What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Very encouraging. Hope we build on it

There are probably 3 winnable games left on the schedule. Sefo looks good, the run game is strong, the Oline is looking better, but the D still sucks. I see a lot to build on.

3?

McKayla-Maroney--008.jpg

It's starting to sink in that we lost, just like last week, just like probably next week, and like the previous game were given countless opportunities to take advantage of an opponent not having their best game and steal a win, and shot ourselves in the foot when given those chances. Still, I found myself enjoying watching the offense move the ball. Sefo is looking good and is building rapport with receivers who will be here when Richardson is gone next year. He's doing it with slightly improved protection and his line is fighting for him. Powell ran the ball well. He and a healthy Adkins are looking like a great pair to have the next couple years running together.

The defense has been very disappointing and has hit their plateau in performance after showing huge improvement in the first game of the season after last year's embarrassment. Regardless, I was entertained by a conference road game at a ranked opponent. I did not expect that this year once the Oregon State game showed me to expect more of the same carried over from 2012. I am proud of this team for staying and fighting until the end even when they failed to execute. Much more than I can say this time a year ago.

It's starting to sink in that we lost, just like last week, just like probably next week, and like the previous game were given countless opportunities to take advantage of an opponent not having their best game and steal a win, and shot ourselves in the foot when given those chances. Still, I found myself enjoying watching the offense move the ball. Sefo is looking good and is building rapport with receivers who will be here when Richardson is gone next year. He's doing it with slightly improved protection and his line is fighting for him. Powell ran the ball well. He and a healthy Adkins are looking like a great pair to have the next couple years running together.

The defense has been very disappointing and has hit their plateau in performance after showing huge improvement in the first game of the season after last year's embarrassment. Regardless, I was entertained by a conference road game at a ranked opponent. I did not expect that this year once the Oregon State game showed me to expect more of the same carried over from 2012. I am proud of this team for staying and fighting until the end even when they failed to execute. Much more than I can say this time a year ago.

I agree with this post 100%.

I'm proud of this team. They fought hard. We just don't have the horses yet. I think we may finally have the coaching. This won't get turned around overnight, but I'm loving the improvement.

This team gives me hope every game (and then crushes it). Last year, I never felt that emotion called hope. I have realized that I missed it.

Sefo is very good.

This is the first start of his I've seen (thanks, Directv). I'm impressed, considering he's a true freshman without a great line (to put it nicely) in front of him. Clearly lots of room to grow and lots to learn, but I at least see a guy who doesn't stick out like a sore thumb in the Pac-12.

On the downside, running QBs are forever the bane of our existence. Someday we're going to figure that thing out, and it'll be an awesome day.

I kept wondering if our pass rushers are visually impaired. Seems like they're just rushing forward without being able to see the target. A couple times they got 3-4 guys with good penetration and the chance to make a play. Then Hundley would run right between them and nobody even seemed to be aware of him. Maybe it's just a lack of athleticism, an inability to make quick change of direction. I don't know. But it's frustrating as hell to watch.

Our red zone play calling is awful

I will extend that out to when we get in FG range. Which seemed to be way too important to us. Get to the 30 or 35 yard line, then stop taking any chances, protect the field position and hold on for fourth down. As much as I was ready to stuff a ****ing duck down Joey Harrington's throat after the 10 millionth time he said it (he was just getting warmed up at that point), the Buffs have got to finish drives instead of settling for 45 yard FG tries...

Still, the fact that we're talking about finishing drives and not complete offensive ineptitude, that we're bitching about not finishing plays defensively instead of looking utterly helpless is, sadly enough, progress. If anyone couldn't see that this team was better out there tonight than they would have been the last two or three years, I'm thinking you've been watching tapes from the Barnett area, not the games we've actually been playing...

We NEED a viable Pac 12 TE

Hoping Keeney, JThomas, and Bobo will help out in that area next year.

Still. 1st and goal from the 9 and we run twice up the middle? That's weak. I get that you don't want to just put the ball in Sefo's hands in that situation. He's a freshman and he'll toss it up for grabs on occasion, but we have to realize our defense isn't good. We can't be happy with getting 3 in that situation.

Still. 1st and goal from the 9 and we run twice up the middle? That's weak. I get that you don't want to just put the ball in Sefo's hands in that situation. He's a freshman and he'll toss it up for grabs on occasion, but we have to realize our defense isn't good. We can't be happy with getting 3 in that situation.
I missed most of the 2nd half again this week, but yeah we need to quit with the up the middle runs. We aren't a good running team, get the ball to Spruce or PRich on a quick slant to screen.

They had to accomplish playing a PAC 12 opponent for 4 quarters and making that team stay on the field. It will not buy you a steak at del friscos but they did that. And Sefo is going to be a stud qb barring injury.

