What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Thursday Night Games Thread

No doubt in my mind. We're going to be the most hated fanbase in the Pac 12... eventually.

LL

The question was about other fans, not CU's opinion of itself.

We have great reasons to hate Baylor. Are you even a buff fan? Do you remember the **** that happened during the conference switch?

Last edited:
We have great reasons to hate Baylor. Are you even a buff fan? Do you remember the **** that happened during the conference switch?

Yes, I am a CU fan and no I'm not butthurt about Baylor trying to do what's best for that school, especially when it worked out well for CU. Let it go.

You are crazy as a loon.

Guess that would have read better as 'unlikely'. I meant, I think us winning all the rest is as likely as losing all the rest; I don't think either one will happen. I see two wins, and with growth and luck, 3 or 4. We will see.

Mods can you please change posters name from Mark Wetmore to Mark Wetblanket. He is ruining our best coaches name.

I also vote for his name change. Although I like him a lot more now that he's on ignore.

I just don't understand the strange animosity towards other schools. Especially when it has nothing to do with you personally. Three of my favorite teams to watch are Oregon, Baylor and A&M. I love their offensive style and philosophy. Actually, I like Zona's style as well. I liked what RR did at WVU when he was there. I even like what Saban does with his offense. It's not very fun to watch but they are brutally effective...which is a result of Saban's "process", which is pretty cool....repetition to excellence, attention to the details, recruiting to the system, not molding the system to the recruits., etc.

There isn't a single school in the country that has done as much to try to damage the University of Colorado as has Baylor. But I guess that's no big deal for somebody who doesn't give a chit about CU to begin with.

There isn't a single school in the country that has done as much to try to damage the University of Colorado as has Baylor. But I guess that's no big deal for somebody who doesn't give a chit about CU to begin with.

Oh please, get over it. Don't be such a drama queen. Let it go. It worked out in the end for CU. Are you damaged in any way by this?

Oh please, get over it. Don't be such a drama queen. Let it go. It worked out in the end for CU. Are you damaged in any way by this?

Damaged? No.

Why should that lessen the hatred, though?

If some asshole hits on your wife while ripping on you right in front of you, you still hate the guy even if your wife shuts him down.

You're not the boss of me. I'll get over it when I'm damn well ready to get over it.

I just don't understand the strange animosity towards other schools. Especially when it has nothing to do with you personally. Three of my favorite teams to watch are Oregon, Baylor and A&M. I love their offensive style and philosophy. Actually, I like Zona's style as well. I liked what RR did at WVU when he was there. I even like what Saban does with his offense. It's not very fun to watch but they are brutally effective...which is a result of Saban's "process", which is pretty cool....repetition to excellence, attention to the details, recruiting to the system, not molding the system to the recruits., etc.

I'll take a shot here: Oregon is disliked because their "fans," generally speaking, are more about the "image" of the program than anything else. I see about as many Oregon bumper stickers down here in AZ as ASU stickers (and I see a lot of ASU stickers). Oregon fans are fans because they like cheering for a winning team and, perhaps more so, they like the way they look in highlighter yellow. On top of that, they are unbearably smug about their program. A lot like Seahawk "fans," they do not comprehend that football existed prior to the mid 2000s. They think there is something special about their football team, as if no team EVAH has enjoyed success like they have. They think there is something special about their fan base and their stadium atmosphere, as if no team EVAH has had a home field advantage that equals the one they have. Like Seahawk fans, once the neon trend fades into oblivion and their team fades into mediocrity, they will jump on the next bandwagon, oblivious to the smug asshole behavior they exhibited over a team they don't really care about.

As for Baylor, your argument is that any behavior is justified so long as it is in the best interest of the school. That is an indefensible position.

I'll also add that disliking a team's fan base and enjoying watching that team play are not mutually exclusive feelings.

Fandom, see fanaticism, is not always rational. The actions and decision to like or not like certain programs does not always have to have a reason. In the instance of Baylor, they gave us just about as many reasons as we could ask for. **** them.

Not only for the big 12 bull****, but for that ****ing canadian and that ****ing three point game of his life.

People on message boards always seem to hate the fans of winning teams. The fans of team x are awful because of....whatever. Ok, so are all fans bad? Are any fans of winning teams good? Here is the list of national champions. Do you hate the fans of all of these teams?

1991 Miami, Fla. (AP)
Washington (Coaches)
1992 Alabama
1993 Florida State
1994 Nebraska
1995 Nebraska
1996 Florida
1997 Michigan (AP)
Nebraska (Coaches)
1998 Tennessee
1999 Florida State
2000 Oklahoma
2001 Miami, Fla.
2002 Ohio State
2003 LSU (National Champs)
USC (#1 in AP Poll)
2004 USC
2005 Texas
2006 Florida
2007 LSU
2008 Florida
2009 Alabama
2010 Auburn
2011 Alabama
2012 Alabama
2013 Florida State

I will play along, even though you missed the point and this was all about Whoregone fan and their Nike money entitlement attitude even though they have not won anything and other than the last 5 years has zero history of any sustained success.

To answer your questions. With a few exceptions, hate those fan bases.

Everyone here hates the corn. **** them.
I hate Miami-they are the original cheating pays team
I hate Uterus- destroyer of conferences
Alabama fan is the most obnoxious insufferable fan in football. Even when they sucked in the late 80s Bama fan would spout off about ****ing Bear Bryant like that douche invented football.

Anyone who doesn't hate Baylor is not a true Buff fan.

**** them hard, **** them good.

Back