What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

TO is moving quick.

Looks like Pelini has accepted the NU offer, it won't be announced until after the SEC Championship. Dr. Tom is out on the road recruiting this week keeping touch with commitments and other recruits.

The team had a team meeting this afternoon, but were told to not divulge the discussion of the meeting to anyone.

Looks like Pelini has accepted the NU offer, it won't be announced until after the SEC Championship. Dr. Tom is out on the road recruiting this week keeping touch with commitments and other recruits.

The team had a team meeting this afternoon, but were told to not divulge the discussion of the meeting to anyone.

if this is true, what's the over/under on how many games it will take rival fans to get him to totally meltdown on the sidelines at a road game?

and, which fans will be the first to do it? CU? mizzery? okie state?

this will be like watching a bomb and wondering when it will go off.

if this is true, what's the over/under on how many games it will take rival fans to get him to totally meltdown on the sidelines at a road game?

and, which fans will be the first to do it? CU? mizzery? okie state?

this will be like watching a bomb and wondering when it will go off.

or jimmybuff at the beginning of the season....:smile2:

then how is it that it is america's worst kept secret?

I don't think it ends that simple. Tom stated that he was going to interview atleast 4 or 5 potential coaches. This was just reported
Brian Kelley has been asked for permission to interview. There is a communication to contact him as per Sean Callahan.
So I don't think it's a done deal yet like everyone thinks it is. This was just added tonight also
According to the Rivals.com site covering Cincinnati athletics, BearCatLair.com, the Bearcat athletic department has received a request from Nebraska for contact of coach Brian Kelly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will admit ahead of time that I really don't know much about either Gill or Pellini but I just don't get this. Gill has head coaching experience, Pellini has none. Since leaving Nebraska Pellini has been a good assistant at a SEC powerhouse that consistantly recruits top 10 talent. Gill has been a head coach at a program that was a regular on ESPN's bottom 10 list. Personally, I'd prefer the guy that knows how to get it done as a head coach, but I admit it's a gamble either way.

I see what your saying there and that has crossed my mind. We all know that the expectations that come with the NU job are insanely large. Someone who already has the head coaching part of the job down would be the right fit because that would be less stress for them than someone who is a brand new head coach. The NU job already comes with a mountain of stress so feeling things out as a new head coach could be a problem. Gill has done okay things at Buffalo, but he hasn't done enough. This is why I would like someone like Brian Kelly because he is a proven investment. Every where he's went he's won.

I didn't realize athletic directors were allowed to go on the recruiting trail.

That will be quite a blow to LSU.

They'll lose both Miles and Pelini in the same week.

I don't think this is just my dislike of all things red talking here. But if I was a head coach I would think twice before going to Lincoln if I didn't have ties to the program. The fans in that state are borderline insane with expectations.

I don't think this is just my dislike of all things red talking here. But if I was a head coach I would think twice before going to Lincoln if I didn't have ties to the program. The fans in that state are borderline insane with expectations.

Yeah, you have to experience first-hand the psycho fan expectations before going into a job like that. That's where Cally went wrong (besides he's not a good HC). I'm sure it'll be Pelini.

I would agree with u there but we also occasionally eat our own as well....ahem, solich

Can't argue with this post. :wink2:

Back