Hate the mistakes but this is a solid step forward.

Coulda been worse. A lot worse. Red zone play was extremely frustrating. Can't miss field goals. Darragh and Severson had bad nights. Sefo was very poised.

Nope. We still lose by 23. If you want to claim a moral victory by not letting the other team cover a 26.5 point spread, have at it.

Meh. Whenever CU scores late we always hear from the more negative "fans" on the board that it doesn't count because it was in "garbage time." The last UCLA score was near the end with the game already over, when CU gave them great field position because the coaches had the guts to go for an onside kick, and UCLA scored on a gimmick play. According to the math that I usually see from the anti-CU elements of our fan base, losing scores are actually greater than the final score, because CU scored the points in "garbage time." So, I think we can fairly say, according to the logic of the "garbage time" argument, that CU actually lost by 16 points.

I'm praying for a JUCO TE to be one of those 6 to 8 visiting for USC

My take. Sefo is improving each week and I am pumped about that. UCLA holds, grabs, punches, on every play. They play like an NFL team. Our oline played the best game all year. Great pass protection. Our run blocking is still not that great. Christian Powell runs like a full back. He is still a stud. UCLA game planned for the deep ball against prich all night. Sefo took what the d gave him. Our special teams still stink, seversen on kick return makes me laugh. We were in great position to make plays but UCLA has superior athletes. Lindgren, ugh. Small steps, guys

It seems like the right guy is in charge, if he can get the faster horses in the stable.

MM will be revealed as a great coach in time. Needs many more athletes. If the staff can recruit, we'll be fine. The guys showed a lot of heart and courage tonight. Sefo is the man, so is Powell, and a lot of the Buffs gave their best efforts of the season tonight. Watching all that undisciplined raw talent wearing the Baby Blue tonight was off-putting. MM would go 11-1 or better with UCLA's roster.

Having said this though, the P12 is a conference in which the good (and the pretty good) teams can rebuild or reload quickly. It will always take successful recruiting and hard work to be in the upper third of the league. So let's get there.

Disappointing that Adkins wasn't able to go tonight. Would have been interesting to see what he could add to the offense finishing drives...

Much better effort on offense, other than not finishing drives and kicking fg's. Powell and sefo looked good. Defense? They got more pressure but missed at least 5 sacks that turned into big plays.

Quick takes:

- Liked the fire from the OL
- Loved seeing Powell finally bring the Pow
- Very encouraged by Sefo - it's clearly his team now
- Defense is breaking down because there's too little disruption - we lose the line of scrimmage. Once these 19 yr olds on our DL grow up some more, that should change and it will fix most of the problems. Not sure there's much hope of it this year, so we'll need to score a ton of points and hope to force some TOs.
- Keep playing with this level of effort and we'll start winning

With a 24-36, for 273 effort, I think Sefo has upside and has shown he can be a PAC-12 QB. Continued progress from the line and more production from the backs (need Atkins) will let him shine, and if the line continues to jell, the O could still make serious improvements this year.

Not happy, but encouraged.

I don't think anyone is calling this a moral victory. The defense is still really frustrating. But they, for the most part, were playing the set plays really well. It was the scrambling, improvisational plays that killed us.

What at really encouraged me was Sefo's play. It was the first I've seen him on TV and I was really impressed with his leadership and composure. What I also just loved was the linemen running back and defending him when he got into it with the bruin defender. That was sweet. Yeah, ifs and buts are for losers, but since I'm a loser, if we'd made our FG's or better yet, scored TD's, and if we hadn't fumbled the kickoff and if we'd turned our head on the 75 yard pass, 4 plays, we'd have had a shot. So there Mr. HotRack!

There were some positives. Hard not to like Sefo as a QB, moving forward. We need to do a better job protecting him though; that should be the biggest priority in recruiting.. go hard after the best offensive lineman we can get.

The play calling screamed more trying to prevent a blow out, then trying to win the game. Way too conservative in key situations. Too many drives stalled because there seemed to be a fear to put the ball in Sefo's hands. If you're going to play a ball control offense, then you absolutely can not have the amount of false start penalties that we had. Also can not have your kickoff returner fumble the ball... twice.

This game was incredibly frustrating, because the way it unfolded, you really got the impression they could win the game.

Nota doubt about it, tonight was a step forward. Even though we have not posted wins in the Pac yet, this team is getting better. We are seeing better Oline play, have a QB that can make things happen, and the Def is not great yet, but they are improved. Last year this team would have been done as soon as the fumble on the kickoff was lost. This year, they continued to fight.

I know I wear gold colored glasses a lot, but this team is improving. It will not be a bowl season this year, but I believe we will break thru next season.

Back