What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Support Our Future Buffs

does anyone know definitively how this page is tracking whether we have voted or not?

Not definitively, but something close to this. Each hit carries an IP and browser type record. The web server sets a Time-to-live for each record of 60 mintutes. Until that has expired each future hit from the same IP and Browser is redirected to the Thank You for Voting screen. After the record expires you are directed to the voting screen.

Not sure how the 30 minute result is being obtained, unless ISP or local network is refreshing the IP address for that PC at a faster rate.

Not definitively, but something close to this. Each hit carries an IP and browser type record. The web server sets a Time-to-live for each record of 60 mintutes. Until that has expired each future hit from the same IP and Browser is redirected to the Thank You for Voting screen. After the record expires you are directed to the voting screen.

Not sure how the 30 minute result is being obtained, unless ISP or local network is refreshing the IP address for that PC at a faster rate.

Paging 'Tini - How do you get on a proxy server? And with said proxy server, is voting restricted?

I'll add a nuance: Voting on the smartphone appears to have shorter intervals than the PC.

I'm wondering if you can vote in different cell sites. You might be able to vote constantly while riding in a car cruising the interstate. Get a driver, though.

So, work doesn't allow me to install Chrome or Safari, but they do have Opera, so now I'll have 3 browsers and work and at least 5 at home - is Netscape still around? :smile2:

Still voting.

why the **** are we losing ground?!?!?

It's hard for 35 year olds with day jobs to outgun unemployed highschool kids in Texas with nothing better to do under sweltering 100 degree days.

Those that are keeping our guys moving forward are doing great. We just need more outreach and more voters and more people going to Best Buy, the Apple Store, and the library and voting in bulk.

AH HA!

If you use a different proxy each time you can vote with every one of them without the timeout.

Paging 'Tini - How do you get on a proxy server? And with said proxy server, is voting restricted?

I'll add a nuance: Voting on the smartphone appears to have shorter intervals than the PC.

I'm wondering if you can vote in different cell sites. You might be able to vote constantly while riding in a car cruising the interstate. Get a driver, though.

http://www.proxy4free.com/list/webproxy1.html
L

Gerald's poll has been steady for days now. Keep slowly losing ground with Jeff. Hopefully we can get the word out and get a final push to win in the next few days here.

The last time CU fans showed such an outpouring of love toward Texas was Mason Crosby.

x4

Back