What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Thorburn says it is too soon to fire Embree

Hey, at this point, I am down. Drop the hammer, name and interim and everyone is gone. The key though is to get it done so that a recruiting class of some sort can still be lined up. If we are going into the dead period of December without a coach, we are set back another year pretty much.

SBNation chimes in but they're wrong on the part where they say we don't have the money:

Really, this list is all about Jon Embree. I still have no idea what Colorado might do with him. A former Buffalo during Bill McCartney's glory days, he came aboard with Favorite Son status and stocked the staff with other former CU stars (it seemed that Colorado's entire goal when hiring Embree in 2011 was to remind fans that the Buffs were good once). But CU still doesn't have a lot of money (it was a big deal last week when CU announced that it was adding a couple more employees to the football recruiting staff), Embree inherited little to no talent, and the Buffs have suffered a near-comical number of injuries in the last two years.

Embree was dealt an impossible hand ... and has done absolutely, positively nothing with it. He is 4-17, and in his second year Colorado has regressed dramatically. Again, you can blame injuries for a good portion of that, but ... all of it? Aside from a dramatic, and unexpected, comeback win over Washington State, Colorado has been outscored, 282-65, in its last five games. The Buffs trailed Oregon, 56-0, at halftime in Eugene on Saturday and gave no indication that they might improve on last week's No. 123 F/+ ranking (behind three FBS newcomers: No. 92 Texas State, No. 117 South Alabama and No. 122 UTSA). Signs seem to point to giving Embree a third year, but ... I honestly don't know if I can justify that.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...chizik-college-football-coaches-hot-seat-2012

RR would have been the PERFECT hire for CU. I'm not suprised at what he's doing at AZ. He could have done the same here. Hire him and stick with him.

Other than Richardson at wide receiver, what serious injuries have there been this year?

Prich, Polk, Henderson, Powell, Rippy (still recovering), Wood, CUD, Daigh have all missed some time I think or been nicked up. Nothing like last year, though, and not excuse worthy.

Prich, Polk, Henderson, Powell, Rippy (still recovering), Wood, CUD, Daigh have all missed some time I think or been nicked up. Nothing like last year, though, and not excuse worthy.

Not disagreeing with you. Every team has players who miss a game or two. Bumps and bruises and concussions and sprains are part of football.

I still think Polk should have never switched to Defense. He doesn't belong. Maybe he wouldn't have at RB either, but what the hell. At least he looks like a RB.

I still think Polk should have never switched to Defense. He doesn't belong. Maybe he wouldn't have at RB either, but what the hell. At least he looks like a RB.

Have you seen our other safeties? Polk looks the part as much as anyone back there.

Not disagreeing with you. Every team has players who miss a game or two. Bumps and bruises and concussions and sprains are part of football.

Agree that every team has them but most teams aren't as thin as we are to start with. On a normal roster guys like Polk, Henderson, Rippy, and Major would still be sitting out taking more time to recover.

I also wonder how many of our young guys who should be taking RS years to mature are getting beat up by being forced into action to early.

Having a hard time believing so many panties are in a bunch over Embree's bowl game goal. You act like it's a feat of superhuman strength to make a bowl, but this year half of FBS will be there (last year there were 35 bowl games), and they may not even have a winning record.

The Sackster has it right - the only important consideration is the product on the field, and that is where our staff has disproven themselves.

Having a hard time believing so many panties are in a bunch over Embree's bowl game goal. You act like it's a feat of superhuman strength to make a bowl, but this year half of FBS will be there (last year there were 35 bowl games), and they may not even have a winning record.

The Sackster has it right - the only important consideration is the product on the field, and that is where our staff has disproven themselves.

Disagree. I think the staff has proven something on the field.

Well said, zbuff.

Publicly proclaiming a bowl game goal was not a misstep by Embree. Even if you fall short and win 4-5 games, most sane observers will note progress.

I questioned this move when it was made, and I still think it was a horrible idea. However, Duff is right, without Polk, our situation at safety is very dire. That's not to say that had Polk been a RB that we might not have concentrated a little harder on bringing in some quality safeties.

Back