What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

So... when the O-Line is Healthy

It's not the first time really. I remember that crap you posted on the Womens basketball thread. Class.

Well let's all bow down to you since your the greatest poster here at allbuffs..............:lol::smile2::lol:

That was sarcasm, seriously.

What makes anyone rationally think CU will be better in 2009? What has the offense shown you that it will EVER be good with this scheme and this quarterbacking?

The only bright spot on this team is that it is literally impossible for the QB play to be any worse than it is right now. Seriously. 22 passes for 90 yards against not an elite defense? Lol?? That it is an uncommon level of incompetence. ... Might as well throw Boulder High's QB out there on the field, he would probably do a better job. This team has the worst passing game I have ever seen on any level in football and that starts and ends with the QB. CH wouldn't be effective with the Minnesota Vikings offensive line. This is plainly apparent by watching the games and there are no excuses for being this bad. The OL is a problem but the QB is a bigger problem.

Did you watch the 2006 season?

Yes. Is that the standard by which QB play should be judged? Bjax wasn't even a quarterback.

Yes. Is that the standard by which QB play should be judged? Bjax wasn't even a quarterback.

As valdez notes, he was a quarterback. And, no, Bjax is not the standard by which qbs should be judged. I was just pointing out that overall cody has been much better than his predecessor.

Jackson completed approximately 45% of his passes as a junior. He passed for 11 touchdowns and

Excuse my poor memory, I thought for some reason he was a WR. Regardless, as this little snippet highlights, he wasn't even good in HS. I think that the buffs would do well to avoid setting the bar that low.

Excuse my poor memory, I thought for some reason he was a WR. Regardless, as this little snippet highlights, he wasn't even good in HS. I think that the buffs would do well to avoid setting the bar that low.

He was the #10 Dual Threat QB in the nation per Rivals, and the 7th best QB in California. He got offers from Nebraska, K-State and CU. He was first team all-league and honorable mention all-county. His team named him their offensive player of the year.

Not to bad for a QB that wasn't that good in HS.

We'll have a running game again.

We'll talk then.

We will? Really?

Did we have some kind of stellar rushing performance against CSU? Sure, they gained 150 yards rushing, but I was never impressed by the rushing attack. CU's leading rusher had 50 yards rushing. That's not impressive. I spent most of the game wishing CU had CSU's rushing attack. Frankly, I didn't think CSU rushed Johnson enough.

Did we have some kind of stellar rushing performance against Eastern Washington? If you consider rushing for 90 yards stellar, then yes, I supposed we did. Again our leading rusher had 50 yards. Weak.

Finally against WVU we had some decent rushing numbers - largely due to the fact that we fed the ball to a RB 28 times. The backup running back got 10 carries. That's as many carries as the starter got against CSU.

This offensive scheme SUCKS for the running game. They could probably put up some decent rushing numbers if they wanted to. They don't. End of story.

Maybe the wouldn't be making cuts 2 yards into the backfield if they weren't taking snaps 7 yards behind the line of scrimmage out of the shotgun with no lead blockers...

This thread has gone in the tank. BTW, WVU ran a 3-3 front that was idiotic. We ran on them, because we had numbers on them and we had Miller and MTM blocking, both are ferocious run blockers. WVU had 5 DB's in the game. What film had they been watching? FSU, UT and KU all loaded the line of scrimmage and stuffed the run and collapsed the pocket. Our WR threats are not. I rewatched UT film and Head and Solder spent more time on their butts than on their feet. The freshmen, Bahr and Behrens made mistakes, but didnt' get killed out there. We can't run left at all as Solder can't move anyone.

When the D loads up on you, you beat it with 3-step drops hitting the seams quickly and also running some screens and draws. Your WR's should be able to have a field day against man-coverage. The only play that worked at FSU was COdy's broken play QB draw. QB too short? Not elusive enough? WR's not quick enough to get open on one-on-one coverage?

Stick with Cody, but start to get some other snaps to Ballenger or even Hansen if he is any good. Cody fails the tools test. His IQ is high, based on a wealth of experience that started in the 2nd grade. 1.5 years of starting D1 experience can't make up for the lack of tools. Then in the spring, we find out who the QB of the future is. 2010 is our coming out party if we can find some speed at the WR position. We look set at RB and OL - yes OL. By 2010, our OL will have 2 years of experience and still only be mostly Juniors. Miller (Jr), Bahr (Jr), Givens (So), Behrens (Jr), MTM (So). Notice Solder is a backup by then or he gets a lot better (and bigger). All possible with time. At WR we will have Simas (Jr), Smith (Sr), McKnight (Sr) and (hopefully) two big-time playmakers on the edge. We will either have a SR Cody or (hopefully) experienced starting QB at that time.

Cody gave us the best chance to win in 2007 and 2008. If 2008 tanks further, we are looking at 2009 and it's pretty obvious that Cody has limited height, speed, quickness, agility and arm-strength. Ballenger takes one read and then tucks it. Guess what - so do most freshman who have played very little. Ballenger didn't exactly play at Southlake Carroll HS up there in Idaho. He got to this point on pure athleticism. He will take time to develop and he may not. There's a bunch of intangibles. I saw Hansen play in HS and he may have been a 2* recruit, but he seemed to have all the intangibles much like Reesing. Too slow, too short, blah blah blah. He practices every Sunday night. How come Kyle Ringo doesn't tell us what's happening there?

Back