1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sorry to get nostalgic

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Corn_Fan, May 12, 2010.

1. Corn_Fan

Corn_Fan Member

Had a couple of beers and I know we are supposed to hate each other, but if one or both of us leave the conference I will definitely miss playing CU every year.

For the past 25 years almost every game has been close. Doesn't matter which team is supposed to win it has been a battle. I know you had some heartbreakers at the end of the 90's vs us, but you were playing some really good NU teams.

Anyway just being honest that I will miss playing CU every year. Just won't feel right to not battle it out. Kind of like when we stopped playing OU every year only the CU series would come to a complete end if we are in different conferences.

I honestly hope you guys get your program on track once you fire the Hawk and move on and prosper.

bombay, Ruckus and 92Buff like this.
  2. sweaty teets

sweaty teets Club Member Club Member

nice post. i'll miss it as well.

3. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

I really hope the AD can find a way to continue the rivalry if we do move to the P10. I really enjoy the games every year.

4. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

If we keep sucking we might just qualify for nebraska's OOC schedule.

unionbuff and (deleted member) like this.
  5. Sexton Hardcastle

6. unionbuff

unionbuff Club Member Club Member

:lol:

:huh:

:cry:

7. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

I miss 62-36.
    The 2009 game in Folsom was horrible. I won't miss seeing a sea of red in virtually every section of Folsom.

8. Sexton Hardcastle

Probably wont happen, but I'd love to see the fuskers come with us to the PX. I know most of you probably hate the idea, but hating the fuskers is a huge part of who we are as CU fans. Losing that rivalry would hurt us imo.

If we're tired of seeing fusker fans in Folsom, then we should do something about it. I know it probably wont happen though. CU fans are pretty fickle.

Last edited: May 12, 2010
  9. Clean Undies

Plan A: Pissbombs.

Plan B: Repeat plan A.

10. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Club Member Club Member

Plan C: Batteries in snowballs

11. Sexton Hardcastle

12. Clean Undies

fify

13. Buffsfan09

Buffsfan09 Member

No chance NU keeps playing us if they leave the conference...they would try to re stoke the OU rivalry with out of conference scheduling. And then we're stuck with CSU as our only rival....blah...

14. OKCBuff

OKCBuff Well-Known Member

Yeah, that sucks. And while I think Utah would become a nice replacement in time, I think there would be a "lost decade" of sorts between NU being the big rival and Utah becoming that big rival. It'll never be CSU -- sorry lambies!

Count me in as one who will hate losing the NU rivalry. We all love to make fun of them and their state, but the fact is, the end of the Big Eight, the start of the Big 12 and many years of the North Division have gone through the CU-NU rivalry. This rivalry is what kept the start of this conference afloat when OU, UT and A&M all sucked and the North had all the top teams.

I'd breach CSU's contract immediately if we could play NU annually in football and basketball. But, if NU is in the Big 10 and CU is in the Big 12 or Pac-12, I don't see them wanting to keep it going. I think CU power people would try hard, but they wouldn't be able to make that horse drink.

Sad stuff. Thanksgiving weekend with my CU alum grandma was always the best, partly because of this game.

15. Ruckus

Ruckus Peep my words. Club Member

I came in here to make fun, but I guess I'll rep the bastard.

16. BuffLuKe

BuffLuKe Club Member Club Member

Definitely miss it. Its one of those games where the hairs on the back of your neck stand up. Hopefully we keep this going, nothing makes CU play harder than having that red across from them.

17. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

How long are we tied to CSU? When is the expansion set to occur? If it happens, can we dump CSU and add NU?

18. dply

dply Doble hoja Club Member

Utah was our rival before the nubs. And I have continued my dislike of Utah because of the Jazz (dumbest name for a sports team in Utah) and BYU.

I can say I won't miss playing the corn but I'm sure once it happens I'll miss it.

19. dply

dply Doble hoja Club Member

10 years for CSU and I don't think that we will drop them since we kowtowed to them in the first place.

20. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

and what happens if the turds join us in the PAC:10?

21. The Guest

The Guest Guest

I've always said that the day after Thanksgiving was my favorite holiday. I got more fired up for that gave than anything. Seriously...mosh pits, heavy metal, nothing gets me fired up like that game. Out of my ****ing head, over the top FIRED THE **** UP!!!

So I guess I'll miss it. But you know what? That game was cursed. While the huskers note that it was typically close (and many times came down to the last play), I'd also add that the last play never favored The Buffs. How many times was my heart broken? 1999, OUCH! 2000 Double OUCH! It seems as though every time we dropped a marble on the proverbial barn roof, it rolled the same way.

So I'll shed a tear, but man, it might be good-riddance to a cursed series. Cursed I tell you.

22. BuffLuKe

BuffLuKe Club Member Club Member

I hate just about everything Utah so wouldnt mind playing them, just want to play Nebraska too.

23. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

as per Utah: a couple wicked cheap shots in the first game....instant rivalry!

kidding.

24. Ruckus

Ruckus Peep my words. Club Member

That ain't zen, bro!

25. Liver

Liver modded mod Club Member Junta Member

i'd love to see us keep the fusker game even if we move to the p10. it could still be played on the day after thanksgiving and it could be one of the great interconference rivalry games... like usc playing nd every year...

that would be pretty much ideal. ... not in the same conference but i get to keep my hate burning bright.

26. NashBuff

NashBuff CSU Knob-Slobberer

We have had a good series with NU the last 25 years...just imagine that if both teams go opposite directions, just imagine CU trying to knock off NU in the 2012 game in Lincoln or 2013 game in Boulder...that could be anticlimatic!

With NU becoming good again, it'll be easier to hate them again.

27. Corn_Fan

Corn_Fan Member

I know it is not much consolation, but we have the same sh!t happen to us against Texas (and Texas Tech to a lesser extent)

Texas has an 8-1 advantage over us since the B12 was formed. They only blew us out once, the rest were all close losses.

The last 6 losses (except for the 2003 blowout) have come by 4,4,3, 2, 3 and 1 point. I know you couldn't probably give a rat's ass what, but we can feel your pain.

28. Corn_Fan

Corn_Fan Member

I would be all for keeping the series. It still make geographic sense (not too long of a drive between schools) Plus I live in Denver so added bonus :)

29. Clean Undies

When it comes to feeling pain at the hands of UT, get in line.
    Go to an OSU board with that sob story.

CU edged UT in the 2001 CCG, but that has come back to bite the Buffs in the ass ever since.

30. BuffSurveyor

BuffSurveyor Club Member Club Member

Hey Buff fans, there's to much Nebraska love going on with this thread. What's wrong with you all?

BTW, I really won't miss the annual Colorado/Nebraska game all that much "if or when" the Universities do in fact split ways and join separate conferences.

I did enjoy my trip to the Colorado - Nebraska game in Boulder last season. You do have a great place to watch a football game.