What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Spencer Dinwiddie Injury

NBA rosters are limited granted they could draft him and keep in the d-league, but what is the possibility of him regaining any draft stock?

Edit: I guess its still premature to speak of any injury/ future prospects. Lets all hope for the best!
It's a valid discussion. This stuff changes by the moment. It doesn't help him but as we saw with Dre, all it takes is ONE team. Many thought Dre wouldn't get drafted let alone first round.

The season isn't literally over, but any chance of a Sweet 16 run is gone. So sick for Spencer.
Getting to the S16 isn't much of a thought right now, just focus on beating UCLA/USC. We can worry about the big picture stuff later.

Spencer Injury

So it's officially a season ending injury? Source?

Not until tomorrow. They have to do the MRI. Nothing official until then. But when you hear what we are hearing, you can pretty much brace yourself for the worst. I feel so bad for this kid. I hope he can rehab like a madman and get back to where he was.

Thoughts and prayers.

Many pages in this book that are yet to be turned. CU is not a one player team. It is a team built on defense, that is a team thing. It will be tough going on without our big toe, but Tad recruited well... we'll find another big toe.
I largely agree, sure it hurts, but I don't see this as lethal blow like some do. Let's see how this team plays against UCLA/USC this week. I think we should go 4-1 or possibly 3-2 in the next 5 even without Spencer. If we go 2-3 I'll get concerned.

I largely agree, sure it hurts, but I don't see this as lethal blow like some do. Let's see how this team plays against UCLA/USC this week. I think we should go 4-1 or possibly 3-2 in the next 5 even without Spencer. If we go 2-3 I'll get concerned.

I guess it depends on what you consider a "lethal blow". We'll probably see the defense improve and the team will be competitive in conference play. Barring a complete collapse, we're likely still looking at a tournament team. But the thoughts of a Sweet 16 or Elite 8 run are probably just a pipe dream now.

I guess it depends on what you consider a "lethal blow". We'll probably see the defense improve and the team will be competitive in conference play. Barring a complete collapse, we're likely still looking at a tournament team. But the thoughts of a Sweet 16 or Elite 8 run are probably just a pipe dream now.

Not trolling (you know I love you mattrob) - why do you think the defense will improve, genuinely interested....

Not until tomorrow. They have to do the MRI. Nothing official until then. But when you hear what we are hearing, you can pretty much brace yourself for the worst. I feel so bad for this kid. I hope he can rehab like a madman and get back to where he was.

Thoughts and prayers

Well said.

You have everything in the world going for you and your dreams are within grabbing-distance and then, bam. It totally sucks for The Mayor. My thoughts are with the guy.

I think he'll come back stronger.

Gotta believe some positives will come of this. Don't know what or how. Gotta stay positive.

Well I never I never expected them to win the national championship with or without Spencer, so I guess you could say losing him wasn't really a lethal blow in the first place.

Um... you don't know much about world cup skiing do ya? people die in downhill, no now has ever died playing a game of hoops. slope's are injected with water to make them ice hard and they are going 90+ mph. hoops? quite a bit slower and no danger.
Not exactly, but I get your point. Skiing is a lot more dangerous.

Not trolling (you know I love you mattrob) - why do you think the defense will improve, genuinely interested....

Well, it can't get worse!

No worries jg, you're one of the few I'm never concerned about trolling. I just think this is the type of injury that galvanizes the team a little bit, and we'll see a grittier effort going forward, which will translate to the defensive end. Even though we're losing our best perimeter defender, I think Tad will be pushing defense even harder going forward, and we'll get a better team effort. Also, watching Gordon today, he was dominant inside. If he can build off of that performance, it should give everyone confidence they can stick with their man, deny aggressively, and let him clean up any mistakes. In short, it's probably our only hope of coming out of this with a chance to salvage a good season, and I'm thinking (hoping?) that we'll see the team really focus on the defensive end.

Well I never I never expected them to win the national championship with or without Spencer, so I guess you could say losing him wasn't really a lethal blow in the first place.

No one expected a national championship, but many of us thought there was a chance for the best season in the past 50 years. There's a big difference in national perception between a top-64 and Sweet 16 finish. Instead of another step forward for the program, we're probably treading water this year.

[tweet]422594981962854400[/tweet]

Ugh...I really feel for Spencer. This year was supposed to be his chance to lead this team on a deep tourney run and a springboard to the NBA. Now he's a cheerleader. Here's to a quick and complete recovery!

Well, it can't get worse!

No worries jg, you're one of the few I'm never concerned about trolling. I just think this is the type of injury that galvanizes the team a little bit, and we'll see a grittier effort going forward, which will translate to the defensive end. Even though we're losing our best perimeter defender, I think Tad will be pushing defense even harder going forward, and we'll get a better team effort. Also, watching Gordon today, he was dominant inside. If he can build off of that performance, it should give everyone confidence they can stick with their man, deny aggressively, and let him clean up any mistakes. In short, it's probably our only hope of coming out of this with a chance to salvage a good season, and I'm thinking (hoping?) that we'll see the team really focus on the defensive end.

Great response and I buy it, I'm a worst case scenario guy and get bogged down into "we're losing our best perimeter defender in a guard dominated leauge" we're screwed kind of guy. So I appreciate a respected, informed, logical thought process on this.

No one expected a national championship, but many of us thought there was a chance for the best season in the past 50 years. There's a big difference in national perception between a top-64 and Sweet 16 finish. Instead of another step forward for the program, we're probably treading water this year.
Sure there's a big difference in national perception between making the tournament and not making the tournament as well; NIT and not NIT. There's different tiers for these things. So it's more of a drop in national perception than anything else. So yeah I'll agree with you there.

Hopefully he is alright but by the sounds of it doesn't seem so. I'm sorry guys, I know it's just a game but after 3 years you really get to know these kids. Whatever the outcome of the MRI is I just hope Spencer has a good recovery.

Just have to hope for a relatively quick recovery at this point. And by quick, I mean January of next year, whether he is here or in the NBA. Gallinari's injury looked similar, and his time table was about 10 months

Just have to hope for a relatively quick recovery at this point. And by quick, I mean January of next year, whether he is here or in the NBA. Gallinari's injury looked similar, and his time table was about 10 months
I think basketball is the toughest game on knees and ankles out there. Therefore, extra care has to be taken to make sure the player is fully recovered. Ninety percent doesn't cut it in basketball.

Watching 2 Buffs slip in the 1st 5 minutes yesterday, I had a vague memory of something similar last year. Conference game, away, slick floor. Maybe I was imagining.

Bless you heart Spencer!

Back