What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

USC ALMOST A Game Thread - Covid Cancelled

Damnit I wanted to play the Trojans! If we win this game against SDSU, does that lock us in bowl wise?

Yeah. This is a kick in the nuts. Glad SDSU is there for us to play. But what a let down. Wash your hands! Lol. Go buffs!

How does the tie-breaker shake out if CU and USC have the same record at the end of the regular season? Would be such BS if CU gets punished for playing an OOC bc of USC bailing.
USC would need to have another team cancel on them in order for that to happen. Otherwise is CU and SC both win out and have the same record, CU would be 4-0 for PAC-12 CCG purposes whereas USC would be 5-0. So unless SC has another game canceled on them and they end up playing an OOC, CU could win out and get the short end of the stick even though USC would be the team responsible for the game being canceled.

A likely unpopular take, but I think playing SDSU is a better realistic opportunity for the Buffs. While we all want to beat USC, I think there is little chance that was going to happen. USC is much stronger than 'furd and ucla. If we can play quality ball, we have a good chance of going 3-0, will continue to gain visibility nationally and we'll gain confidence for the final two. Again, if it plays out, it can only help recruiting. Beating USC would be clearly better, but that's a huge ask.

This F'ing sucks, not only are there no negatives for USC, this actually helps them because if we win Saturday it doesn't count in division standings keeping them in 1st place? I am glad we are playing someone but WTF?

Back