What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Texas A&M officially announces Big 12 exit (was: A&M seeking B12 exit)

Hopefully texaSS, ou,osu join the aggies in the sec. If we have to be in the same conference with texas and ou again i'm going to puke.

One thing is certain. Texas is not going to the SEC. Texas believes they are far above that conference in terms of academics. Their options are: 1) hold the big 12 together, 2) go independent, or 3) go to the Pac-16

The best of the Big 12 is now: Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, and Kansas. If the Pac-12 is going to expand any further that is the lineup they should insist on or pass.

If the SEC is going to "raid" the Big 12 any further three of those four will be their targets. They have no interest in Okie State, K-State, Baylor, Iowa State, or Texas Tech; and therefore neither should the Pac-12. That ship sailed and they gambled wrong, now the Pac will have the power to make demands not the other way around.

BYU to the Big 12 will delay the inevitable.

Missouri is being silent about leaving the Big 12 because their Chancellor, Brady Deaton is the Chairmain of the Board for the Big 12 at present.

Oklahoma now controls the fate of the Big 12, not UT. Obviously UT wants the Big 12 to survive so they can continue maximizing their present position, but do the Sooners? They aren't reaping the super-harvest as UT is, so are they happy that Colorado, Nebraska, and now A&M have all bailed? Would the SEC, Pac-12, or another conference offer something better? Will the Sooner Network generate enough revenue to keep them in the Big 12?

The Big 12 crumbling and the Big East TV contract renegotiation coming up, present lots of opportunity for one or the other conference to regain their power on the national scale by raiding the other.

The best of the Big 12 is now: Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, and Kansas. If the Pac-12 is going to expand any further that is the lineup they should insist on or pass.

If the SEC is going to "raid" the Big 12 any further three of those four will be their targets. They have no interest in Okie State, K-State, Baylor, Iowa State, or Texas Tech; and therefore neither should the Pac-12. That ship sailed and they gambled wrong, now the Pac will have the power to make demands not the other way around.

BYU to the Big 12 will delay the inevitable.

Missouri is being silent about leaving the Big 12 because their Chancellor, Brady Deaton is the Chairmain of the Board for the Big 12 at present.

Oklahoma now controls the fate of the Big 12, not UT. Obviously UT wants the Big 12 to survive so they can continue maximizing their present position, but do the Sooners? They aren't reaping the super-harvest as UT is, so are they happy that Colorado, Nebraska, and now A&M have all bailed? Would the SEC, Pac-12, or another conference offer something better? Will the Sooner Network generate enough revenue to keep them in the Big 12?

The Big 12 crumbling and the Big East TV contract renegotiation coming up, present lots of opportunity for one or the other conference to regain their power on the national scale by raiding the other.

I agree w/you 100%

I hate Texass and don't want CU to be in a conference with them ever again but if it happens Scott needs to think BIG. Okie St and TT brings no new TV sets
while KU & Mizzu shores up KC and St Louis, OU gets Okie City and Tulsa and Texass brings Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, Austin-
If 4 new schools are to be added they better bring $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to be shared.

OU holds the better poker hand. Who would of thought that ?

how many maroon and white teams do they need in the SEC? Arky, Miss St, Ala, now A&M...they should pick up OU and make a whole division out of them.

while i fear texasss to the Pac12 Baylorfans right now is just AWESOME

I did some lurking on fan message boards to gather opinions on what happens next in the conference re-alignment game. Most think the B12-3 is done unless BYU or ND step up and join. They would also need to add 2 more to get to 12 and have a conference game. No one see's this happening, so everyone is trying to figure out what happens next. The OSU & OU political ties are interesting. They seem to be joined together, but will split if both get in BCS conferences. Most think that UT and OU are working together to join the PAC12, and the debate is who is coming with them. Will Texas and Oklahoma politics force OSU and TTech to tag along, or once the conference dissolves will it be every man for them self. KU seems to think if politics are pushed aside they will get into the PAC12. The question of Kansas politics and what happens to KSU will make that interesting. Baylor views themselves as screwed, and have a few threads longing for the days of the SWC. KSU is just realizing the Nebraska isn't on their schedule this year, and so they will learn about conference re-alignment in about a year. ISU will be asking the MAC or MWC for an invite shortly. TTech seems to think they are an important factor in carrying the Dallas TV market, and will end up somewhere good.

It seems many feel OU and UT are lobbying the PAC together to join, and 2 other teams will come with them. The interesting discussion is what politics will come into play should we go to a PAC-16. With aTm leaving, can UT leave and not have to take another Texas school with it? Would the SEC take OSU to go along with aTm? What two other schools would join OU and UT in the PAC12 (I would think the two best fits would be KU and Air Force both for academic and athletic reasons. Would Cal be pissed about having a military academy in the conference?)

Good points, but I think the Big 12 is doing everything it can to remian at 10 teams - so that no conference championship game will be played.

Good points, but I think the Big 12 is doing everything it can to remian at 10 teams - so that no conference championship game will be played.

It could also be that the Big 12 will be VERY pro-active, and try to be the first conference to bump all the way up to 16 teams.

They're already making contact with Notre Dame and BYU -- if those two schools shoot them down (Everyone seems to think they will), I wouldn't be surprised to see them make a push to go for 7 smaller schools. TCU, SMU, Houston, Air Force, Colorado State, Tulsa, Boise State, etc. It would be a craptastic conference!

It could also be that the Big 12 will be VERY pro-active, and try to be the first conference to bump all the way up to 16 teams.

They're already making contact with Notre Dame and BYU -- if those two schools shoot them down (Everyone seems to think they will), I wouldn't be surprised to see them make a push to go for 7 smaller schools. TCU, SMU, Houston, Air Force, Colorado State, Tulsa, Boise State, etc. It would be a craptastic conference!

Then they could trade logos with the Mountain West and call it done.

So basically they're trying to re-create the WAC with UT and OU at the top? Talk about an easy conference schedule. I could see why UT would want something like that, though. They could run the show 100%, so long as they keep OU happy.

So basically they're trying to re-create the WAC with UT and OU at the top? Talk about an easy conference schedule. I could see why UT would want something like that, though. They could run the show 100%, so long as they keep OU happy.

They'd have to play tough ooc foes, just to improve their strength of schedule.

Not necessarily. There's definitely speculation that once we hit four 16 team super conferences, they'll be that much closer to a playoff with the four champions of the supers -- whether the NCAA is still involved or not. If that's the case, UT and OU would be happy to be in a conference where they know they only have one tough game to get into that final four every year.

Not necessarily. There's definitely speculation that once we hit four 16 team super conferences, they'll be that much closer to a playoff with the four champions of the supers -- whether the NCAA is still involved or not. If that's the case, UT and OU would be happy to be in a conference where they know they only have one tough game to get into that final four every year.

Wasn't talkin' 'bout our conference, Wispy.

CSU seems confident that they're going to get an invite....

CSU is like Drew Barrymore in 'Never Been Kissed', where she is a teenager waiting for Prom and gets egged on her front porch. Except they dont grow up to be hot and ****able. They just stay a gawky teenager nerd. For-ever.

Wasn't talkin' 'bout our conference, Wispy.

Neither was I. I was saying that OU and, ESPECIALLY, UT might be happy to be in 16-team conference with a bunch of schmoes if the move to 16-team conferences gets us to a playoff like system.

Back