What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Stanford vs CU Game Day Thread

Yeah, didn't really seem to force things either. I think I remember one time he went into the lane 1 on 3 and got bailed out with a foul instead of a turnover, but that was about it.
All three PG's still struggle with this and I really don't get it. The defense knows they're looking to pass the ball so they don't need to worry about the block or positioning themselves for a charge call. At least Tad immediately removes them from the game whenever one does it.

All three PG's still struggle with this and I really don't get it. The defense knows they're looking to pass the ball so they don't need to worry about the block or positioning themselves for a charge call. At least Tad immediately removes them from the game whenever one does it.

I usually just close my eyes when Talton penetrates.

Edit: Wait, did I just say that out loud?

Watching in person last night I was paying attention to both Fortune and King's footwork on their jump shots. In both cases on every trey they had their feet set and had good balance when they went up for the shot. Additionally, with the exception of when Fortune had to force a trey at the end of the shot clock, the shot selection was good.

Offensively I felt that may have been King's best game as he played within his skill set and under control. At times it looked as if her was moving in slow motion.

As for the team, beyond the treys, rebounding and defense in the first half were what got the job done. And this was with Josh apparently a bit ill. He was really down on himself in the second half. Every time he came to the bench he was shaking his head and looked frustrated.

The atmosphere was a bit dull at times. Perhaps it was the quick start the Buffs got off to that seemed to take some of the drama out of the outcome?

Watching in person last night I was paying attention to both Fortune and King's footwork on their jump shots. In both cases on every trey they had their feet set and had good balance when they went up for the shot. Additionally, with the exception of when Fortune had to force a trey at the end of the shot clock, the shot selection was good.

Offensively I felt that may have been King's best game as he played within his skill set and under control. At times it looked as if her was moving in slow motion.

As for the team, beyond the treys, rebounding and defense in the first half were what got the job done. And this was with Josh apparently a bit ill. He was really down on himself in the second half. Every time he came to the bench he was shaking his head and looked frustrated.

The atmosphere was a bit dull at times. Perhaps it was the quick start the Buffs got off to that seemed to take some of the drama out of the outcome?
I thought our rebounding and defense could've been better, myself. What am I missing?

I thought our rebounding and defense could've been better, myself. What am I missing?

That CU was +8 on the glass and held Stanford to 36.6% shooting.

The only number the Buffs didn't hit was turnovers. 15 is way too many, especially since Furd doesn't play a pressure defense.

That CU was +8 on the glass and held Stanford to 36.6% shooting.

The only number the Buffs didn't hit was turnovers. 15 is way too many, especially since Furd doesn't play a pressure defense.

Felt like Yaz had half of them. Bad game for him.

Yaz may be hitting a bit of a wall, hasn't done much lately.

He has had a bad two game stretch. Chill. Watching his body language when he comes off the court, he is not happy at all with his performance. I would anticipate it to pick back up soon.

He has had a bad two game stretch. Chill. Watching his body language when he comes off the court, he is not happy at all with his performance. I would anticipate it to pick back up soon.
I hope between this and next year, he works like crazy on his shooting.

On a positive note, Dom keeps looking better and better. He's starting to get that look that Whelan was talking about...

Wonder if any if the 18 voters for Akyazili in the PG1 poll have changed their minds yet.

Wonder if any if the 18 voters for Akyazili in the PG1 poll have changed their minds yet.

I think the issue is that Dom's game just isn't flashy. He just does what he is supposed to. Akyazili goes for the make or break type play a little more often. Thats why he has been getting so many fouls lately.

Back