What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

This just in: Colorado and Oklahoma are not the same school

allow me to add a visual to the discussion. when we are THIS high in the fulmer cup (humorous as it is meant to be) we have ZERO room to bash on, mock, belittle, or whine about another program without also looking childish, petulant, and hypocritical.

chips, when you act as if nothing smelly has gone on in boulder.

You inferred that from my one sentence. nice job..

You don't seem to have a handle on what the word hypocrisy means. Let me give YOU a visual..

we have ZERO room to bash on, mock, belittle, or whine about another program without also looking childish, petulant, and hypocritical.

on the Mo Purify assault charge last fall..

still, big red has games to win, and the masses have been pissing their pants that they will lose to usc without mo. therefore, he will certainly stay in lincoln. .

my question is why is he still on the team and still on scholarship to the university. I know of several coaches and schools that he would be off the team and the scholarship pulled already.

I certainly don't want to make significant strides to unwad the number of panties that got bunged as this thread progressed, because really, what's the fun of a chat board if everybody agrees, and in a civil manner at that.

But...

I sense that several arguments have been mixed along the way.

For instance. I don't think it's hypocritical to believe that Coach Stoops would have better served his university/program by placing some sort of public probation or suspension on Jaboe AND also believing that maybe Katoa/Sipili/Geer were baited a little.

Two separate issues, that seem to get lumped into one.

I think we all agree that accountability is essential to a football program. It facilitates personal growth amongst the players while additionally promoting appropriate values within the community.

But I think it's also okay to question where and when the boot should fall, though it's a separate debate. Yes, it's sometimes necessary to punish bad behavior. But if some posters feel that Sipili had a right to smash somebody's face that's a completely different issue.

In the case of Sipili two sides of the story emerged, but the side with reconstructive surgery received the benefit of the doubt. I wasn't there...I don't know what happened, but short of self-defense, I would hope that our players would keep their hands to themselves. Again, I don't know what happend.

Katoa beat up a guy he believed tasered a friend. He had a rock in his hand, but for the love of God, nobody has been able to tell me which hand the rock was in, or what he was doing with it. Digressions aside, some people think that maybe if you taser someone from a possible racially motivated taserin' you deserve to get your butt kicked. I'll stay neutral on that one for now, but if I did agree (hypothetically) with that statement, I would still hope it wasn't a football player that made it happen.

I think Geer provides the most interesting situation. Some guys said he initiated the fight, and darn it if the Boulder police don't seem to support the guy with the broken jaw, yet again. But here's where it's different. Those pesky witnesses--those not involved in the fight--say maybe it didn't happen that way. And then there's that silly situation where a Boulder cop suggested that someone might receive a jaw-breaking punch, but somehow, on the descent to an unconcsous heap manage to land a blow on his assailant. :thumbsup:

Again, it's a different argument. If these guys are guilty, than they should be suspended. I like the way Sipili's and Katoa's worked out. I'll continue to watch Geer with interest.

Maybe there's circumstances surrounding Jaboe. I'd like to hear them. But if he pleaded "guilty" to the charge (did he? I'm not going back to look up the link--I'm supposed to be vacuuming) maybe we can debate whether or not there should be a suspension. If there are circumstances we can debate that.

Sorry, what was I saying. Oh yeah:

1. CU's got a bad reputation. No denyin' that. I wasn't there on that December night in 2001 so I don't no what happened. But I wish those recruits had not attended the party.

2. Our bad reputation doesn't mean we can speculate what others should do. It's still fair game.

3. Just because somebody believes Sipili may have gotten a bum rap, doesn't mean that they can't throw stones at another program. In my opinion it's apples and oranges.

4. I hope this Jarboe kid turns out to be a great citizen, and Sipili, Geer and Katoa too. Oh yeah, I hope Duren gets it figured out.

I love everybody!

As requested: what the **** is this thread about?

butthead.jpg

:lol: sure, whatever you say professor. they are mocking what happened on another campus out of altruism, right?

No, they are mocking what happened on another campus for the same reason that YOU mock incessantly what happens in Lincoln (so long as we are on the subject of rank hypocrisy). Because it is another campus, and this is Allbuffs. Again, when the subject of the mockery is not Oklahoma, you are generally one of the first to mock. That aside, it would perhaps be helpful to your attempts to educate we poor unfortunate barbarians if you would point out who has made these claims of CU perfection that seem to have introduced such large amounts of sand to your netherregions. You just blamed Chippy, and I checked the thread. Twas not him. Care to guess again, and perhaps this time add the quote function for illumination??

