What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Top 5 Wide Receivers Ever At C.U.

Spruce and Scotty were great Buffs who had highly productive careers. That doesn't mean they belong even remotely close to the argument of top 5 of "greatest CU WRs of all time"

LOL

My first post was a joke at Scotty's expense, the second one was a joke at Cody's expense.

Sorry if I'm too subtle for you heathens.

I did not read the middle pages of this but I didn't see Charles Johnson (the WR) on this list?? Anybody remember the 1993 season. He made some insane catches that year and was a great blocker out there as well. I think you have to put him above many on this list.

Yeah. He's my favorite quarterback.

J/k

I did not read the middle pages of this but I didn't see Charles Johnson (the WR) on this list?? Anybody remember the 1993 season. He made some insane catches that year and was a great blocker out there as well. I think you have to put him above many on this list.
Yeah. He's my favorite quarterback. J/k
Wait... Those were two different people?

get-off-my-lawn.jpg

Meh. Baktiari didn’t for a while, either. Same for Jimmy Smith if I recall correctly. I think that stuff is overblown. The important thing is to recognize that only starters get to have that intro. PRich is a starting WR in the NFL.

That pisses me off when players do that sh** I say remove them from the alumni list
And never mention them again!

Not gonna rank them but CJ is up there. Damn good at CU plus a pretty good Steeler. Hearing his story was pretty special. Dude loved ice cream.

I guess it depends on the question - best WRs to come out of CU, or best receivers as CU players? Because Nelson Spruce broke a bunch of school records.

I only started following the Buffs after moving here in the late 90s. So McCoy is the only one I saw play, and I happen to think that Chev and Spruce were both in the discussion with McCoy.

The funny thing is this thread was started by a dude just trying to get AllBufferinos over to his own website. At least it appears so.

Still a good topic.

The funny thing is this thread was started by a dude just trying to get AllBufferinos over to his own website. At least it appears so.

Still a good topic.
1. There is only one Bufferino.

2. The destruction of Matt Thompson was legendary.

Thanks for reminding me. I'm going back to page one.

Which other receivers liked ice cream?

I'll re-tell the ice cream story. We had a soft serve ice cream machine at training table. CJ would have a bowl or plate of ice cream every night for dinner. Sometimes as dinner. He grew up spending a lot of time homeless. Ice cream was a luxury that he didn't see much of until he got to Boulder. So he made the most of it. So Luke isn't crazy. About this at least.

I'll re-tell the ice cream story. We had a soft serve ice cream machine at training table. CJ would have a bowl or plate of ice cream every night for dinner. Sometimes as dinner. He grew up spending a lot of time homeless. Ice cream was a luxury that he didn't see much of until he got to Boulder. So he made the most of it. So Luke isn't crazy. About this at least.

Thanks for that story. CJ's story was great, and he seemed like an unassuming, humble person. He's one my all time favorite Buffs. My favorite play of his was I believe against Miami. Kordell threw a pick to the DB covering CJ, and CJ just went over, took the ball out of the DB's hands, and rambled forward for several yards. I wish he had more NFL success, but glad he at least got some NFL money. He's one of the many great examples of what college sports could and should do for their athletes.

Back