What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The rumors are hitting closer to home.

The AD should announce Embo is coming back, today. help with recruiting by off-setting the impact of you whiners. The constant ragging on the program does nothing but deter recruits and is an insult to current players. You people are all about what YOU want.

Go Buffs

This has got to be a troll post.

The AD should announce Embo is coming back, today. help with recruiting by off-setting the impact of you whiners. The constant ragging on the program does nothing but deter recruits and is an insult to current players. You people are all about what YOU want.

Go Buffs

Shut the **** up

If McChesney heard something that Al said among friends and then put it on the air or twitter, he is a douche.

Go Buffs
Do you realize that we are watching the worst CU team in the 123 year history of the program, as well as the worst seven-year stretch in CU history? Are we supposed to be okay with this?

PS - the results on the field, lack of discernable progress, lack of administrative support, and lack of improvements (facilities) are what is deterring recruits right now

If McChesney heard something that Al said among friends and then put it on the air or twitter, he is a douche.

He's been very douchy. Point granted.

But he doesn't give a flying **** who he offends and what people think of him as long as at the end of the day he can look himself in the mirror and know he fought to have a winner at CU. this includes fighting dirty.

We need more of that.

We can't just want to win. We have to need to win, accepting nothing else.

We don't take our football seriously enough. McChesney does.

Go Buffs

Yes, we want a team that isn't the laughingstock of college football. I'm sorry that's an issue for you.

And don't kid yourself with recruiting. It's not the (deserved) "ragging" on the program that is deterring recruits. It's the fact that Embree & Co are clearly so in over their heads. It's entirely obvious to everyone who doesn't have their head 3 feet up a buffalo's ass. Fire him the second after the Utah game. Prolonging this will only result in further devastation. How can you not understand that? For a staff that advertised themselves as big time recruiters, why are we last in the Pac-12? Is that really the fault of the fans? Jesus dude.

Jim Leavitt would be a solid hire. He knows his football. I'd prefer Petrino or Tressel, but at the end of the day, we won't hire any of those guys. So it doesn't really matter what I want.

Jim Leavitt would be a solid hire. He knows his football. I'd prefer Petrino or Tressel, but at the end of the day, we won't hire any of those guys. So it doesn't really matter what I want.

[video=youtube;qLdBrx-ijwQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLdBrx-ijwQ[/video]

yes, we want a team that isn't the laughingstock of college football. I'm sorry that's an issue for you.

And don't kid yourself with recruiting. It's not the (deserved) "ragging" on the program that is deterring recruits. It's the fact that embree & co are clearly so in over their heads. It's entirely obvious to everyone who doesn't have their head 3 feet up a buffalo's ass. Fire him the second after the utah game. Prolonging this will only result in further devastation. How can you not understand that? For a staff that advertised themselves as big time recruiters, why are we last in the pac-12? Is that really the fault of the fans? Jesus dude.

--> you!

But he doesn't give a flying **** who he offends and what people think of him as long as at the end of the day he can look himself in the mirror and know he fought to have a winner at CU. this includes fighting dirty.

We need more of that.

Disagree.

Wasn't that familiar with Leavitt so I looked him up. I would think he would be a solid hire as well.

Bring Back Gary Barnett. There I said it (again.) I would seriously love this move. never should have fired him in the first place.

Bring Back Gary Barnett. There I said it (again.) I would seriously love this move. never should have fired him in the first place.

66 years old and hasn't coached in 7 years.

Maybe a mistake was made in 2005 (I'm not interested in arguing). But this ship has sailed.

He's been very douchy. Point granted.

We need more of that.

We can't just want to win. We have to need to win, accepting nothing else.

We don't take our football seriously enough. McChesney does.

Absulutely agree. He is the only former player with the balls to speak the truth and get this **** storm under control. Where are the great former players....Stewart, Westbrook, Salaam, Figures, Detmer, Hudson.....etc? Maybe they don't care.

Disagree.
So why don't we need more former players who are pissed about the current state of the program speaking out and even admitting they were wrong about Embree being hired? God forbid...

Lots of the former players are in a tough spot because not only did they lobby for this coaching staff, they are good friends with many of them. Al has noticably avoided the topic when he can, Klatt as well to a lesser exent.

You have to remember that Al is very open that his best friend is on that staff. He has his loyalty to the program but I would find it very hard to advocate for the firing of my best friend as well.

