What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Selection

Who was the douche on CBS who expressed surprise at our 10 seeding?

asshole!

I'm not at all thrilled about a potential 2nd-round matchup against Miami. I think much much higher of them than you do, CVille

Carolina, our other options were something like playing Louisville in Lexington as a 9 seed, how can you not like Miami in Austin?

The bottom line is Illinois not on enemy territory is about the best we could have hoped for. Fantastic situation.

I'm not at all thrilled about a potential 2nd-round matchup against Miami. I think much much higher of them than you do, CVille

Not worried about that right now. We got a 10, above Cal and Oregon and need to take care of game one and beat IL. Congrats Buffs and Tad! Well done

Illinois and Miami in Austin? How can you not be wild about that compared to something like playing Louisville in Lexington as a 9?

I agree. Aside from Larkin, all the starters are Seniors, and they're big and strong up front. Very tough matchup for the Buffs.

Carolina, our other options were something like playing Louisville in Lexington as a 9 seed, how can you not like Miami in Austin?

The bottom line is Illinois not on enemy territory is about the best we could have hoped for. Fantastic situation.

I completely agree that I didn't want any part of Louisville! I would've liked to have gotten a potential 2nd-round game against OSU or Gonzaga

Well, I dont think this could have gone better. Miami is beatable, but we have to take care of the illini first. was hoping for a salt lake draw, but i'll take it.

I agree. Aside from Larkin, all the starters are Seniors, and they're big and strong up front. Very tough matchup for the Buffs.

Again what did we expect? We were looking at being a 9 or 10. How is playing a team that recently lost to Georgia Tech at home and Wake Forest, far away from their home turf not good? Miami has no fans, nor no experience going deep in the Dance. We could have been a 9 playing Louisville in Lexington, or Indiana in Dayton. What exactly is it that you expected? This is the best we could have hoped for.

Last edited:
Tad moved us up in NCAA seeding and conference finish from last year with this young team. Simply awesome to be a Buff basketball fan these days.

Considering we were going to be a 10 seed, this is a great draw. Illinois has been dying down the stretch and Miami is the weakest 2 seed.

Who was the douche on CBS who expressed surprise at our 10 seeding?

asshole!

I think it was Gottlieb. But I thought he was expressing surprise we were that low, because I think it was the same person that followed up by saying what a tough draw Illinois got and some nice things about Mayor. Either way, Gottlieb is an asshole, though...

The match up with Illinois could not have been better for us. Really excited for that one. Heres to hoping Miami has to battle in their opener and we get them a little tired. Austin is a great place for our fan base, and the chicago fan base should be fired up too. All around great seed for us. Glad the pac-12 got 5 in, surprised at the low seeding for Cal and Oregon, but their non con was a bit weaker than ours anyway. Great day to be a buff. Get ready for Austin!

Again what did we expect? We were looking at being a 9 or 10. How is playing a team that recently lost to Georgia Tech at home and Wake Forest far away from their home turf not good? Miami has no fans, nor no experience going deep in the Dance. We could have been a 9 playing Louisville in Lexington, or Indiana in Dayton. What exactly is it that you expected? This is the best we could have hoped for.

Personally ... I'm ecstatic! :thumbsup:

But it's going to be a long week until Friday. :huh:

I think it was Gottlieb. But I thought he was expressing surprise we were that low, because I think it was the same person that followed up by saying what a tough draw Illinois got and some nice things about Mayor. Either way, Gottlieb is an asshole, though...

Maybe that was the case. I just figured it was someone who knows nothing about west coast b-ball that felt it was odd that we were seeded two slots lower than UO after getting knocked out in the quarter-finals of the conf tourney. Maybe I'm just being paranoid. :huh:

Personally ... I'm ecstatic! :thumbsup:

But it's going to be a long week until Friday. :huh:

I love playing Friday, great to take in some games first IMO.

Btw, Bobinski makes no sense "We adjusted Cal, dropping them down a line so things would work...we now having them playing a team they've played already this season".

Again what did we expect? We were looking at being a 9 or 10. How is playing a team that recently lost to Georgia Tech at home and Wake Forest, far away from their home turf not good? Miami has no fans, nor no experience going deep in the Dance. We could have been a 9 playing Louisville in Lexington, or Indiana in Dayton. What exactly is it that you expected? This is the best we could have hoped for.

Did I sound like I was complaining about the seed? I didn't think so. I was simply recognizing the challenges that Miami presents. Their strength up front presents problems for us.

Not excited about getting Miami but I think they are beatable. CSU getting an 8 and us a 10 is a joke but it actually leaves us in better shape. I think Mizzou is going to run CSU while CU has a better than even chance to beat Illinois.

That said the two conferences that are likely to lose the most teams early are the MWC and B1G. B1G is going to win a bunch of first round games and even get multiples into the sweet 16 but getting any other team that Indiana into the final four would surprise me and Indiana isn't a lock. The MWC on the other hand may lose everyone but New Mexico in the first round and that includes Cal dropping UNLV like CU did last year.

Back