What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ski wants to be Primary Point Guard this year - Tad says, maybe

Everybody's focusing on being the point guard.

Makes sense.

No one's going to take a starting spot from Scott, Gordon, XJ or Ski. Spencer's spot is the one that's up for grabs.

The wildcard on this is that Ski knows that a professional future at his size is dependent on whether he can run the point.

Tad's got to think, at least in part, that if Ski could take over primary ball handling it would be a nice situation to have a senior in that spot instead of relying on a younger guy. The other side of that is that you don't want to lose "Ski being Ski" as a no-conscious gunner because there are times you need that. But you can't have your PG having that mindset. How much of what makes Ski special do you lose if he becomes the PG we need?

I think a lot depends on Dom. XT and Jaron are probably fine being the primary ballhandler for 10 minutes a game, mostly against backups, but I'm not sure we want either of them being that guy full-time in conference play. If Dom can be as special as most of us think he can, and can be comfortable enough in that role by conference play to give us 20 minutes per game, then "Ski can be Ski" most of the time.

I think a lot depends on Dom. XT and Jaron are probably fine being the primary ballhandler for 10 minutes a game, mostly against backups, but I'm not sure we want either of them being that guy full-time in conference play. If Dom can be as special as most of us think he can, and can be comfortable enough in that role by conference play to give us 20 minutes per game, then "Ski can be Ski" most of the time.

Don't count out XT quite yet! If he improves much this summer as he did last summer, he can be the man.

Don't count out XT quite yet! If he improves much this summer as he did last summer, he can be the man.

I haven't given up on XT by a longshot. I like him. I wouldn't be disappointed or surprised to see him getting 20 minutes per game next year. I would just like to see most of those minutes with someone creating shots for him, not the other way around. I'm comfortable with him coming off screens or sitting at the 3 point line when defenses sag on Josh and knocking down a jumper. I just don't think he has quite the athletic ability to be the guy penetrating and creating shots for other guys.

Ski can be that guy. I'm hoping Dom will be that guy. Jaron could be that guy with a lot of work. I just don't like XT in that role so much.

The guy who I'm looking at is J-Hop. One of the hardest workers on the team. If someone else wins the PG job, it's going to be because he took it from him. It won't happen easily. Regardless, J-Hop will be our best defender in the back court, a dynamic player in transition, a gamer and much improved. He'll play a ton.

The guy who I'm looking at is J-Hop. One of the hardest workers on the team. If someone else wins the PG job, it's going to be because he took it from him. It won't happen easily. Regardless, J-Hop will be our best defender in the back court, a dynamic player in transition, a gamer and much improved. He'll play a ton.
It's amazing to me he shot 30% from 3 despite his shot changing so dramatically throughout the season. For [MENTION=127]Goose[/MENTION], #gameshooter. If he gets that figured out to go with his handle... :wow:

Back