What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

USC Pregame Thread: 10/13 @ 8:30 PM on FS1

Status
Not open for further replies.
This makes me concerned that USC will target Viska and try to physically take him out of the game on a cheap shot. It wouldn't be below USC to do that as they targeted Bryce Love this year and he still hasn't really played since the USC v Standford game. It's something that has concerned me about this game for a while.
If they do that we'll twist their QB's leg.

LB Cam Smith doubtful with hamstring
OL Toa Lobendahn missing practice with back spasms
LB Porter Gustin day to day with an ankle injury
DL Jay Tufele questionable due to an auto accident

This only confirms my belief that we're going to win by 10 points-at least. The last pocket passer they faced was Minshew from WSU, and he carved them up. These injuries are only going to make Steven's life easier tomorrow night. Daniels is still learning-spare me the "Oh well USC had a bye week"-they spent it prepping for Utah and us......in addition to fixing their own issues. Given the nonsense I've heard coming out of there, I don't think they used their bye week effectively-especially given the fact that they practiced 2 times last week. The fact they're even thinking about Utah when they've got a top 20 team coming in the week before tells me they don't respect us, which is in even more to our benefit. As far as Daniels.......well we saw our defense did to the last true freshman QB in the second half against UCLA. My guess is we'll have some exotic stuff lined up for him at the start of the game.

This only confirms my belief that we're going to win by 10 points-at least. The last pocket passer they faced was Minshew from WSU, and he carved them up. These injuries are only going to make Steven's life easier tomorrow night. Daniels is still learning-spare me the "Oh well USC had a bye week"-they spent it prepping for Utah and us......in addition to fixing their own issues. Given the nonsense I've heard coming out of there, I don't think they used their bye week effectively-especially given the fact that they practiced 2 times last week. The fact they're even thinking about Utah when they've got a top 20 team coming in the week before tells me they don't respect us, which is in even more to our benefit. As far as Daniels.......well we saw our defense did to the last true freshman QB in the second half against UCLA. My guess is we'll have some exotic stuff lined up for him at the start of the game.
Sometimes I wish I was a freshman quarterback. I’ve been married for ten years and I cannot remember the last time anyone lined up some exotic stuff for me.

Why would USC respect a team that has never beaten them?

One thing that drives me nuts is when opposing players are on the injury list, but then come out and play the game of their lives against us.
But I hope you're right.

So after Arizona's horror show last night v Utah - what's the prevailing thought about how they did vs USC and what that means for CU?

DpZYVHcU4AAO40n.jpg

Which others? I’m open to debate.

Wazzu 16?
Utah last year?
Huge recency bias here. There were numerous games in 2016 that we're critical.

Let me put it this way... Why is USC the most important game of his tenure? If they lose, what happens? Do they lose the South?

If they lose, they won't be eligible for the playoffs. That is pretty much it.

CU needs to take a big step forward tonight. I was sort of disappointed that we only won by 7 last week. And I know ASU only lost by 7 to Washington and all that. I just think USC is going to be very focused. This is such a weird season. Especially if you start doing comparative scores.

Huge recency bias here. There were numerous games in 2016 that we're critical.

Let me put it this way... Why is USC the most important game of his tenure? If they lose, what happens? Do they lose the South?

If they lose, they won't be eligible for the playoffs. That is pretty much it.
Needs to beat the top dog in division.
Needs a signature road win.
Needs to get over the hump against USC.
Critical, critical division game.
Big recruiting game.
Needs to silence those questioning SOS.
Gauge of upgraded recruiting and player development against key talent.

Dez picked us and Corso picked against us, just like last week, so good. Also another Corsoism - he said we haven't beaten a team with a winning record, but ASU was 3-2 when we played.

I liked the sign on gameday showing URBAN MEYER, COACH OF OHIO STATE with a Pinocchio nose. (Caps for the idot admin that moved my original post about this to the Nebraska hate thread.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back