I would imagine that behind the scenes there is a realization that it isn't working but publicly they are still hoping for a turn around that gets less likely each week.

this thread depresses me and drives me to apathy about CU football. i haven't even watched or listened to the last 2 games. those were the first 2 games i've missed hearing or seeing in some way, shape, or form, in about 30 years.

it took a long time but i think the university has finally succeeded in killing my love for football. that was their goal, i suspect. the unintended consequence for them is that i won't donate another dime to any part of the university ever again unless i can somehow be convinced they have a will to win again in football.

the only way to fix this... the only way... is to bring in a new staff. in my opinion, of course.

this thread depresses me and drives me to apathy about CU football. i haven't even watched or listened to the last 2 games. those were the first 2 games i've missed hearing or seeing in some way, shape, or form, in about 30 years.

it took a long time but i think the university has finally succeeded in killing my love for football. that was their goal, i suspect. the unintended consequence for them is that i won't donate another dime to any part of the university ever again unless i can somehow be convinced they have a will to win again in football.

the only way to fix this... the only way... is to bring in a new staff. in my opinion, of course.

You and I are in the same boat here and I agree that a complete turnover in staff is the only hope to turn this thing around. They have also seen the last dime from me from a donation standpoint unless at some point I have to donate to get bball tix. My wife asked if I was ok this last week when I did not watch the game and deleted it off of the DVR without watching it. Only reason I am heading up Saturday is hit Sackygate, see some of you all and to hang with my family. I am starting to hate one of the things I used to love so much. Ughhhhhh.

Former players are no more likely to PICK good coaches than they are to BE good coaches. It's simply not a predictor for success.

Joel Klatt, Alferd Williams and Matt McCheese have opinions that are no more valid than any of ours.

Here's a way to hire a coaching staff:
Hire someone who has had success.

With that said, Embo could succeed here if he had a damn good DC and OC. He has neither. And he himself is neither.

One of my tentants is always hire a HC who is a genius on one side of the ball or the other. That assures you have either a good defense or a good offense. That makes you mediocre. Then all you have to hire is one other good guy.

Both Hawk and Embree needed to nail both OC and DC and they got it wrong.

Joel Klatt, Alferd Williams and Matt McCheese have opinions that are no more valid than any of ours.

True. Embree failing does end we need a CU guy to turn it around (although I admit I had EB at the top of my coaching list along with some outsiders)

True. Embree failing does end we need a CU guy to turn it around (although I admit I had EB at the top of my coaching list along with some outsiders)

All things being equal, I'd prefer a CU guy too. It's just that we can't let alum status trump lack of head coaching or coordinating experience, and other pertinent details.

A CU guy would be great if they could get the job done. However, what's wrong with a coach with no ties that keeps the guys that built the program close to it? As long as the new staff didn't pull a Juicebox, I don't get it. End of the day, it's about winning.

I'm not so sure that it was Hawkins who caused the rift. I think that it was the former coaches and players who are mostly at fault. There was a lot of anger from them about Barnett being let go the way he was. Hawkins' tenure, I believe, was undermined from the start. I still don't think Hawkins would have been successful, but the unity that was created among the "true Buffs" has also caused problems. It's very hard for them to welcome someone they see as an outsider.

I'm not so sure that it was Hawkins who caused the rift. I think that it was the former coaches and players who are mostly at fault. There was a lot of anger from them about Barnett being let go the way he was. Hawkins' tenure, I believe, was undermined from the start. I still don't think Hawkins would have been successful, but the unity that was created among the "true Buffs" has also caused problems. It's very hard for them to welcome someone they see as an outsider.

I agree that the old buffs will make it harder for any newcomer who isn't one of "their" guys. At the same time win eight games and get to a decent bowl and all is forgotten. Winning make a lot of stuff easier to take.

I didn't know that, I always thought it was Hawk that didn't care what happened before he got on board. I'm guessing it probably came from both sides, could be wrong.

A coach with absolutely no ties to the program is fine.

You don't have to be an alum of the school to respect the traditions and the past of a school. An outsider could and should be open to former players, former coaches, etc.

I looked it up a while back and of the top 25 programs there were only like 2-3 that had alums as their HC. Beamer and Gundy are the only two I can remember. Point is, other successful programs just hire the best coach regardless where he went to school.

I looked it up a while back and of the top 25 programs there were only like 2-3 that had alums as their HC. Beamer and Gundy are the only two I can remember. Point is, other successful programs just hire the best coach regardless where he went to school.
But you don't understand... CU is a unique situation. Only a CU guy can understand how to win here :rolling_eyes:

I also got the impression from AZ's posts at the time that some people were upset Embree didn't get the job then over Hawk, and that they were upset Bohn didn't give him serious consideration and only a token interview.

Back