So, you insiders with all the scoops and rumors, I'm I wrong to have the impression that there is some donor money being fronted to insure we can promise a very competive salary to the next guy?

If so, it just occurred to me that maybe we owe Hawk for one thing. It looks like he may have succeeded in rallying the troops. The troops that didn't seem to be anywhere to be seen after GB was fired.

Listening to Klatt on the drive home, he was extremely pissed (what a shock) that no "football" folks are on the committee.

I hate Klatt...

Anyway, Clough is a great choice to be on the committee. He is a die hard CU Football fan, and he is extremely intelligent. I had him as a professor for three years at CU. He may not have a football background, but he will do everything to ensure that the committee's nomination is a solid choice overall.

as a side note though, I THINK he was in favor of the Hawk hire, but can you blame him? Many people liked Hawk when he first came.

I hate Klatt...

Anyway, Clough is a great choice to be on the committee. He is a die hard CU Football fan, and he is extremely intelligent. I had him as a professor for three years at CU.
It took you three years to finally get through his class? Wow! Thats, like, 6 semesters!

Here's how I see this process going down:

1. Bohn and crew (Neinas?) spent the last 6 months contacting directly or through back-channels the people they have interest in to see who has mutual interest and what their availability/contract situation may be.

2. Bohn has a long discussion with the committee to outline what he thinks are important questions and qualifications, who he thinks would be a god fit and has expressed some form of mutual interest, and tells them what he thinks it would cost to make a deal.

3. The committee does it's own due diligence and interviews the candidaates identified by Bohn and maybe 1 or 2 others to cover their bases.

4. After interviews are completed, Bohn offers who he would be willing to hire, the committee nominates that coach and Bohn makes the best deal he can with their top guy.

I have no idea if this is accurate, but that's how I imagine this going down.

I can't tell if this is a good thing or a jab at them.

Back