What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The Texas sucks and this is a great Monday thread.

Once again this is something the committee knew the whole time. Why do they have the playoff rankings? What is the point of them, if at the end you can just drop a team 3 spots for winning big.

And anybody think that the playoff games will not be sellouts, even if TCU were invite?

I'm with you on this one. While I am ok with the final rankings and I think they got it right, the week-to-week change made no sense at all. If they aren't going to take the whole big picture into account until the final week, or if the final decision is who had the biggest win the last week then they shouldn't both with putting out rankings before that.

I'm with you on this one. While I am ok with the final rankings and I think they got it right, the week-to-week change made no sense at all. If they aren't going to take the whole big picture into account until the final week, or if the final decision is who had the biggest win the last week then they shouldn't both with putting out rankings before that.

Pretty sure ESPN wanted them to release rankings every week. My guess is the committee would've have been fine to wait. I like the objectivity of ranking teams on how they have done versus teams they have played, and understanding that if later a team wins big games you could move down if your SOS warranted. I think this corrects the competitive advantage a team gets if they are higher ranked at the start of the year based on purely subjective assessments. Most of the BCS controversies can be traced to this self-induced condition. If a team ranked #15 at the start of the season plays a tougher slate than the pre-season #1, and both teams go undefeated, the team with the #15 rank at the start should 'jump' the preseason #1 even though they didn't lose. That's just my opinion. The committee got this one right across the board.

TCU and Baylor have no grounds to be upset at the committee. The B12 is the biggest culprit. How could they expect the committee to rank one of the them as a top-4 team in the country when their own conference wouldn't pick one of them as the best team in the conference?

I get that ESPN wanted the drama of the weekly rankings but I still agree with tante that the committee knew everything about the B12 the previous week when they had TCU at three.

So these are the rankings that were publicized by the voting committee itself, starting in October. It is not just some stupid espn power rankings.

I had been saying Memphis was a nice fit for the Big 12-2-1-1+2 for a while. Cincy is a little bit of a surprise , but no more so than WVU, I guess.

Not with Bohn there, in fact, this is probably why he was hired in the first place.

This is the false argument. There's no need to go to 16 teams or to get into the Central Time Zone.

The ACC has 14 teams. The SEC has 14 teams. The B1G has 14 teams.

There are two P5 conferences that have less than 14 teams. The Pac and the Big 12.

Id keep my eye on this because it *could* be a problem in a 16 team future. I could see a scenario where the argument could be made in the selection committee that we are underweighted in conference power (its easier to win in a smaller conf) just like we just saw with the BigXII. When there are 3 16 team conferences that only have two OOC games while Pac schools have 4 OOC cream puffs on the schedule that could hurt us. Just keep an eye on it.

Everyone is so happy with the CCG when the favored team wins. If Wisconsin knocks off OSU, or Alabama loses to Mizzou when neither secondary team had a shot at the playoff, suddenly, they CCG doesn't look so great.

Absolutely not.

No texas. No association with that conference killing university please.

This. We were better off in a different conference, and scheduling the 'Horns in the OOC. The PAC-12 will remain a healthy conference as is for a long time and doesn't need to expand in to the central time zone.

If go to 16 teams, I hope we add some really crappy teams, so aren't the worst anymore.

If go to 16 teams, I hope we add some really crappy teams, so aren't the worst anymore.

I'd really like to capture that Buffalo, NY TV market for the PAC. Maybe gain some east coast exposure. Ditto with Massachusetts. Boston has some great sports fans.

Everyone is so happy with the CCG when the favored team wins. If Wisconsin knocks off OSU, or Alabama loses to Mizzou when neither secondary team had a shot at the playoff, suddenly, they CCG doesn't look so great.

Thats why this will be 8 teams in no time once ESecPN gets "their people" on the selection committee. No SEC will ever miss the playoffs ever ever.

We're still hunting for a rival, perhaps in a neighboring state. How about New Mexico?

Unpossible. They won a conference game. You need to aim lower. Like UNLV. to get us off the bottom anyway.

Sort of. To hear the Rammies tell it, the PAC12 is going to swap us out for them.

Makes sense. They add way more NC's to the Conference of Champions than Colorado does. That's what happens when you have one of your best football seasons in school history.

Makes sense. They add way more NC's to the Conference of Champions than Colorado does. That's what happens when you have one of your best football seasons in school history.

Hey, the PAC presidents are impressed by rodeo results.

Back