I thought not. :lol:

[bold]Quote:
Originally Posted by unbiasedtruth
my question is why is he still on the team and still on scholarship to the university. I know of several coaches and schools that he would be off the team and the scholarship pulled already. [/bold]

in this case chip, descretion is the better part of valor or do you want to know my opinion of Sipilli and Katoa and what i think their relationship to CU needs to be? Also did I mention or imply OU and Bob Stoops in the above comment? Or is that the only school and coach you think I know anything about in CFB?

To be perfectly honest somewhere in the discussion of Mo Purify I did mention Stoops and Dusty Dvorecek and their situation. You dont need to go looking for it. :cool:

So you will understand, and I have said this several times before in this thread, you have a situation where a young man made a bad and foolish decision and put an unlicensed weapon in his pants making it concealed on a high school campuse. The he got arrested for it. Did he physically threaten or assault any person after this? No he didnt. Did he use the weapon in a violent manner against others? No he didnt. He just got caught putting an unlicensed gun down his pants, thats all we know. Anything further than this is all speculation by any and everyone. Now if he had, and I had to answer the previous questions, yes, color him gone in my book. So is what I said about Mo Purify hypocrisy when you have two very different set of cirmcumstances.

And to clarify he has yet to show up on the OU campus.

When the posters here started crying about how Stoops didnt punish him and OU needs to follow CU's lead in how to punish athletes that break the law, players were brought up to illustrate how CU does a better job punishuing its athletes. (somewhere along this line no one wants to acknowledge my posts about Dvorecek and the frosh receiver that were suspended by Stoops for a season, or the 2 o-lineman back in 2005, that were gone for good when Stoops booted them for violation of team rules)

My deal is Sipillia and Katoa did physical harm to another person, to the point one used a weapon ( a rock as it be, how big, what hand, sandstone, granite, marble who knows), and the other caused facial reconstructive surgery. I tend to believe those two altercations with the law are way far more severe then gettin caught with a unliscensed gun in you pants, even on high school grounds. They were acts of violence in retaliation against another person when there was no attack against them personally. Yes I know Sipilli's and Katoa's friends suffered unprovoked(?) attacks by others and, in Sipilli's case he stepped in to help his friend, and in Katoa's case he "trespassed", going in to an apartment and assulted a member of the party there, rock in hand, hoping he could find out who had tasered his friend, another CU football player, moments before and then the ones doing the tasering drove off.

I guess my very liberal attitude towards fireams tends to make me say no big deal, no other person was hurt, no property was damaged. Victimless crime. How many of us have committed victimless crimes? I do it fairly often, in fact daily when i drive to and from work.

To continue this I was raised that you never raise you hand and strike another unless it is in defense of yourself, your loved ones, or your country. So when I see players, themselves not attacked, maybe in harms way, wrong place wrong time, and then attacking themselves I have a serious issue with that. That is why I said what I did about Mo Purify and his unprovoked attach against a doorman at a bar over a stinking fake id being taken away the week before at a different bar. And I stand by it today and have not backed down one teensy weensy bit from it. No hypocrisy. And if you want, I will cast descrestion to the way side and let you know how I feel about Sipilli and Katoa, it will be in a PM to you though. I have yet to come to a conclusion on Geer. Right now I think he is way more in the right than wrong (wrong place wrong time), from the information I have heard.

[bold]Quote:

To continue this I was raised that you never raise you hand and strike another unless it is in defense of yourself, your loved ones, or your country. So when I see players, themselves not attacked, maybe in harms way, wrong place wrong time, and then attacking themselves I have a serious issue with that. That is why I said what I did about Mo Purify and his unprovoked attach against a doorman at a bar over a stinking fake id being taken away the week before at a different bar. And I stand by it today and have not backed down one teensy weensy bit from it. No hypocrisy. And if you want, I will cast descrestion to the way side and let you know how I feel about Sipilli and Katoa, it will be in a PM to you though. I have yet to come to a conclusion on Geer. Right now I think he is way more in the right than wrong (wrong place wrong time), from the information I have heard.

Good post. I may not agree with all of it, but well said anyway. But I am confused by the bits I bolded. Are you ok with somebody striking back in defense of others, if they are not attacked themselves? You seem to say both yes and no. It is a very relevant point in both the Katoa and Sipili incidents. Which is NOT to say that they are guilty of nothing, or that they should not be punished. I think that restraint and proportional response are things these young men need to learn, and did not demonstrate, regardless of the circumstances. (It is possible, based on this thread, that there are others of us who might benefit from the same lesson. :smile2:) But I agree with what you learned growing up, and in my mind when you have seen a good friend tasered, or are seeing a good friend being jumped by 3 other guys, there is some degree of response I would call appropriate. Again, I think they crossed that line, which is why I'm NOT saying they were treated unfairly. Just not clear if you are saying there was some justification from the situations they were in or not. :confused:

I also take issue with you saying that one (Katoa) "used a weapon", then say "what hand...who knows". How is holding a rock but not hitting somebody with it any different than carrying a gun but not shooting anybody with it? :confused: If Katoa was using the rock to hit the victim, he should probably be gone for good. But if not, on what basis do you bring it up as weapon and totally dismiss the presence of a gun with Jarboe? BTW, I read a couple other articles today that referred to the fact that the gun was stolen, written at the time of the arrest. That charge seems to have gone away - do you know why?

