What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The 2020 COVID Coaching Carousel

Football Scoop out with an update on Sumlin and possible replacements while the game is still being played. They actually float Skippy as a potential name, lol.

Does Sumlin get fired before the Territorial Cup ends?
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Look for Alabama offensive coordinator Steve Sarkisian to be perhaps the top candidate for the position. Sarkisian has head coaching experience already at a pair of PAC-12 powers, Southern Cal and Washington, and presently is the engineer of perhaps college football’s most explosive offense for the top-ranked Crimson Tide. He’s turned down other jobs just a year ago, after being closely linked to both Colorado and Mississippi State, but everyone from Nick Saban to Lane Kiffin is championing Sarkisian as ready for his next head coaching opportunity.

That write up drastically overrates the job. The list they formulated confirms it.
Concur, plus I think Sark will have better offers this year. ASU is a far better job than Arizona and has a better history. Isn't Arizona the only original P10 or B10 team to never have made the Rose Bowl?

Concur, plus I think Sark will have better offers this year. ASU is a far better job than Arizona and has a better history. Isn't Arizona the only original P10 or B10 team to never have made the Rose Bowl?
I thought asu made it with Plummer?

That’s correct. The AZ schools are really financially stressed right now so I’m not so sure UA will get buy in from the board of regents for a $5m buyout. (Oddly, the same board governs UA, ASU , and NAU.)

But losing 70-7 to your rival might just be the way to make the buyout politically feasible.

$5MM is still a big buyout for a cash strapped athletic department. Have to figure they will be responsible to pay the buyout for whatever coach they hire, too.

I’m totally unsympathetic. **** those guys.

people tide GIF

Is there a worse football job in the Pac-12 than Arizona?

I mean, I have no illusions about the attractiveness of our job, but it's better than Arizona.

Back