What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Uniform Prediction Thread - 2018 Game 1 - CSU (Away)

Fair enough. I just think it's important to recognize the entire history of the program because there are a lot of highlights pre-McCartney. Myself, I'm only 30 only years old and established my love for the program with the same look as you, but the reality is as more and more time passes, the more the McCartney era will start to feel just as ancient as the eras that preceded it so those shouldn't be outright dismissed. Obviously the 89-96 run (wearing primarily GBG or GWB) is the highlight but the Buffaloes have been mighty in more than just one look through the years!

Specific to Lincoln, obviously our biggest win there came wearing GWB (your username says it all) but the two other most significant wins in Lincoln came wearing SWS (1961) and GWG (1967). Making some assumptions, I believe the Buffs are just 1-7 wearing GWB in Lincoln, 2-2 wearing GWW, 1-11 wearing GWG and 4-3 wearing silver helmets!

Yes, that cold ass game was one of many of my greatest personal moments as a Buff fan when I was young and dumb, since I was screaming my ass off at the end of the game, saying "Orange Bowl B**ches", all the while thinking that I might need my feet amputated sitting in that miserable freezing rain in that miserable stadium. I wanted to go down and slap EB around because it was crazy how he could not hold the ball, but it all worked out. Had he not fumbled, we would have won that game by a lot more points, and it would not have been close. I think they will be in Black Pants, White Jerseys, and Gold Helmets to pay tribute to the McCartney era and the battles that we had there in recent times. Our records in general are not good in Lincoln, that is why I want to win this game and start a new trend.

We wore G-W-W at the Alex Henery FG game, where Suh abused Hawkins in 2008 and again in 2010. I was never a real big fan of that though. I am pretty sure that Coach Mac1 always wore the G-W-B gear in Lincoln? Your statistical prowess kind of makes me want the Gray uniforms despite my personal preference, as it will confuse the hell out of the old farts in Lincoln, and I want this win pretty bad.

Yes, that cold ass game was one of many of my greatest personal moments as a Buff fan when I was young and dumb, since I was screaming my ass off at the end of the game, saying "Orange Bowl B**ches", all the while thinking that I might need my feet amputated sitting in that miserable freezing rain in that miserable stadium. I wanted to go down and slap EB around because it was crazy how he could not hold the ball, but it all worked out. Had he not fumbled, we would have won that game by a lot more points, and it would not have been close. I think they will be in Black Pants, White Jerseys, and Gold Helmets to pay tribute to the McCartney era and the battles that we had there in recent times. Our records in general are not good in Lincoln, that is why I want to win this game and start a new trend.

We wore G-W-W at the Alex Henery FG game, where Suh abused Hawkins in 2008 and again in 2010. I was never a real big fan of that though. I am pretty sure that Coach Mac1 always wore the G-W-B gear in Lincoln? Your statistical prowess kind of makes me want the Gray uniforms despite my personal preference, as it will confuse the hell out of the old farts in Lincoln, and I want this win pretty bad.

We wore GWG in Coach Mac1's first two in Lincoln. I agree with you that GWB would be my preference for Lincoln this year--not so much because we have a sterling record wearing them but as homage to wearing the GWB when this was a marquee game nationally from 88-96 (5 straight games in Lincoln where both teams were ranked in top 20, 4 straight where both were top 10 and 2 straight where both were top 5).

I didn't care much for the GWW at the time we wore them frequently toward the end of Barnett's tenure but now that we mix things up so much anyway and wear the WWW so often, I wouldn't mind that look getting back in the rotation. Definitely some great moments in those (back-to-back wins in Lincoln in 02 and 04, Chris Brown running all over the Rose Bowl, win over CSU in the lightning).

I appreciate CU uni history and certainly have my opinions and preferences. Ultimately though I don't care what they wear--as long as we win while wearing them I will remember fondly whatever the uni combination is!!

We wore GWG in Coach Mac1's first two in Lincoln. I agree with you that GWB would be my preference for Lincoln this year--not so much because we have a sterling record wearing them but as homage to wearing the GWB when this was a marquee game nationally from 88-96 (5 straight games in Lincoln where both teams were ranked in top 20, 4 straight where both were top 10 and 2 straight where both were top 5).

I didn't care much for the GWW at the time we wore them frequently toward the end of Barnett's tenure but now that we mix things up so much anyway and wear the WWW so often, I wouldn't mind that look getting back in the rotation. Definitely some great moments in those (back-to-back wins in Lincoln in 02 and 04, Chris Brown running all over the Rose Bowl, win over CSU in the lightning).

I appreciate CU uni history and certainly have my opinions and preferences. Ultimately though I don't care what they wear--as long as we win while wearing them I will remember fondly whatever the uni combination is!!

ESPN did pick it up and put it in the middle of the day. It still is a big deal. Does Husker Jesus come back have something to do with that? Probably. That said-this NU series is all about nostalgia. Go GWB for the games there and GBB (if for no other reason than a tribute to the '01 Buffs) for the games here.

Rams going all green

tenor.gif

GWW looks like a q-tip with ear wax, but I’m ok with that I guess. Better than anything with ugly green and scraggly sheep horns.

Theirs look good. I’m not a fan of the gold on white, but whatever, let’s play football!

Edit, it almost seems kind of unfair that they will essentially be camoflaged with the turf. Tactically speaking, matching the grass is definitely an advantage isn’t it?

Theirs look good. I’m not a fan of the gold on white, but whatever, let’s play football!

Edit, it almost seems kind of unfair that they will essentially be camoflaged with the turf. Tactically speaking, matching the grass is definitely an advantage isn’t it?
Somebody call the FBI!

hit-like-if-you-appreciate-the-carpet-matching-the-drapes-6018096.png

I know you're joking, and this probably a UBL, but I have heard so many people who should know better say that **** about Boise's blue turf. It's like they don't get that what we see on the TV isn't what the players on the field are seeing.

Back