I don't have a problem with the CU suspensions, and I'm not calling for OU to even give Jarboe the same punishment. But I also think it's pretty damn reasonable to question why Stoops not only seems to be saying that he'll put the kid on his roster this year, but is even giving him glowing character references. Not even a suspension for the non-conference schedule? Not even a fusker-esque suspension for Ball State? Nothing at all? Really?? :huh:

You inferred that from my one sentence. nice job..

You don't seem to have a handle on what the word hypocrisy means. Let me give YOU a visual..

on the Mo Purify assault charge last fall..

you are right. that was a highly childish moment on my part. how about another visual, fresh from this spring?

ladyblaise said:
why? the only segue is that the huskers recruited the tard. they can't help his behavior until they get a chance to drill appropriate behavior into him.

from this thread i would like to think that i am done with throwing the first stone all the goddamned time. it has gotten old.

with that issue resolved, can you explain how your one sentence was SUPPORTIVE of ou, being as you object to my interpretation that you were mocking of ou and the situation?

Last edited:
you are right. that was a highly childish moment on my part. how about another visual, fresh from this spring?

from this thread

with that issue resolved, can you explain how your one sentence was SUPPORTIVE of ou, being as you object to my interpretation that you were mocking of ou and the situation?

Why do you fail to miss this point. THIS IS A COLORADO BOARD. We are supposed to make fun of the other schools.

That is the joy of it, I don't have to be supportive of OU and I can throw stones.

Sheeesh !!
:smile2:

Why do you fail to miss this point. THIS IS A COLORADO BOARD. We are supposed to make fun of the other schools.

That is the joy of it, I don't have to be supportive of OU and I can throw stones.

Sheeesh !!
:smile2:

edit: nevermind.

what i have to say about that concept has been said.

Last edited:

from this thread i would like to think that i am done with throwing the first stone all the goddamned time. it has gotten old.

From that thread, it seems to me that your expectation is that the fuskers will "drill apporpriate behavior into him" once he becomes a member of that team. If Bo Peep were to be on record saying that Williams "will be on the roster this fall" and that he expects Williams to be "a positive contributor to our campus", would it not set off suspicions in your mind that perhaps such appropriate behavior was not apt to be drilled into him?

From that thread, it seems to me that your expectation is that the fuskers will "drill apporpriate behavior into him" once he becomes a member of that team. If Bo Peep were to be on record saying that Williams "will be on the roster this fall" and that he expects Williams to be "a positive contributor to our campus", would it not set off suspicions in your mind that perhaps such appropriate behavior was not apt to be drilled into him?

no.

did you miss that bo has kicked kids the hell out of lincoln for doing dumb **** this spring? it really is none of my concern. i want my focus 100% on the buffs, and not pussywhining about other programs.

no.

did you miss that bo has kicked kids the hell out of lincoln for doing dumb **** this spring? it really is none of my concern. i want my focus 100% on the buffs, and not pussywhining about other programs.

Good for Bo. Good for Hawk and CU. Good for Stoops when he has disciplined kids. Virtually all programs need to do more to regain control of the sport. Clearly, some of us feel that in this case Stoops has erred by sending signals he doesn't plan to discipline this kid. It is unfortunate that the best counter to that argument was considered to be an attack on fellow CU fans and on CU players. For so long as this board discusses other college football teams in addition to the buffs, some will express their opinions in regards to other programs. Sorry if you consider such opinions to be "pussywhining".

Good for Bo. Good for Hawk and CU. Good for Stoops when he has disciplined kids. Virtually all programs need to do more to regain control of the sport. Clearly, some of us feel that in this case Stoops has erred by sending signals he doesn't plan to discipline this kid. It is unfortunate that the best counter to that argument was considered to be an attack on fellow CU fans and on CU players. For so long as this board discusses other college football teams in addition to the buffs, some will express their opinions in regards to other programs. Sorry if you consider such opinions to be "pussywhining".

your opinion, as stated, is not an issue.

as i pointed out, a few on here went overboard from opinion to chunking rocks. i let my opinion on the rock chunking be known, as well as letting you know my stance on smarmy comments and ill-conceived attempts at justification of piss poor fan behavior by appeals to the (black) silver and gold.

Back