What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Should we be worried about tom Herman?

not only that but he brought his entire staff with him from the lower conference (where have we seen that before) and he lost to three unranked teams. Not sure this is going to work out as well as Texas wants.

not only that but he brought his entire staff with him from the lower conference (where have we seen that before) and he lost to three unranked teams. Not sure this is going to work out as well as Texas wants.

I hate to be negative, but I think he's going to be a tremendous disappointment and the boosters, fans ,ect...are going to be really harsh and terrible to him. That's not a fun place to be average.

Attachments

• longhorns_fans.jpg
    longhorns_fans.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 13
It does not matter who the coach at Texas is other than the fact that the change will mean a re-stacking of their board, evaluations, and priorities. UT, like USC, gives zero ****s about whether someone in their home recruiting ground (or anywhere, for that matter) is committed somewhere else. They'll go after that kid as if he's uncommitted if they decide they want him and, as often as not, will get him. It is what it is. Got to hold them off on whichever Buffs they decide to make a play for.

This is the first I've ever seen people try to convince themselves that Herman isn't going to recruit well at UT or is "in over his head".
You need to pay more attention to the coaching carousel thread, every time he lost people jumped on him just because he was the hot coaching commodity.

Ok let's be real here. I'm sure Polley greatly appreciates that we voted him into a post-season all star game.... but he isn't going to make a decision on the rest of his life due to that

This is the first I've ever seen people try to convince themselves that Herman isn't going to recruit well at UT or is "in over his head".
He's going to recruit. It would be very hard not to recruit at Texas, and he was recruiting at a high level at UH. I'm just not yet convinced that he is the head coach that everyone is making him out to be, and that he is worth what he asked for. He took his much more talented team and lost to SMU and Memphis this year (and Navy, but that happens), and finished 3rd in AAC West 5th overall in the AAC. He has wins against OU early before they found their way (which probably carries triple weight for UT boosters) and a falling apart Lousiville.
Lets not crown him yet.

He's going to recruit. It would be very hard not to recruit at Texas, and he was recruiting at a high level at UH. I'm just not yet convinced that he is the head coach that everyone is making him out to be, and that he is worth what he asked for. He took his much more talented team and lost to SMU and Memphis this year (and Navy, but that happens), and finished 3rd in AAC West 5th overall in the AAC. He has wins against OU early before they found their way (which probably carries triple weight for UT boosters) and a falling apart Lousiville.
Lets not crown him yet.
He also beat Oklahoma and Louisville (I would argue Houston broke them, they were still fighting for a playoff spot before they got whooped). It's very hard to be negative about him because everyone that knows him has nothing but positive things to say about him and he has proved it as a head coach.

I think he'll do well there. That said, I sure as hell wouldn't mind if we could send some feelers out to the DT he had at Houston. Dude is a beast.

Kids usually like to play closer to home. However, I think the CU staff has built solid relationships with the current recruits and almost of all these recruits were on board before this season began. They have taken this journey with us and have to be excited. I would be surprised if we lost more than 1 of the Texas players by signing day.

That could all change if, let's say, HCMM were to leave. Even if JL was promoted to coach, that scenario might make some players jump.

Herman was recruiting well at Houston, he will do even better at Texas.

Back