What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

USC Pregame Thread: 10/13 @ 8:30 PM on FS1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pac-12 Championship in 2016.
I think originally thought this as well. But then I also thought about how winning this game not only starts to turn the conversation away from “CU hasn’t played anyone” and will also help in starting to remove the narrative that 2016 was an aberration. Buffs win this game, looking at an almost certain 9 win season, PAC12 South champs becomes highly likely for 2nd time in 3 years, and a bit more national respect.

I think originally thought this as well. But then I also thought about how winning this game not only starts to turn the conversation away from “CU hasn’t played anyone” and will also help in starting to remove the narrative that 2016 was an aberration. Buffs win this game, looking at an almost certain 9 win season, PAC12 South champs becomes highly likely for 2nd time in 3 years, and a bit more national respect.
CU wins this game and the narrative won’t change. Will just be an overrated .500 USC team and Colorado still won’t have beaten anybody. The story will still only be about Oregon-Washington winner as the PAC 12’s only hope.

CU wins this game and the narrative won’t change. Will just be an overrated .500 USC team and Colorado still won’t have beaten anybody. The story will still only be about Oregon-Washington winner as the PAC 12’s only hope.
I said starts to turn, not “changes the narrative.” Will still hear bits of that whenever CU is talked about leading up to Washington, but it won’t be as prominent, and I don’t care who you play, everyone will start to realize, bad SOS or not, it’s really tough to go 6-0 to start a season.

I'm sure this has been said but USC have that True Frosh starting at safety and some problems there to begin with.
Do you guys think the Buffs come out flat though? Like do you see it being 7-0, maybe 10-0 USC before they settle in? Maybe a little nervous rather than flat?
Also, a lot of the blogs about this game keep saying CU are a second half team. But is that more attributable to the altitude and the opponent getting tired in Boulder?

Since the expansion of the Pac-12, CU is not alone when it comes to not winning any games on the road at USC. Also in that club are Arizona, Cal, Oregon State, and Utah. The Trojans dominate the P12 at home against everyone. But from a percentage perspective, we’re due.

P12 v USC - year of last win on road & series record
South
ASU 2014. 5-11 road. 12-21 total
UCLA 2013. 21-41-7 road. 31-47-7 total
UofA 2009. 4-20 road. 8-33 total
Utah 1916. 1-8 road. 5-11 total
CU never. 0-6 road. 0-12 total

North
Stanford 2015. 19-27-1 road. 33-61-3 total
UW 2015. 12-32 road. 29-51-4 total
WSU 2013. 6-41-2 road. 10-59-4 total
O 2012. 8-25-1 road. 20-38-2 total
Cal 2000. 16-34-4 road. 29-70-5 total
OSU 1960. 3-42-3 road. 11-62-4 total

The narrative about CU won't change unless we win today and then beat Washington next week, or least play them very close.

Also, a lot of the blogs about this game keep saying CU are a second half team. But is that more attributable to the altitude and the opponent getting tired in Boulder?

It was the most pronounced in Lincoln, so no.

The second half thing is real. Last week, I was (half kiddingly) wondering if they were holding off on adjustments in the first half, because they didn't want to give ASU halftime to adjust to their adjustments.

Biggest game of MM’s career.

A bit melodramatic. I'm guessing it's not even the biggest game of the season thus far from MM's perspective. He came into this season on the hot seat. Lose any of those first 4 games and his job is in jeopardy. This is all gravy now from his point of view.

This team is playing loose, free and easy and will likely win tonight. Do that and guess what, MM will still not feel the pressure that you want to project on him for the washington game.

The team might feel that pressure. The CU fans will. You certainly won't because you're neither a fan of CU nor of MM.

I made plans so I was out of the house from 10am to 5pm. Only way I got through it. Now there's just the right amount of time to get myself lubricated for kickoff.
Me to. Finally popped the first beer. Now the wait begins

My kids go to bed at 8. Keeps me busy right up to before kickoff, with some time to enjoy a beer before the game begins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back