What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

UDub's last possession of the first half

Fair or not to go for a TD?

• Yes

Votes: 64 98.5%
  • No

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Borderline not sportsmanlike

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
On topic though, I remember a quote I read from Steve Emtman where he said essentially "It's not our job to stop ourselves, if they don't want the score run up then they need to stop us". Or something very similar. His point was that neither team should ever give up, both teams should keep fighting to the final whistle.
Pretty much exactly what I said earlier but then Buffs fans get butthurt because I questioned why a thread was even made about it in the first place.

This guy is just trolling to talk smack. And it is entirely possible he is a coog or fDuck fan, as it's common for them to impersonate our fans on opponents boards each game week. And don't let a few trash talkers represent our entire fan base, that is just asinine logic. You have a few ahole fans on here, but 99% of you are cool.

On topic though, I remember a quote I read from Steve Emtman where he said essentially "It's not our job to stop ourselves, if they don't want the score run up then they need to stop us". Or something very similar. His point was that neither team should ever give up, both teams should keep fighting to the final whistle.

No, we're all aholes on this site.

I still can't stop laughing about what Dio said earlier. A 3-loss team that should have been in the National Title Game? Pure Comedy.

I still can't stop laughing about what Dio said earlier. A 3-loss team that should have been in the National Title Game? Pure Comedy.

CU wasn't a three-loss team when that decision was made, genius. I'll let you do the math there.

Personally, I never believed that CU should have played in the National Championship game that year. Oregon was the most likely contender, as they were a one-loss team and a Conference Champion.

But you might remember that nebraska played in the title game, after they proved unable to win their division, let alone their conference.

CU wasn't a three-loss team when that decision was made, genius. I'll let you do the math there.

Personally, I never believed that CU should have played in the National Championship game that year. Oregon was the most likely contender, as they were a one-loss team and a Conference Champion.

But you might remember that nebraska played in the title game, after they proved unable to win their division, let alone their conference.

If anyone was screwed out of National Championship Game it was Washington in 2000. Still the only team ever to beat two top 5 teams in the Final Standings and not get a chance to play in the NC game.

If anyone was screwed out of National Championship Game it was Washington in 2000. Still the only team ever to beat two top 5 teams in the Final Standings and not get a chance to play in the NC game.

Yep, you guys are victims all right. Will you go away now?

Or Oregon 2001, or USC 2003.....

After 2000, due to the criticism of what happened to UW, the BCS reduced the significance of "margin of victory" and increased the significance of "strength of schedule." That change is what led to hurting Oregon in 2001. USC got screwed because the BCS is a flat out terrible idea and 3 teams were undefeated. This year may lead to even worse results. SEC has been screwed once by the BCS (Auburn, I believe). The Pac 10 was screwed 3 times.

It must be hard, being the center of the universe in your own mind.

I think it is fair to say we have established UDub is a troll, and probably a "special" one at that. Why not let him alone to prepare himself for the reaming at the hands of Stanford next week?

Or Oregon 2001, or USC 2003.....

After 2000, due to the criticism of what happened to UW, the BCS reduced the significance of "margin of victory" and increased the significance of "strength of schedule." That change is what led to hurting Oregon in 2001. USC got screwed because the BCS is a flat out terrible idea and 3 teams were undefeated. This year may lead to even worse results. SEC has been screwed once by the BCS (Auburn, I believe). The Pac 10 was screwed 3 times.

As I noted earlier, I believe that Oregon belonged there too, but did it really matter? Whoever played Miami was gonna take a beating--didn't you guys play them toward the end of the season? 70ish to 14ish if I remember correctly. That 2001 Miami team might have been the best team in College Football History (enter the whiny-ass huskers talking about 95, which was admittedly a great team, but still...).

I think it is fair to say we have established UDub is a troll, and probably a "special" one at that. Why not let him alone to prepare himself for the reaming at the hands of Stanford next week?

Cause I'm bored and he is an easy target, even if he isnt smart enough to understand it when he's been insulted

As I noted earlier, I believe that Oregon belonged there too, but did it really matter? Whoever played Miami was gonna take a beating--didn't you guys play them toward the end of the season? 70ish to 14ish if I remember correctly. That 2001 Miami team might have been the best team in College Football History (enter the whiny-ass huskers talking about 95, which was admittedly a great team, but still...).

Agreed. Miami would have beaten anyone that year. They destroyed us in 2001 and went on a roll since losing to UW in 2000. The 2000 NC game was a SNOOZER and UW would have had a great shot at winning that game. SC in 2003 would also have been a win. The BCS failed in those years.

Pretty much exactly what I said earlier but then Buffs fans get butthurt because I questioned why a thread was even made about it in the first place.

Vague and without vagueness in the first three words. Superior post. Would read again.

I am sorry... I consider myself somewhat intelligent and I can't figure out what question is being asked in this poll...

I have to give uDub some credit.... The question(s) IS/ ARE confusing!

I am sorry... I consider myself somewhat intelligent and I can't figure out what question is being asked in this poll...

I have to give uDub some credit.... The question(s) IS/ ARE confusing!

I am also sorry you consider yourself somewhat intelligent....

Oh, and in response to the OP. Yes, they are assholes. **** Washington. Yes, it was fair. That doesn't mean they aren't assholes.

Ah, time for a little afternoon mirth. The self appointed jester - UStub. For the record are you still in your teens??? Are you running back to your regular board bragging about the personal contribution you are making to a meltdown on Allbuffs? And Snowy needs to get a life you say. Do you do anything besides scouring the internet looking for boards you can troll on and make your self look big? Don't worry we already know the answers. So why are you even a topic, that is the question.

BTW, it is Washington's job to pound us into oblivion if they can. So yes go for the TD

I guess winning the 2001 Rose Bowl was "ages" ago. But what do I know? A fan base of a team that has 0 BCS Bowl Wins and hasn't won a bowl game in 7 years clearly knows more about winning than us. By the way, if you keep losing you could join our 2008 team for the record of most losses in a season. Good luck with that.

Get ****ed

This poll shows that the majority of (this) poll-takers are educated football-wise.

You never, EVER let up in the first half in the game of football. You just don't. Anything can happen in a half of football. You can let up in the 2nd half, but it's sheer stupidity to let up in the first. Especially for a team that has one winning season since 2002.

CU went on to score a TD to start the 2nd half and then force a Husky punt. You can't pull the Husky starter at that point until he puts up at least one more scoring drive in the second half.

Having said that, I also do not believe in running up the score. It's classless. One of the best things about the Don James era of Husky Football is he would never run up the score. Even in our MNC year, he pulled all the starters in the 3rd quarter and stopped throwing the ball when the game was over...

The first half is one thing (always go full steam). If the game is in hand by the second half, you do not run up the score if you are a classy coach. Or, if the score is run up, it is not done by the starters and you simply run the ball every play...

Back